Quins RL move fixture because of a Union match

Fixture Change

Warrington Wolves' away fixture against Harlequins RL will now be played on Friday 3rd September, kick-off 8pm at Twickenham Stoop (originally Saturday 4th).

The rescheduling of this fixture follows police advice given to the Harlequins club. The original date would have clashed with the Premiership Rugby London Double Header at Twickenham Stadium, and could not go ahead for safety reasons.

Please note, as with all fixtures taking place on the final weekend of the season, this match is subject to SKY selection which will be made no later than August 22nd.

http://www.warringtonwolves.org/fixture-change-3585

So its clear now who wears the boots down in Twickers! :O

Fixture Change

Warrington Wolves' away fixture against Harlequins RL will now be played on Friday 3rd September, kick-off 8pm at Twickenham Stoop (originally Saturday 4th).

The rescheduling of this fixture follows police advice given to the Harlequins club. The original date would have clashed with the Premiership Rugby London Double Header at Twickenham Stadium, and could not go ahead for safety reasons.

Please note, as with all fixtures taking place on the final weekend of the season, this match is subject to SKY selection which will be made no later than August 22nd.

http://www.warringtonwolves.org/fixture-change-3585

So its clear now who wears the boots down in Twickers! :O

Yes... the Police!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

So its clear now who wears the boots down in Twickers!

You do understand that it's to avoid clashing with 50,000 people getting to and from Twickenham Stadium don't you?

Pleased with the change though - I should be able to make the game now. My second match of the season! :D

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yeah can understand why its being moved but if the boot was on the other foot do you think the RU mob would change dates?

I think they would if the police suggested it.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Yeah can understand why its being moved but if the boot was on the other foot do you think the RU mob would change dates?

They sort of have to if the police tell them to.

If the Challenge Cup final was on at Twickenham Stadium, Quins RU would not be playing at the Stoop.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

numbers dear boy... the big number wins over.. move a fixture affecting 50k or one affection best 6k?

as GJ said ifit were the challenge cup the RU would change..

I hope that the Wazza hordes will still come down to London (or they could stay for the week after the Cup Final). This could be a big game in deciding where they are going to finish.

IF and thats the IF Wire could take top spot, they'll take the numbers.

Otherwise a week after Wembley they'll be 1k at best. (Fingers crossed)

The Official Party Line on this is

Harlequins switch final home game to Friday night

Harlequins Rugby League announced today that their round 27 Engage Super League fixture against Warrington Wolves will now be played on Friday 3rd September (8pm KO) at the Twickenham Stoop.

Harlequins RL General Manager, Paul Blanchard explained:

"We have been aware for some time that we could not fulfil the fixture as originally planned and our options were the Friday evening, which was always our preference, or to take the game to an alternative venue and play either Saturday or Sunday.

"We were very keen to assess the feedback from our supporters, sponsors, players and staff about our first Friday night game which was overwhelmingly positive."

Harlequins RL head coach, Brian McDermott, added:

"There was a fantastic atmosphere at our first Friday night game which really helped lift the players. They are all looking forward to another exciting Friday night game when Warrington come to town."

But Ingerlund soccer are also playing that evening

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/match-ce...ulgaria-tickets

May I be the first to call for the postponement of the entire round of Super League on Friday 3 September Even uncle Rupert's magic SKY people will not cover a game that day but will instead have a couple of "filler sport" games played on the Saturday at 4.15 and 6.45

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

You do understand that it's to avoid clashing with 50,000 people getting to and from Twickenham Stadium don't you?

Pleased with the change though - I should be able to make the game now. My second match of the season! :D

Good for you.

I means I definitely can't, and it was going to be my first (depending on Wembley). :angry2:

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010