1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds
    • Wigan
    • Draw

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a cracker, and whilst Wigan look pretty safe at the top, it'd be nice to see Leeds win and throw the gauntlet down for the playoffs.

That said, this could put Leeds only 3 pts behind us, and with the Semi as a distraction, it could make things very tense, so I'd also be pretty happy with a Wigan win!

Can't lose really. Until Saturday!

This isn't do or die for either team now.

I was interested to read that Leeds have a full team out. Given the importance of the semi final the week after, and that Leeds should make 4th win or lose, I am puzzled by that, as I would have thought if ever there was a chance to rest players it would be Friday. Each team that has beaten Wigan this year has lost 1 of their next 2 games, which suggests to me that beating us takes a lot out of a team.

Really looking forward to the game, and hoping it is relatively dry. Wigan looked much better balanced with Deacon at 7 and Sam alternating between 1 and 6, and with 4 props to take on the battle up front.

Leeds are a classy club and a classy team, and are a better team than Wigan, so would ordinarily win. Given the proximity of the semi I think Wigan will win. If Leeds do win they will need to put a lot in and they are likely to suffer next week.

I was interested to read that Leeds have a full team out. Given the importance of the semi final the week after, and that Leeds should make 4th win or lose, I am puzzled by that, as I would have thought if ever there was a chance to rest players it would be Friday.

Leeds rested a few last week against Salford

EDIT: Also, Leeds beat Wigan in the CC and won the next 2 games

Edited by brooza

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Thanks for the correction. I only had the SL fixture list to hand. If any team are good enough to win every game, it's Leeds.

Unless your stats only work when talking about the same competition, as we haven't won the following 2 CC matches (yet)

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Actually, thinking about it, this match and the Wire/Saints match could well end up being a preview of the first week of the playoffs

wigan by 2 in a real battle with both teams kicking for goal at every opertunity comes down to whos the best goal kicker sinfield or richards

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten how dire that CC match was.

Funny one to call, this one, Wigan have the league won, so can afford to pace themselves, can Leeds realisticly catch Wolves ? and will be tempted to keep a bit back, The thing is will the desire to beat each other overcome all this, I dont know , I will go for a draw.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

These games have produced so many classics over the years that it may be asking too much to hope for another. Leeds are a better side, and so if they play to their full potential Wigan will lose. One thing which may tip the balance Wigan's way is having Wane in charge again after MM's sad family bereavement. He is likely to get the boys fired up, and as we have a week off we need hold nothing back. So looking forward to this - let's invoke the spirit of Brian Carney and win against the odds.

These games have produced so many classics over the years that it may be asking too much to hope for another. Leeds are a better side, and so if they play to their full potential Wigan will lose. One thing which may tip the balance Wigan's way is having Wane in charge again after MM's sad family bereavement. He is likely to get the boys fired up, and as we have a week off we need hold nothing back. So looking forward to this - let's invoke the spirit of Brian Carney and win against the odds.
These games are always some of my favourites each year, they always have a good atmosphere and a big match feel to them.

Think the semi final the week after will be crucial and does give Wigan the edge...

Having seen Leeds' squad and read their views on the game it seems as if they intend to play full throttle. Wigan will have to be at their very best to live with them. I hope it's dry so we get to see the best of both teams. It has all the ingredients of a classic.

Leeds by some distance.

Wigan will have nothing left in the tank after that bruising, gruelling effort at the KC last week.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Just about to set off and it's steady drizzle. If it stays wet leeds by 8 points, if it dries up wigan to win. Anyhow i'm off to the supermarkets around headingley to buy all the sandwich boxes now, to stop the likes of hannibal getting his hands on them :P

Just about to set off and it's steady drizzle. If it stays wet leeds by 8 points, if it dries up wigan to win. Anyhow i'm off to the supermarkets around headingley to buy all the sandwich boxes now, to stop the likes of hannibal getting his hands on them :P

:lol:

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Hanners hasn't got a lunch box :P , he stuffs a sock down ;);)

Wigan are 6/4 outright, very tempting odds if I may say so.

With the downpour in progress, this will be just as tight as the Leeds 12-10 Wigan cup game.

Possession will be at a premium.

Wigan by six.

I'm still on the train coming back home from London. :( Thankfully we have Sky+, so will be logging off here shortly so as not to catch any spoilers. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

2 teams with winning form.

Leeds will want to go into their big semi still on a roll.

I think home advantage to help them shade a classic by 4-9 points.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010