Latst BARB figures

Latest figures for last weekend's games:

Hull v Hull KR - SS2, Thurs - 151k (1st for the week)

Wigan v Wire - SS1, Fri - 167k (3rd for the week)

NR Cup Final - SS3, Sun - 76k (2nd for the week)

Seems very low, although they are some of the top figures for each channel.

Looking last year, the game on the 24th of July was Wigan v Leeds in their last 'Big One' and that got 133k, so it does appear that this is a seasonal dip.

Must admit I thought the Wigan v Wire game would have got a higher figure, especially with the 3D novelty. I hope it doesn't put Sky off making the effort.

Latest figures for last weekend's games:

Hull v Hull KR - SS2, Thurs - 151k (1st for the week)

Wigan v Wire - SS1, Fri - 167k (3rd for the week)

NR Cup Final - SS3, Sun - 76k (2nd for the week)

Seems very low, although they are some of the top figures for each channel.

Looking last year, the game on the 24th of July was Wigan v Leeds in their last 'Big One' and that got 133k, so it does appear that this is a seasonal dip.

Must admit I thought the Wigan v Wire game would have got a higher figure, especially with the 3D novelty. I hope it doesn't put Sky off making the effort.

I watched an advert for Sky this evening. Eric Cantona was flogging cricket, tennis (US Open) cricket, golf and soccer. No mention of RL. Perhaps if they included the game in their publicity they might get a larger audience.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I watched an advert for Sky this evening. Eric Cantona was flogging cricket, tennis (US Open) cricket, golf and soccer. No mention of RL. Perhaps if they included the game in their publicity they might get a larger audience.

I read a match report of Wigan v Warrington in one of Murdoch's papers, it was a side bar article on a page mostly given over to 2 foreign union teams.

I read a match report of Wigan v Warrington in one of Murdoch's papers, it was a side bar article on a page mostly given over to 2 foreign union teams.
Well that's only natural considering the game got more viewers than both SL games that week. Oh...no. :angry:

^Clearly Super League always gets higher TV viewers than the GP, so can someone total up the numbers for each?

It would probably end up showing that double the amount of people nationwide watch Super League as opposed to the GP, and could be a good bargaining tool for future deals, and press coverage.

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

lets hope the RFL are smart enough to insist on a certain amount of exposure for RL on the sky channels when negotiating the next contract. And not just sky sports, all the sky channels.. should include appearances by players on sky produced entertainment shows etc.. but also efinately something in the contract that RL should appear in a high percentage of sky sports 'monthly' adverts and promotions..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

should include appearances by players on sky produced entertainment shows etc..

Yeah - get Stevo on Pineapple Dance Studios.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

^Clearly Super League always gets higher TV viewers than the GP, so can someone total up the numbers for each?

It would probably end up showing that double the amount of people nationwide watch Super League as opposed to the GP, and could be a good bargaining tool for future deals, and press coverage.

It wouldn't make any difference - Sky are fully aware of the viewing figures as are the newspapers - Sky aren't interested in RL, they prefer the sport they call "rugby" - the papers generally don't give a toss about RL at all.

Unless you subscribe to BARB, you can only access limited information; in this case, it is just the top ten ranking programmes.

Which is why there isn't much data for the Guinness Premiership. :D

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Unless you subscribe to BARB, you can only access limited information; in this case, it is just the top ten ranking programmes.

Which is why there isn't much data for the Guinness Premiership. :D

Would it not be in the RFLs interest to do so prior to the next round of negotiations in order to have as much bargaining power in their armoury as posible?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Would it not be in the RFLs interest to do so prior to the next round of negotiations in order to have as much bargaining power in their armoury as posible?

Do what? Show Sky how many people watch on Sky?

Do what? Show Sky how many people watch on Sky?

Well it would be better to go in an least appearing to know what you're talking about. :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Well it would be better to go in an least appearing to know what you're talking about. :dry:

I am sure they do, the RFL will have a media agency who collate the figures from the full BARB data - I doubt it makes much difference.