Harlequins RL v Hull FC

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Harlequins
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

I know, still finding it hard to believe we are 4th. Its sounds as if O'Merely and Fitzgibbon made the difference with Danny Houghten once again outstanding.

I have to say your Aussies were the difference. Quins just didn't have the experience. Pretty amazing that the Quine now field just 1 or 2 overseas players. If only some of the heartlands teams followed our lead, we might offer a bit more internationally (not meant to be a dig at Hull, just very impressed with what the Quins are doing)

I have to say your Aussies were the difference. Quins just didn't have the experience. Pretty amazing that the Quine now field just 1 or 2 overseas players. If only some of the heartlands teams followed our lead, we might offer a bit more internationally (not meant to be a dig at Hull, just very impressed with what the Quins are doing)

Not necessarily. You yourself have just said they lacked the experience. Sometimes you need these imports in to lend experience to those around them to aid their development.

Take away all the experienced Aussies and we'd have a much worse England team. That doesn't mean I think we should fill SL with imports either. There just needs to be a good balance.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Will Sharpe goes 70 metres to score

Lets hope he does that next year ;)

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Agree. keep up the good work on junior development Quins RL.

That game was odd. Hull were definitely the better side, but I think the score flattered them a bit - there was this part of the 1st half (just after Quins blew a long range effort) where they everything they did came off and everything Quins did fell flat. Hull won because they completely won the physical battle in the 1st half, getting the better of every collision. Quins' timing wasn't right either, I can't recall the last time I saw a team throw so many hospital passes.

I know, still finding it hard to believe we are 4th. Its sounds as if O'Merely and Fitzgibbon made the difference with Danny Houghten once again outstanding.

Ah well, I'm sure it won't be long before one of our fellow Hull fans comes along to tell us we're in a false position 24 games into a 27 game season.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Ah well, I'm sure it won't be long before one of our fellow Hull fans comes along to tell us we're in a false position 24 games into a 27 game season.

Ouch' I felt that...You've got to admit though, after our two meetings with Leeds this year, in the league and cup, it's difficult to work out how we're above them in the ladder. Maybe the last game of the weekly rounds at the KC will prove the league table doesn't lie. I certainly hope so.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Ouch' I felt that...You've got to admit though, after our two meetings with Leeds this year, in the league and cup, it's difficult to work out how we're above them in the ladder. Maybe the last game of the weekly rounds at the KC will prove the league table doesn't lie. I certainly hope so.

If we can get long back for the last game and have fitzgibbon and o' meley on the pitch we will have a good chance of beating leeds.

I agree. When they battered us I thought their season was really going to take off and they would have left us for dead on the league ladder by now. Looking back, I think we read too much into those games.

I take the point that we're above Leeds because they've continued to misfire, but that's their problem. They haven't been good enough.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Sorry I'm late. :lol:

Other results have gone in our favour... yadda yadda yadda...

That was FC's last win of the season though.

Edited by Mistress_Marlowe

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

Sorry I'm late. :lol:

Other results have gone in our favour... yadda yadda yadda...

That was FC's last win of the season though.

All right I'll let you off :D

I think we'll win at least two of the last three games.

All right I'll let you off :D

I think we'll win at least two of the last three games.

We need a Wire vs Leeds cup final for that to happen, with Wire likly to rest players before the final and Leeds to take a bit of a physical beating from Wire in the final before we play them.

After the Crusaders win over the weekend, im not too confident on a win in that one now, even tho we should win given our home form this season.

dexterue2.png

even tho we should win given our home form this season.

[Doom and gloom mode]How many points did we score last time out?[/Doom and gloom mode] :P

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)