Restructuring the season

Except the Cup is a free for all. Wigan vs Leigh, etc.

I agree with it, but I just think it may cause some confusion. I mean Bulls at Wembley had an all yellow kit, nice, and I liked the idea, but some might not think it Bradford.

For heritage though would it be Bulls or Bradford Northern?

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

The only thing I'd change is evening out the challenge cup rounds so the final was around June and use heritage kits, I think if the magic weekend is kept then it should be in conjunction with a charity to promote the charity but not necessarily having special kits after all it's all extra costs for us, the supporters of the teams.

Problem with heritage kits for the Cup is that you don't know who you will get in the draw and you may not get to wear it because of colour clashes.

Magic Weekend allows you to sort your kit accordingly as the draw is made prior to the start of the season.

Problem with heritage kits for the Cup is that you don't know who you will get in the draw and you may not get to wear it because of colour clashes.

Magic Weekend allows you to sort your kit accordingly as the draw is made prior to the start of the season.

:dry: Damn you and your clear way of speaking. That was my point.

Edit: ... as well as what I meant about the Heritage kit being maybe too classic compared to current ones, and detracting away from the team in question.

Edited by hindle xiii

:dry: Damn you and your clear way of speaking. That was my point.

Edit: ... as well as what I meant about the Heritage kit being maybe too classic compared to current ones, and detracting away from the team in question.

:D I actually thought you may have been getting at the when you said about third or fourth choice, but then the lack of recognition point threw me off track!

The CC needs something to lift it though, it has years of history and is now overshadowed by SL, should that be allowed to happen?

What was wrong with Morley and Briers lifting it??? ;):P

terrywebbisgod, Agree 100%, the CC for me is what RL as kid was all about, knock out games, passion, pride and the prize of a Wembley visit.

I blame SKY for the CC being overshadowed. Gutted.

Edited by 1976PMJwires

What was wrong with Morley and Briers lifting it??? ;):P

terrywebbisgod, Agree 100%, the CC for me is what RL as kid was all about, knock games, passion, pride and the prize of a Wembley visit.

I blame SKY for the CC being overshadowed. Gutted.

That's exactly what was wrong with it.

Footballers still talk of the "magic of the FA cup", SL players just seem to be interested in GF rings, my ambition was to play in a CC final at wembley, as I 'm sure it was to most people who follow RL.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

That's exactly what was wrong with it.

Footballers still talk of the "magic of the FA cup", SL players just seem to be interested in GF rings, my ambition was to play in a CC final at wembley, as I 'm sure it was to most people who follow RL.

Agree all the way.

when i was playing rugby it was every school boys dream to play at wembley.

I think the CC lost its glamour when the finals were played all over the place.

Football, all games went to Cardiff.....just a thought.

To me the CC is a secondary comp to the SL. I think most players and coaches would rather win the latter although im not sure about the fans? One way to improve the Challeng cup would maybe be to have the winners play off against the GF winners for a place in the WCC? ALthough personally id like to see the minor premiers play for the WCC to put a greater emphasis on winning the league, although of course the GF winners would be deemed champs. Sorry to go off a topic a bit but it kind of all ties in together.

Challenge Cup final sometime in July, why does it have to be on a Bank Holiday weekend? The other year it wasn't. Cup games held at more regular intervals.

Magic weekend is a Heritage round, with some kind of random draw...

i'm not sure i would have magic weekend as the heritage round.. but only IF the idea is to get new people interested and give them soemthing recognisable.. otherwise it is the perfect time to do something novel.. IF it is for new people then i thikn they need to be in their kits so these new people know what is going on and whoe they are supporting.. IF it is about a great weekend away for the Rugby League fans (which i think it should be now) then heritage is great and novel and makes it a bit different..

i would love to see a rivalry round brought in.. and try to theme more rounds.