Magic Weekend when its hot!

August

Heritage Round - Teams play in old kits

Sept/Oct

Play offs

Grand Final

Oct/Nov

International Series

Some good ideas, especially the Goodison & Elland Road ideas.

Not so sure on the Heritage Round with the old kits, most teams play in their original kits anyway, such as Saints, Hull KR, Wigan, Wakefield....

Cummins Out.

Some good ideas, especially the Goodison & Elland Road ideas.

Not so sure on the Heritage Round with the old kits, most teams play in their original kits anyway, such as Saints, Hull KR, Wigan, Wakefield....

Check Saints website, their original shirt is blue and brown.

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

I like the idea of the double-headers but if you want people to sit for 4hours plus ellend rd & goodison may be the wrong choices. Problem is the other local clubs with grounds big enough wouldn't exactly rush to help as they don't need the cash. City of Manchester would be great but they won't want us, and the nearest comparable ground on the east coast would be sunderland or Newcastle

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

i think double headers are great but need to be in marquee stadia.. not just good football grounds..

why are we doing the double headers?.. to make an impact with fans, or with the press?.. or both? i dont think either would be achieved at the venues mentioned.. and we'd also need to find a way of keeping everyone in their seats.. maybe closing the doors 15 mins after the first kick-off and only opening them 15mins from the end of the second game.. might prove annoying to some.. but defeats the object if fans are gonna ###### off (as they do at teh magic weekend) when they're team has finished playing.

i do agree the season does need a bit of a freshen up, and think the inclusion of the heritage rounds and rivarly rounds ideas would help do that..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Hope you dont mind but gonna be devils advocate a bit on this and pick a few holes..

Feb

Double Headers to kick of SL with a bang

Goodison Park

Saints v Wire

Wigan v Salford

Elland Rd

Leeds v Bradford

Castleford v Huddersfield

great idea but how are the football clubs going to feel using the satdiums in one of hte busier periods of their season when the pitch is normally at its worst with poor weather only just finnishing and the fear of it being churned up by 2 games on the weeknd.. plus all the teams chosen need to be away etc.. plus its very cold to be sitting around for 2 matches.. one issue IMO withhe magic weekend in edinburgh in may was it wastoo cold

March

Challenge Cup Starts

April

Big Derbys over Easter

May

Challenge Cup Final

IIRC one of the reason for the move to August was to avoid the FA cup final and play offs..

also if it starts in May then the first round and prelim rounds would need to be played much earlier which puts some of the amateur clubs at a disadvantage.. the summer ones.. becuase it is outside of their season but right slap bang in the iddle of the winter clubs.. with the possible move of all amateur comps to the summer then you wont be able to start these rounds in jan/feb whih you would need to do..

June

Mid Season Tests v France and Overseas All Stars

July

Magic Weekend when its hot!

one of hte bonuses at the moment is that it is on a bank holiay weekend so you can get away with going for all of the 2 days and not hae to race home on the sunday for family/go to work on monday morning.. it gives you the extra day for family time (which is very useful to use as a bargaining tool) to get home, to have in mgic city with the family etc.. would it be so good to have on a weekend without the bank holiday?

August

Heritage Round - Teams play in old kits

Sept/Oct

Play offs

Grand Final

Oct/Nov

International Series

i love the idea of themed rounds i think it is great in australia and i agree it needs a refresh just thouh i would chuck some of the spanners in that will get thrown in by all sorts of people when they start thinking about these types of things.

i think double headers are great but need to be in marquee stadia.. not just good football grounds..

why are we doing the double headers?.. to make an impact with fans, or with the press?.. or both? i dont think either would be achieved at the venues mentioned.. and we'd also need to find a way of keeping everyone in their seats.. maybe closing the doors 15 mins after the first kick-off and only opening them 15mins from the end of the second game.. might prove annoying to some.. but defeats the object if fans are gonna ###### off (as they do at teh magic weekend) when they're team has finished playing.

i do agree the season does need a bit of a freshen up, and think the inclusion of the heritage rounds and rivarly rounds ideas would help do that..

A lock in! :lol: That'll keep em watching rugby league!

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

The season is going well. Let's give it time to settle into a fixed calendar for a change.

I'd like to see the Magic Weekend be a heritage round and i'd explore the double header for the season starter but that's about it.

Let's give it time to settle into a fixed calendar for a change.

Agreed.

I would like to see the Challenge Cup more evenly spread throughout the season though.

And obviously I campaign for a Heritage Round every time it gets mentioned.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Start the season with a full weekend of fixtures - if any can be staged in football grounds or as double headers, then bonus, but it used to work well when you would have a repeat of the Grand Final to kick the season off.

Move the CC semi finals 3 or 4 weeks earlier. It is ridiculous that people only have a couple of weeks to sort out tickets and transport when we have had such a big gap since the last round.

Heritage for Magic Weekend (to be staged at end of May Bank Holiday)

Double headers in January/February I aren't too sure about. Too cold, and it's the main part of the football season so we'll struggle to get grounds.

If we're going to restructure the season, I'd like to see it come in the season we have the new franchises.

What about double headers at Easter?

Thursday - Hull FC vs Hull KR.

Friday Afternoon - Leeds vs Bradford and Huddersfield vs Cas/Wakey/Salford (whoever is left after 2012) at Elland Road

Friday Evening - Saints vs Wigan and Widnes vs Warrington at Anfield.

Would love to see England vs France and Wales as we have now (during regular SL round), as well as England vs ANZACs on a free weekend.

Magic Weekend at Newcastle on the 2nd BH Weekend in May.

Challenge Cup semis a double header.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

So do clubs lose one home game against their biggest rival or is this another game to add to the fixture list?

Replaces some clubs' home fixtures. Probably Leeds and closest team to Elland Road out of Hudds/Wakey/Cas (whoever plays that game) and Saints and Widnes at Anfield (as they are both plastic scousers!).

A full round of fixtures to start off the season, doesn't matter where.

An absolute must. And I can't believe it hasn't happened for 5 years.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Replaces some clubs' home fixtures. Probably Leeds and closest team to Elland Road out of Hudds/Wakey/Cas (whoever plays that game) and Saints and Widnes at Anfield (as they are both plastic scousers!).

I can't see The Dark Lord Hetherington going for that one. The special relationship would mean Odsal would miss out on the home fixture every year, and we can't afford to lose that kind of money! Even if it is from dirty Leeds chavs... ;):P

I can't see The Dark Lord Hetherington going for that one. The special relationship would mean Odsal would miss out on the home fixture every year, and we can't afford to lose that kind of money! Even if it is from dirty Leeds chavs... ;):P

You losers need all the money you can get, nobody from Bradford is watching that dross play :P

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

The only thing I'd change is evening out the challenge cup rounds so the final was around June and use heritage kits, I think if the magic weekend is kept then it should be in conjunction with a charity to promote the charity but not necessarily having special kits after all it's all extra costs for us, the supporters of the teams.

The only thing I'd change is evening out the challenge cup rounds so the final was around June and use heritage kits, I think if the magic weekend is kept then it should be in conjunction with a charity to promote the charity but not necessarily having special kits after all it's all extra costs for us, the supporters of the teams.

The only thing is with the Cup being on the Beeb, and arguably to a larger audience, having a third or even fourth kit might not help with brand awareness.

Great idea, esp the charity part.

The only thing is with the Cup being on the Beeb, and arguably to a larger audience, having a third or even fourth kit might not help with brand awareness.

If the kits were "old style"I'm sure most people would recognise them, after all, most of the colours are the same , even if the designs are different.

If the kits were "old style"I'm sure most people would recognise them, after all, most of the colours are the same , even if the designs are different.

Except the Cup is a free for all. Wigan vs Leigh, etc.

I agree with it, but I just think it may cause some confusion. I mean Bulls at Wembley had an all yellow kit, nice, and I liked the idea, but some might not think it Bradford.