rubbish rl celeb spot.

I've been to a party at Eddie's house in Warrington (it was his son's 21st & my other half was at uni with him), where I also met Stevo.

Stevo appeared to have a bit of an eye for the ladies shall we say. ;)

There is a theme emerging here.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I often used to see Tony Rae in the Safeway (now Waitrose) in Wapping - they sold Open Rugby in there too so it was quite a mecca for those in the know.

Did he discuss your coat with you?

I went out with a very posh girl once and being a romantic I took her to the rugby league game in Halifax (I bought her beer at half time and everything).

I introduced her to Stevo to her after the game and Stevo to her. Whether it was the cut glass accent or the pretty face, big boobs, blonde hair combo, I do not know, but he was a man transformed into a far more genteel self.

When we were at the pub watching the rugby league (probably the next date) in Oxford a few weeks later, she was suddenly amazed and remarked, "Gosh, there's Michael!". Apparently, even his immediate family call him Stevo.

Did it end in tears?

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

I saw Gary Mercer at a hotel near York Racecourse on Saturday. He was eyeing up my wife.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

My son won a competition in the local paper for a RL player to make a healthy meal for him. So last year we had Ben Harrisson in the house making a very nice meal for us. Well, the lady who organised it made the meal and Ben helped a bit.

We tried to get him to spill the beans on the 'drinking culture' at the club. But he wasn't having any of it. A month later he was thrown out of a pub in Warrington town centre with Chris Bridge.

Also, back in 1996 when Oldham were in Super League, I went to Watersheddings for a match, Oldham v Leeds, I think. This was the match when a dog invaded the pitch in the second half, with Buster the Bear running round after it. Anyway before the match, I was in the toilets when in walked Bill Arthur. Needless to say I didn't stop around to shake hands with him.

My son won a competition in the local paper for a RL player to make a healthy meal for him. So last year we had Ben Harrisson in the house making a very nice meal for us. Well, the lady who organised it made the meal and Ben helped a bit.

We tried to get him to spill the beans on the 'drinking culture' at the club. But he wasn't having any of it. A month later he was thrown out of a pub in Warrington town centre with Chris Bridge.

Also, back in 1996 when Oldham were in Super League, I went to Watersheddings for a match, Oldham v Leeds, I think. This was the match when a dog invaded the pitch in the second half, with Buster the Bear running round after it. Anyway before the match, I was in the toilets when in walked Bill Arthur. Needless to say I didn't stop around to shake hands with him.

Funny you should mention toilets, it's a place I have spotted many an RL type celeb.

First encounter was a Wides vs Kangaroos in 1982, half time pee and in walked Mal Meninga & Peter Sterling

Once out for a work related meal in Le Frog, Wigan and on the next table was a group of Wigan players and family celebrating Terry O'connor's birthday. In the bog on this occation saw Adrian Lam.

Last year at half time in a game at the DW spotted Lockers.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

You should have chinned him! ;)

I did consider it, but I had a suit on and I didn't want to crease it.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

I went out with a very posh girl once and being a romantic I took her to the rugby league game in Halifax (I bought her beer at half time and everything).

I introduced her to Stevo to her after the game and Stevo to her. Whether it was the cut glass accent or the pretty face, big boobs, blonde hair combo, I do not know, but he was a man transformed into a far more genteel self.

When we were at the pub watching the rugby league (probably the next date) in Oxford a few weeks later, she was suddenly amazed and remarked, "Gosh, there's Michael!". Apparently, even his immediate family call him Stevo.

Who says romance is dead.

Question does she like gravy on her fish chips n mushy peas ?

I did once see the worlds tallest man Graeme West outside a pie shop in Warrington. I've also seen Eddie Hemmings, Tony Smith and James Lowes in Tescos in Warrington. Not all at the same time though. Michael Sullivan used to frequent the bookmakers 2 minutes walk round the corner from us. That's the same Michael Sullivan who joined Warrington after running up big gambling debts back home in Oz.

My wife swears she was in a taxi driven by Kevin Tamati many a year ago. Mind you, my wife claims to have thrown a stone at Fred Lindop after a particularly bad display of unbiased refereeing. It must have been a good 20 years ago, and she was only young at the time, honest guv.

Mark Hilton used to come to visit a man up our street who used to train Warrington, pre-Super League. They were as fit as a fiddle in them days. Not much cop with ball in hand, but fit as a fiddle...

I did once see the worlds tallest man Graeme West outside a pie shop in Warrington. I've also seen Eddie Hemmings, Tony Smith and James Lowes in Tescos in Warrington. Not all at the same time though. Michael Sullivan used to frequent the bookmakers 2 minutes walk round the corner from us. That's the same Michael Sullivan who joined Warrington after running up big gambling debts back home in Oz.

My wife swears she was in a taxi driven by Kevin Tamati many a year ago. Mind you, my wife claims to have thrown a stone at Fred Lindop after a particularly bad display of unbiased refereeing. It must have been a good 20 years ago, and she was only young at the time, honest guv.

Mark Hilton used to come to visit a man up our street who used to train Warrington, pre-Super League. They were as fit as a fiddle in them days. Not much cop with ball in hand, but fit as a fiddle...

Big Kev was a taxi driver, he's now back in NZ.

Who says romance is dead.

Question does she like gravy on her fish chips n mushy peas ?

She did not believe there were people who really had chips and gravy. She was quite taken aback when I took her on a tour of the North. She assumed everyone would have cheese or cheese and mayo on their chips like in Oxford.

I also took her to Knowsley Road to watch Saints beat Wire again, but this time without any celebrity glamour.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Me and my kids saw Stuart Fielden in costas in Harrogate, my 8 year old went and asked him for his autograph,"who shall i sign it to" he asked, "Mason" replied my lad, the look on Fieldens face was a picture :lol:

:D First class!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Funny you should mention toilets, it's a place I have spotted many an RL type celeb.

First encounter was a Wides vs Kangaroos in 1982, half time pee and in walked Mal Meninga & Peter Sterling

Once out for a work related meal in Le Frog, Wigan and on the next table was a group of Wigan players and family celebrating Terry O'connor's birthday. In the bog on this occation saw Adrian Lam.

Last year at half time in a game at the DW spotted Lockers.

:rolleyes: Riiiiight. That's a little creepy.

Saying that, everybody pee's.

'The Special One' doing his weekly shopping at Tesco!

Beat that!!!! :D

Adolfandmrspuds.jpg

Come on then Wendall...we need to know for certain if it's you mate. :huh:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)