Which clubs are most at risk of losing their licences?

Who's off to NL1?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Pick 2 :)

• Catalans
    • Castleford
    • Crusaders
    • Quins RL
    • Huddersfield
    • Hull KR
    • Salford
    • Wakefield
    • Bradford - lolz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah other than you there's noone really suitable to move up. Maybe Halifax at a push.

What makes a club suitable Bowes? If they can pull in 5k crowds for a division where you have no guarantee whether your results will get you up? Fans won't by that - ever.

That means that clubs in NL1 are forever to be on the backfoot crowd wise

Wakefield are in deep trouble IMO. They have pulled the wool over the RFL's eyes for the past decade (e.g. Oakwell, Denby Dale Road, Thornes Park, that John bloke who wanted to sign Dallaglio and then it went t*ts up). If they are to have any hope of staying in SL I think that full planning persmission and full CONSTRUCTION (not the old chestnut of site clearance) needs to be in place.

Anyone who knows about big projects will know the hoops the stadium has to go through in order to simply get past the planning stage. Can it be done by next spring - I'm not sure.

I have a sinking feeling about Crusaders mainly based on our past form with expansion as a game and the rumours surrounding Brian Noble, linked to Worcestor if the papers are to be believed, whilst he has his critics I'd have thought they'd have been looking to keep him on as they build for the future if all was well.

What makes a club suitable Bowes? If they can pull in 5k crowds for a division where you have no guarantee whether your results will get you up? Fans won't by that - ever.

That means that clubs in NL1 are forever to be on the backfoot crowd wise

Well you'd meet criteria if you make the final this year, but I can't see why they'd chuck 2 clubs out for you unless 2 clubs hit financial trouble (not impossible) or more likely 3 with Halifax getting in. Barrow, Featherstone and Batley have no chance and everyone else will be ineligible

like many i think its cas and wakey that have the most to fear.. and id hate to see both famous old clubs go.. but think unless a second viable addition, other than widnes, comes to light, it will only be one club to drop out..

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Out of all the clubs Wakey have to be most worried really, and rightly so given their track record (and their recent refusal to groundshare with Cas)

Widnes are best placed to come up, and much as it pains me to see another club from the wrong side of the hills in SL, it might be for the best.

and much as it pains me to see another club from the wrong side of the hills in SL, it might be for the best.

Why is it that Yorkshire folk are so Tribal ?

Does it matter where a Team is based if they are strong enough ?

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

Why is it that Yorkshire folk are so Tribal ?

Does it matter where a Team is based if they are strong enough ?

Sorry to take a slight turn on your comment but seems it does matter if you're a club in the Championship. The fact that the majority are in or around the M62 is a dead loss for getting a SL licence.

I just wish your comment was true.

down the track if the bulls continue as they are, i can see halifax replacing them

the RFL will just pick off all the clubs with dud grounds, poor finances and replace them with stronger clubs

wakey and cas are the standouts.

after that even a club like bradford is at risk if they continue as they are

hopefully standards rise so all clubs have to keep improving to stay in sl

Teams earn one point if they are considered to have made a contribution to the competition - that means averaging a place in the top eight over each of the last three seasons

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

This just shows how daft this Franchise lark is. People have so many diiferent opinions yet you could twist facts to justify a team being in SL. Widnes for example are struggling to make the playoffs this year. They have not exactly set the place a light being in the championship. Yet off the field are well set up-probably more so than many SL clubs! You have Quins, Wakey,Cas, Salford and Crusaders who not much better tha Halifax, Barrow and Leigh and have had time to sort things out and done very little. Often they have had problems financially and the grounds are sadly no longer fit for the future of playing in SL. Its the main reason I hate this SL Franchise ###### as its very difficult to say why Crusaders, Quins, Salford, Wakey etc should be in over Halifax, Barrow and Leigh. All of the clubs mentioned are going to be also rans in SL. All are going to seriously struugle to spend the full cap. Some have decent grounds. Others have good academys. But the RFL will fit and twist things to have what they want. I am not sure that us good for the game though. And the biggest fear is that the Championship is just a place to slowly die for clubs who are not in SL.

They've been trying to exclude Wakey since the start of SL, and this time round I think they'll succeed. I'm suprised that more people haven't voted for Quins - if the rumours that David Hughes wants to reduce his financial input are true then we only tick the junior development and ground standard boxes.