Blackpool Panthers

deducted 10 points

not unexpected - and although I don't wish to speak badly of someone who has ill health - Bobby Hope strikes again

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I couldnt agree more, Mr Hope's business workings are dubious to say the least.

I do agree that we should have been punished for this, but im not impressed with the usual RFL small club bashing. 10 effing points? there is precedent to this, 6 point deductions! how the hell can these idiots on 230K a year have such double standards?

Im not saying in any way we shouldnt be punished, we have done wrong and should take punishment.

But im just sick to the back teeth of the RFLs one rule for one and one for another policy!

Any big club threatens the RFL with a solicitor , and they back down.

Pffft rant over

I couldnt agree more, Mr Hope's business workings are dubious to say the least.

I do agree that we should have been punished for this, but im not impressed with the usual RFL small club bashing. 10 effing points? there is precedent to this, 6 point deductions! how the hell can these idiots on 230K a year have such double standards?

Im not saying in any way we shouldnt be punished, we have done wrong and should take punishment.

But im just sick to the back teeth of the RFLs one rule for one and one for another policy!

Any big club threatens the RFL with a solicitor , and they back down.

Pffft rant over

Didnt Keighly get a 10 point deduction.

Not surprised by this news at all. The sudden influx of players set against the poor crowds, and presumably poor revenue, was always a bit suspect.

As for the 10 point deduction, well different teams seem to get different punishments. Is there a set rule on this which the RFL abide by, or do they just make it up as they go along?

I thought the 9 points Widnes et al got docked was the standard "going into admin" penalty, so let's not get our punishments crossed here, it clouds the issue.

From what I read on Sporting Life, this 10 point deduction (which is not being appealed against) relates to registration of players and salary cap issues, with 12 cases being investigated.

I can only assume that's 11 players with irregular registration details/files and an overall cap breach.

I think the fact the club has said (again on sporting life) they won't appeal says it all.

There had been murmurs on here all was not as it seemed, and the compliance team have upheld that view.

10 points is more than S/L teams have had historically, yes, though as a percentage over-cap, there's a very good chance Blackpool have set a new high.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I thought the 9 points Widnes et al got docked was the standard "going into admin" penalty, so let's not get our punishments crossed here, it clouds the issue.

From what I read on Sporting Life, this 10 point deduction (which is not being appealed against) relates to registration of players and salary cap issues, with 12 cases being investigated.

I can only assume that's 11 players with irregular registration details/files and an overall cap breach.

I think the fact the club has said (again on sporting life) they won't appeal says it all.

There had been murmurs on here all was not as it seemed, and the compliance team have upheld that view.

10 points is more than S/L teams have had historically, yes, though as a percentage over-cap, there's a very good chance Blackpool have set a new high.

Also salary cap points deductions got doubled a few years ago

Its all well and good, but the RFLs policy of having no actual polisy is what , frankly, pisses me off.

There should be set punishments and these should be publicised, like ive said, and i dont argue, we should be punished, as should any other clubs, but the nonchelant approach is what gripes me.

Incidently, the reasons behind the club not appealing, i suspect, are that the people currently in charge were not privvy to the ins and outs of previous owners activities.

Anyhow, 6th place, has anyone ever won the playoffs from there?

Its all well and good, but the RFLs policy of having no actual polisy is what , frankly, pisses me off.

There should be set punishments and these should be publicised, like ive said, and i dont argue, we should be punished, as should any other clubs, but the nonchelant approach is what gripes me.

Incidently, the reasons behind the club not appealing, i suspect, are that the people currently in charge were not privvy to the ins and outs of previous owners activities.

Not to my knowledge, but you'll be dangerous in the play offs. Please beat hunslet when you play them I could do Oldham finishing top, I don't want to go to a fourth grand final.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

The problem is that every offence is different. Blackpool's offence was different to Wigan's 'offence', which was different to St Helens' offence, which was different to Melbourne's offence.

Isn't it therefore right that they all get different punishments? Interestingly, NRL clubs have had different punishments over the years too.

How many cases do you think are absolutely identical? If two cases are subtly different, why should the RFL have rules that tie them into identical punishments. The decisions and rationale should be made public though, at least as far as can be done without causing problems for those players that haven't broken rules

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

I look forward to a Stupid League side getting a 16 point penalty (SL clubs have more league fixtures so this is approx equivalent) for a similar offence when it happens

Also if a Stupid League club got this penalty would they be immediately relegated or get stripped of franchise app points?

I look forward to a Stupid League side getting a 16 point penalty (SL clubs have more league fixtures so this is approx equivalent) for a similar offence when it happens

Also if a Stupid League club got this penalty would they be immediately relegated or get stripped of franchise app points?

You've made the offence and penalty up why don't you make up whether they'd be relegated or not.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Not sure why I bother replying to somebody who acts like a 7 year old, but here we go.

There are 60 points available for a Championship team, so a 10 point penalty is 17% of their possible points (equivalent to 3 wins and a bonus point).

There are 54 points available for a SL team, so a 9 point penalty is 17% of their possible points (equivalent to 4 wins and a draw).

Where do you get the 16 points from? I may have misunderstood the bonus points rule, but if anything that would make it more in favour of the SL clubs.

In terms of your last question, adhering to the cap was a point last time, so I assume it would be the same this time?

Have you enquired as to whether there is a policy or not or are you simply assuming there isn't one?

I do recall that the RFL did set out a number of tariffs last year that were largely ignored by most people as being boring. Penalties were also increased when applied during a season if I remember correctly.

I'm afraid that this is the last year that we will read the name Blackpool as a professional club.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The penalty is within that which the RFL can impose. The automatic penalty for breaching the cap by >10% is 6 points. The RFL can then impose a further penalty up to a maximum of another 6 points if it's proved that the club deliberately hid information or were uncooperative with any enquiry. So in effect Blackpool could theoretically have been docked 12 points.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

They cheated, they got caught, they got punished.

Rumours at the 9s were that they were going to be docked all their points, so this is a light rap in comparison. They were paying players sums that a club on 2000 fans would've struggled to meet, never mind 200.

It was doomed to fail one way or another; it was just a matter of when.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg