Hull FC v Wigan Warriors

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan
    • Draw

Never mind 3D tv i watched it with my wigan eye patch on tonight. As i was a wigan fan for the game i thought i'd go for the full "wigan experience" and watch it through one eye. I wasn't disappointed, didn't see any of the wigan forward passes or another o'loughlin high shot but did see yeamans head shaker on goulding. Highlight of the night for me was pat richards miming his biggest ever imaginary video screen to silverwood, it was fu**in massive, you've gotta love the guy. Thought deacon slotted in well with a couple of tremendous passes and the hiding hull took tonight means our points difference is worth another point compared to hulls. A great night for leeds and a strangely pleasurable experience supporting wigan.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performance of the year so far, from any team.

As bad as Hull were, that was Wigan's doing and some of the passing for the tries was sublime (O'Loughlin, Tomkins and Deacon).

If they play like that for the rest of the year, the rest may as well finish now.

People called Romans they go the house

Old Faithful,

We've just been hammered by Wigan

Old Faithful,

The score was a pretty biggun

Now the roundup days are over

I'll become a Kingston Rover

Goodbye Old Faithful pal o' mine

(sorry) ;)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

excellent performance from the pies. that's the hubcap sorted. good to see briers emptied his pockets before washing his shorts last week and tompkins(sp?) was able to turn out.

:D

Good one.

Nice to see that Tomkins has had more good performances in 12 months than that waster Briers has had in a whole career.

I'd like to say that we will get our own back in the GF, but Wire won't make it.

I never like to read too much into any one game, however I think that game is an indication of how poor SL is. Wigan were fine and scored some great tries this is not an attempt to undermine Wigan at all, they have proved consistency and that they are likely to finish as the best team this year. However when the 4th best team can get niled like that it says alot about the league. Hull had injuries to be sure but Wigan had some missing and where backing up from a shorter period. If someone had quoted me that score without the teams I would have expected top versus some where near bottom, not 4th place.

Saints too have struggled to back up this year, beating Wigan but then not playing to the same intensity for weeks later. I'm not a huge fan of saying that the NRL is better than SL, but on this evidence I can't see much different happening come the internationals at the end of the year.

It's all about da bass

I wouldn't like to read a post where you did attempt to undermine Wigan, bw. There are blow out scores even in the NRL. As regards FC's prospects, and to give bw and 3tools a lift by allowing them to reminisce about sadder times for Wigan, in the same year Wigan lost 75-0 to Saints and 70-0 to Leeds they also beat those teams. At full strength either team would hold their own in the NRL.

Old Faithful,

We've just been hammered by Wigan

Old Faithful,

The score was a pretty biggun

Now the roundup days are over

I'll become a Kingston Rover

Goodbye Old Faithful pal o' mine

(sorry) ;)

So you should be :D

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Any of you lot coming over tomorrow?

Can't say I blame you if not, we had a nightmare journey to the DW on a Friday night a while back and only scraped in for kick off. The nightmare was making it there at all.... :(

Come to think of it, the journey home wasn't much fun either.

Especially as some joker though it would be a good idea to reduce the M62 to the width of a back tenfoot.

Hope the Wigan fans had a better journey home last night. Mind you, they probably wouldn't have been bothered.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Never mind 3D tv i watched it with my wigan eye patch on tonight. As i was a wigan fan for the game i thought i'd go for the full "wigan experience" and watch it through one eye. I wasn't disappointed, didn't see any of the wigan forward passes or another o'loughlin high shot but did see yeamans head shaker on goulding. Highlight of the night for me was pat richards miming his biggest ever imaginary video screen to silverwood, it was fu**in massive, you've gotta love the guy. Thought deacon slotted in well with a couple of tremendous passes and the hiding hull took tonight means our points difference is worth another point compared to hulls. A great night for leeds and a strangely pleasurable experience supporting wigan.

Brown noser.

Wigan really didn't have to work that hard for that did they, Hull were terrible, probably the worst performance of any team this season.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Brown noser.

Wigan really didn't have to work that hard for that did they, Hull were terrible, probably the worst performance of any team this season.

To be fair to Hull, they played far worse the other week at Waky, so they have improved. :wacko:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I wouldn't like to read a post where you did attempt to undermine Wigan, bw. There are blow out scores even in the NRL. As regards FC's prospects, and to give bw and 3tools a lift by allowing them to reminisce about sadder times for Wigan, in the same year Wigan lost 75-0 to Saints and 70-0 to Leeds they also beat those teams. At full strength either team would hold their own in the NRL.

Indeed, what kind of comp would see 5th placed Warriors stuffed 40-6 against Melbourne?

Or the 4th placed Roosters getting 60 stuck on them by the terrible Bulldogs.

What a nonsense post. Best club in league gives off-form club a hiding shocker!

Brown noser.

I still think fourth place might be decided at the K.C on the last day of the season despite hulls woeful display last night, but with leeds getting players back every week i would make the trip eastwards with a lot more confidence. Hull fans on here have been honest in their appraisals of the team and after seeing them three times in three weeks i'd say their chances of making any sort of impact on the play offs is fading fast. They certainly missed their big names sat in the stands but even with the likes of o'meley, fitzgibbon, tickle etc available i think they've peaked for this season. I hope they suprise me come play off time, preferrably from fifth spot.

I still think fourth place might be decided at the K.C on the last day of the season despite hulls woeful display last night, but with leeds getting players back every week i would make the trip eastwards with a lot more confidence. Hull fans on here have been honest in their appraisals of the team and after seeing them three times in three weeks i'd say their chances of making any sort of impact on the play offs is fading fast. They certainly missed their big names sat in the stands but even with the likes of o'meley, fitzgibbon, tickle etc available i think they've peaked for this season. I hope they suprise me come play off time, preferrably from fifth spot.

Problem is we seem to be getting some players back and then losing others, can't wait to got to the KC for the last game of the regular season.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Hull fans on here have been honest in their appraisals of the team

Indeed. After what we've seen for most of the season it's difficult to be anything other than gloomy about our team's chances in most games.

Hull were pitiful last night, but Wigan were great.

I repeat myself again but in the Derby, Hull didn't need coaching. The same big name players were missing but the people who played didn't need telling what to do, they knew what an important game it was.

In a game like last night, they need coaching and that's where my team are at a disadvantage.

Well done to Wigan, some of their football was terrific, but they probably haven't had an easier double all season.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Indeed. After what we've seen for most of the season it's difficult to be anything other than gloomy about our team's chances in most games.

Hull were pitiful last night, but Wigan were great.

I repeat myself again but in the Derby, Hull didn't need coaching. The same big name players were missing but the people who played didn't need telling what to do, they knew what an important game it was.

In a game like last night, they need coaching and that's where my team are at a disadvantage.

Well done to Wigan, some of their football was terrific, but they probably haven't had an easier double all season.

Hull have been a very up and down team just lately, appearing to run out of steam in some games, and yet looking very good in others, as you say they wouldn't need much motivating for the derby game, but last night they were sadly very poor. Wigan look better and better to me, and if things go as they are planning ,they are going to be some side next season, Tompkins looks very good playing a B Hodgson type game, was very impressed with him last night.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

In the same way that I wasn't giving up on the season after last week's defeat, I'm not going to get overly excited about last night's victory. Yes, Wigan played well and Hull were poor, but because of the league / playoff system it really doesn't matter too much who you beat and how you beat them as long as you get a decent finishing position and peak at the right time in the playoffs. I'll stand by my view of a few months ago that there are four teams capable of getting to and winning the GF this season, so by those standards SL is more open than it has been for a number of years. I'm also content because Wigan can actually be included in that elite group for the first time in more than half a decade.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Sam's performance made me wonder whether 1 is his best position for England just now, as we have an abundance of good halves - Eastmond at 7 and McGuire/Pryce at 6 perhaps?

Sam at FB is like having an extra stand off in attack - it never hurts to have an extra playmaker on the field, especially in a position where he is given the freedom to roam. Sam has all the natural talents to be a great fullback, as he has quick acceleration, good hands and reads the game so well as we have seen when he used to sweep up when playing at 6. All he needs is more experience of the full back role now - luckily he has two masters of the position (Radlinski and Hampson) who can teach him everything he needs to know about the position from a technical point of view.

oderint dum metuant

Sam's performance made me wonder whether 1 is his best position for England just now, as we have an abundance of good halves - Eastmond at 7 and McGuire/Pryce at 6 perhaps?

I haven't seen much of him at 1, how is he under the high ball and defensively? He would certainlt get tested against the Aussies, although I like the idea of us loading our team with attacking players to try and worry them for a change!

I haven't seen much of him at 1, how is he under the high ball and defensively? He would certainlt get tested against the Aussies, although I like the idea of us loading our team with attacking players to try and worry them for a change!

Not had too much of a problem so far, considering the limited experience he has in the role. But Sam is one of those players that is such a natural talent that position ultimately won't matter - I think he'd give an above average SL performance at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 9.

oderint dum metuant

Not had too much of a problem so far, considering the limited experience he has in the role. But Sam is one of those players that is such a natural talent that position ultimately won't matter - I think he'd give an above average SL performance at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 9.

Probably right, and whilst trying to keep this away from a Briers v Tomkins debate, there are clear similarities between them. Briers often drops back on the latter tackles and is in positions to take high kicks, chips etc. (I think he did one at the DW and jumped forcing himself to be tackled in the air). I feel safer with Briers unde a kick than I do with Mathers, Riley or Hicks tbh.

Certain players are so skilfull that they have the transferable skills for most positions, and Tomkins is definitely in this class.

Probably right, and whilst trying to keep this away from a Briers v Tomkins debate, there are clear similarities between them.

there is no briers v tomkins debate. they're both at opposite ends of their respective careers, i just like the fact that everytime they're on the same pitch together one of them seems to pull out his autograph book and gaze on in total awe at the other! ;)

Certain players are so skilfull that they have the transferable skills for most positions, and Tomkins is definitely in this class.

then he's got a decision to make, does he see himself as a full back or half back. personally, shifting england's best half back to full back is madness and if wigan/mcguire is doing it to accomodate his mate from melbourne then i'd be ###### off if i was a wigan fan.

foxes or poor people?