Carl Dooler

It is with great sadness that I wish to inform the forum members and guests that my old mate and Featherstone great Carl Dooler passed away this evening.

Since Carl remarried he has lived at Newcastle on Tyne. My thoughts and prayers go to his wife Val and all his family

Mick Thornton

M.J.Thornton

what a shock. very sad news indeed,deepest sympathy to carls family.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Very shocked by this sad news, many memories of Carl.s playing days at Fev. Condolences to his family and friends, R.I.P Carl.

Im Fev and im proud

It is with great sadness that I wish to inform the forum members and guests that my old mate and Featherstone great Carl Dooler passed away this evening.

Since Carl remarried he has lived at Newcastle on Tyne. My thoughts and prayers go to his wife Val and all his family

Mick Thornton

Quite unbelievable. Doesn't seem two minutes since he was playing. RIP. Great memories of a great player.

I'm so sad to hear this, my condolances to his family and friends, always a trier, but above all a winner

RIP Carl God Bless.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

This was sent via the administrators:-

My brother will always be in my mind I just can't believe that he is no longer with us.

Tony Dooler

Our deepest condolences go out from all at the Rovers forum.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

how lucky we were, when the Fox Mullaney partnership ended, along came Carl Dooler and Ivor Lingard. fantastic. thanks for the wonderful memories Carl.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Carl Dooler was one of my favourite Rovers players. He brought me a great deal of pleasure in a dark time of my life.

I'll never forget that.

thanks Carl RIP.

How poignant is it that his contribution to Rovers is to be recognised at long last in the Rovers' Hall of fame.

chris westwood.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

my condolancies go to Carls family, A class player in his day and the Lance Tood Trophy winner at my very first Wembley in 1967 when I was wearing a Featherstone Rovers cap and rosette.

I too was attending Wembley in 1967 for the first time. A lad of 16 I was then, with my younger brother. I remember many classy performances by Carl following the departure of 'the poor lad'. Now both have gone to Heaven. Sincere condolences to Carl's family.

A truly great player Carl was one of three Lance Todd Trophy winners to come from the mining village of Sharlston

and he will be sadly missed R.I.P Carl.

chappy

:( saddened to read of his untimley passing. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Your addition to the hall of fame will be a fitting tribute to the contribution you have made to the Rovers and the game.

Ihave spoken to Dave Hadfield about about an obituary for Carl in the 'Independent'.

He called me today to say that one will appear very soon.

It's only fitting that Carl's achievements and life should be recognised nationally.

ragards: chris westwood.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local