Wigan have snared the Melbourne Storm trio. Who can stop Wigan?

Im not the one dealing in the past

Lima is an ex Kiwi

Finch is an ex 7

You really are hard work, im done replying to your inane male genitals now, me iggy box is building up nicely now :lol:

No, Lima is not an ex Kiwi. He was, is now, and will remain a Kiwi until he decides otherwise. Meanwhile we can expect him to represent New Zealand Kiwis again in the future.

No Finch is not an ex 7, he is a versatile half who can play 6 or 7. Do you think that his year playing 6 at Melbourne Storm has caused him to forget how to play at 7 -- a position he played for ten years?

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reread my previous post...but carefully this time.

You really do need to learn that people disagreeing with you, don't necessarily do so because they haven't understood you.

People called Romans they go the house

Far from being slow to understand Wally, I think I am showing tremendous patience dealing with your inane ramblings.

Once more for the cheap seats, "I don't want any foreign players in the Wigan team. I don't want an Australian coach, and would much rather have an Englishman"

Now then, which part of that are you having difficulty with?

I don't care of Maguire knows better than me. He is no more entitled to his opinion than I am. Is that clear, or do you want me to write it in crayon for you?

so youd rather an english coach rather than someone whose gotten wigans best results in 15 years?

:lol:

this is why i said leave it to your coach

so youd rather an english coach rather than someone whose gotten wigans best results in 15 years?

this is why i said leave it to your coach

You really are daft sometimes.

I don't care about the results. I am more concerned with my home town club developing its own players and coaching staff.

If the results come with local resources, I will be far more pleased than I would be if they were obtained by a gang of mercenary Australians who couldn't give a sh!te about Wigan.

I know that you lot don't care where your players come from, but I have pride in my locality, a concept which your posts in this thread prove you have no idea about.

I don't care about the results. I am more concerned with my home town club developing its own players and coaching staff.

If the results come with local resources, I will be far more pleased than I would be if they were obtained by a gang of mercenary Australians who couldn't give a sh!te about Wigan.

I know that you lot don't care where your players come from, but I have pride in my locality, a concept which your posts in this thread prove you have no idea about.

Agreed...just look at Batley in the NRC - all local lads, English coach, proud as punch - much more of an emotional attachment for all the fans, tears flowed yesterday

Time and time again the Leigh fans ask why oh why couldn't we have all the home grown players at Leigh - it certainly would be a proud day if that ever happened again

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Confirmed.

http://www.wiganrl.com/WContent.aspx?id=5017&type=1

I'm not happy about it to be honest, but let's see the total number of the players released before I get really uptight.

I suppose the length of contracts mirrors their potential (in reverse)

ah well - like you say lets see how it goes and what the fallout is

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Who says Wigan don't produce local talent?

Your credibility is zero on here mate.

You aren't even making sense any more.

Thanks for your input, now get back to your life-size cardboard cut-out of Andrew Johns, and your bumper box of Kleenex.

It's probably been a few weeks since I agreed with you, but the above is an excellent post, and I couldn't agree more.

The pundits on tonight's NRL show were suggesting that Hoffman may have only signed a one-year contract, to see what happens at Melbourne - if they get back under the cap, he might head back there.

They're all very good players though. Should go well for Wigan

The set up is full of loopholes that make the system a Joke.

There are that many ways around the quota the whole system lacks credibility.

If Wigan played all of their imports as you would expect them to and add the overseas born exempted players how many of the 17 would be English born? 7 or 8?

Not much different with some other teams.

Good to see teams are using the 3 year license that allows them 3 years to build a supply of locals being taken full advantage of.

The set up is full of loopholes that make the system a Joke.

There are that many ways around the quota the whole system lacks credibility.

If Wigan played all of their imports as you would expect them to and add the overseas born exempted players how many of the 17 would be English born? 7 or 8?

Not much different with some other teams.

Good to see teams are using the 3 year license that allows them 3 years to build a supply of locals being taken full advantage of.

Perhaps we should wait and see the make-up of the team's sqads for next season before we criticise them.

I'd have said the exact same thing if these three had signed for Saints, what very ordinary signings these are.

The best of the bunch looks like Hoffman, and if, as one poster said, he has only signed for a year with an eye on returning to Melbourne then he hardly seems committed either.

If we are talking improving quality it just isnt there. For Brett Finch see Tim Smith, for Jeff Lima see Paleaaesina. No real improvements there. Hoffman is probably on a par with what Phil Bailey was when he first signed.

As I say, it doesnt matter its Wigan that have signed them, I'd be complaining if it was Saints too, I just dont see how these 3 contribute to an improvement in quality in SL.

Its a shame that with all MM's influence at the Storm, and the desperation of the club to reduce the salary cap that these three are the best MM could get.

Last Friday v Wire Wigan had 10 players either through their academy or Wigan born in the 17.

The previous week v Salford it was 11.

Wigan's quota players, I think! Riddell, Bailey, Phelps, Roberts,

Kolpac/EU. Carmont, Feka & Richards.

Home grown - Hansen, (Leuluai. He is hg by Quins so is Federation for Wigan)

With the new comers here for next year we think the ones leaving will be Riddell (confirmed) Bailey, Phelps & Feka. Four overseas out and three in.

This potentially under the new RFL rules leaves Wigan with one vacant quota spot and three Kolpac/EU places.

I'd have said the exact same thing if these three had signed for Saints, what very ordinary signings these are.

I reckon Saints fans should not speak too soon - lets see who they sign to replace Fa'asavalu following his defection to Quins RU first !

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Your credibility is zero on here mate.

You aren't even making sense any more.

Thanks for your input, now get back to your life-size cardboard cut-out of Andrew Johns, and your bumper box of Kleenex.

Classic.

Only in Wigan can their krank fans dupe themselves into thinking that import a 'better class' of Christmas turkies be preferable on bringing through their 'world beating ' youth setup.

As for making no sense, that really is the pot calling the kettle black.

See you in 3 months when your side bottle it.

Edited by Northern Exposure
PHOTO_6267313_7691_3768222_ap_320X240.jpg

The best of the bunch looks like Hoffman, and if, as one poster said, he has only signed for a year with an eye on returning to Melbourne then he hardly seems committed either.

If we are talking improving quality it just isnt there. For Brett Finch see Tim Smith, for Jeff Lima see Paleaaesina. No real improvements there. Hoffman is probably on a par with what Phil Bailey was when he first signed.

As I say, it doesnt matter its Wigan that have signed them, I'd be complaining if it was Saints too, I just dont see how these 3 contribute to an improvement in quality in SL.

Its a shame that with all MM's influence at the Storm, and the desperation of the club to reduce the salary cap that these three are the best MM could get.

It's basically 3 of his mates on an elongated holiday.

Look at Dallas Johnson. Awesome at the Storm - ###### at Catalans.

Classic.

Only in Wigan can their krank fans dupe themselves into thinking that import a 'better class' of Christmas turkies be preferable on bringing through their 'world beating ' youth setup.

As for making no sense, that really is the pot calling the kettle black.

See you in 3 months when your side bottle it.

I may be mistaken, but if you have a read of post #54, don't you and Hannibal find yourself in some sort of agreement?

Clearly I don't want to get in the way of you guys trading insults but you do appear to be singing from the same hymn sheet!

Whilst these three signings may not be Worldbeaters, it is, to me at least a very obvious fit.

Organising halfback who will enable Tomkins to play to the line, which will enable him to be the stand-off he obviously is - Check.

Experienced backrower to compliment/eduacate the young backrowers - Check

Size and experience to the front row, which Wigan are painfully short of - Check

Whether they are rated/not wanted by supporters of other clubs is a moot point. They are available and fit the requirements of Wigan.

I may be mistaken, but if you have a read of post #54, don't you and Hannibal find yourself in some sort of agreement?

Clearly I don't want to get in the way of you guys trading insults but you do appear to be singing from the same hymn sheet!

Shush! ;)

Nah, he is right in what he says.

I prefer going after BoaB really :)

wow a RL fan who doesnt care about results

youd have been very happy at the lack of results wigan had in SL for 10 years then!

me i want the best talent from where ever.

still forums allow for all opinions, even weird ones