Stewards

Rob Hemmi

Haven4ever - you are missing the point.

:rolleyes:

Rovers 83 was quoting a member of the Cumbria police force!!!!! That's what was said to us by the police when we asked why they were there!!!!! :rolleyes:

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Let me guess....big fella, shaven headed, got a tattoo on his neck? He was the clown that almost quite literally threw myself and a couple of other Leythers out of the ground at their place earlier in the season (after the game I might add, as if we'd be going anywhere other than out of the ground?!).

From what we were told at the time, he is an ex-bouncer who is banned from doing the doors these days so 'works' at the rugby for his fix of pushing and shoving.

If this is true, he is breaking the law and can be prosecuted as he is working on a suspended licence. Haven can also be prosecuted for allowing him to work with it and not checking correctly as it is their responsibility to check as well.

If anyone wanted to make a complaint of assault, they should contact the police and they have to check this information and follow up accordingly!!!!

Did anyone get his full name? If so you can check his licence status on the SIA website, and report his actions as well.

Edited by sidnee

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Let me guess....big fella, shaven headed, got a tattoo on his neck? He was the clown that almost quite literally threw myself and a couple of other Leythers out of the ground at their place earlier in the season (after the game I might add, as if we'd be going anywhere other than out of the ground?!).

From what we were told at the time, he is an ex-bouncer who is banned from doing the doors these days so 'works' at the rugby for his fix of pushing and shoving.

I can comfirm that the said fella was on a door on sat night in the town an he didnt have an armband on then.....it was a quietish pub, not many in...infact we heard his female door partner say she was bored cos there was no one in to throw out......I did have a chat with him before it all kicked off when he was getting a bit jumpy, all his concern then was any swearing in the songs as it was a 'family orientated clubhouse'.........as a sidenote......Mr Hewer was in the town sat night, ten sheets to the wind and even had his pants down in one pub.....just goes to show he's only human eh :D

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

I can comfirm that the said fella was on a door on sat night in the town an he didnt have an armband on then.....it was a quietish pub, not many in...infact we heard his female door partner say she was bored cos there was no one in to throw out......I did have a chat with him before it all kicked off when he was getting a bit jumpy, all his concern then was any swearing in the songs as it was a 'family orientated clubhouse'.........as a sidenote......Mr Hewer was in the town sat night, ten sheets to the wind and even had his pants down in one pub.....just goes to show he's only human eh :D

is he human?

or is he ROVERS!

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

I have sent a letter by e-mail today to the chairman of Whitehaven and await a response. When I get one I will let you know the outcome.

I'm still waiting following the Leythers visit. I did get a reply from the RFL though stating they were investigating.

Here we go again .....

I think it's only fair for me to give the Whitehaven chairman the right to reply but other options are available should it be necessary if no reply is forthcoming.

Dick Raaz (chairman) is an American, so expect some Bull excretia in reply, even the Radio Cumbria commentator is connected to the club and he thought nearly all our trys were dubious. It is sad when these things happen especially as I always enjoyed visits to Cumbria. Behaviour such as this will allienate visiting fans and isolate the professional teams even more.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Dick Raaz (chairman) is an American, so expect some Bull excretia in reply, even the Radio Cumbria commentator is connected to the club and he thought nearly all our trys were dubious. It is sad when these things happen especially as I always enjoyed visits to Cumbria. Behaviour such as this will allienate visiting fans and isolate the professional teams even more.

By any chance does anyone know where we can find the match 'replayed' on the radio? was trying to get it Sunday but couldn't get Radio Cumbria inside the Whitehaven ground for some reason :huh: Always a laugh listening to that attempt at commentary.

Cummins Out.

By any chance does anyone know where we can find the match 'replayed' on the radio? was trying to get it Sunday but couldn't get Radio Cumbria inside the Whitehaven ground for some reason :huh: Always a laugh listening to that attempt at commentary.

Don't bother Matt. It was just awful. Obviously it's hard for the "home" commentator when the side is getting drubbed 48 zip, but the bloke sounded utterly and totally disinterested (from the kick-off). He couldn't and didnt name many of the Rovers try scorers (basic info for listeners) and his dreary voice made me want to switch off even though I was mad keen for the result.

He's a bit disgraceful to be honest and needs to have a look at himself professionally. Taking money off the BBC (I'll assume he was paid money rather than the soggy beer mats he deserved) for that kind of performance is not on.

Don't bother Matt. It was just awful. Obviously it's hard for the "home" commentator when the side is getting drubbed 48 zip, but the bloke sounded utterly and totally disinterested (from the kick-off). He couldn't and didnt name many of the Rovers try scorers (basic info for listeners) and his dreary voice made me want to switch off even though I was mad keen for the result.

He's a bit disgraceful to be honest and needs to have a look at himself professionally. Taking money off the BBC (I'll assume he was paid money rather than the soggy beer mats he deserved) for that kind of performance is not on.

I know, its beautiful to listen to though when you're 48-0 up. :P How many were forward? and ill guess that both Zaks tries were offside and Finn knocked on, and Briggs blatantly hand balled it.

Cummins Out.

I know, its beautiful to listen to though when you're 48-0 up. :P How many were forward? and ill guess that both Zaks tries were offside and Finn knocked on, and Briggs blatantly hand balled it.

It wasn't just that mate. The laughable one-sidedness is par for the course on local radio, they don't know the opposition players, they ###### on about the ref and the injustice of it all.

This bloke had just gone. He was broken. He was commentating on his own funeral. "Three more tries for Featherstone since you were last with us, but I just don't give a toss anymore so Im not even going to bother telling you about them. Back to the Workington game".

Like I say, if he was actually paid for that, then he's stealing from the license payers.

It wasn't just that mate. The laughable one-sidedness is par for the course on local radio, they don't know the opposition players, they ###### on about the ref and the injustice of it all.

This bloke had just gone. He was broken. He was commentating on his own funeral. "Three more tries for Featherstone since you were last with us, but I just don't give a toss anymore so Im not even going to bother telling you about them. Back to the Workington game".

Like I say, if he was actually paid for that, then he's stealing from the license payers.

'Bout time he was looking for a new job then.

Cummins Out.

This post has just appeared on the Haven website

'Security personnel informed two Board members of the incident. Letters have been drafted (and may have already been sent) to both the fan and Featherstone Club. Instructions have been given by the Board to also forward the fan a Whitehaven Shirt.

Any action taken against the individual who was the catalyst for this event will be pending further meeting and investigation by the Board.'

If this is true then Haven deserve credit for their prompt action. I don't expect them to tell us what action is taken against the doorman, that is an internal issue.

Also on the Haven fans site some of them were/ are arranging a collection to buy a new shirt, not sure if it's a Haven or Fev shirt but their supporters deserve a lot of credit for their act of generosity.

well done haven

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe