Rovers

49 members have voted

1. 1. ... Rovers

• Hull Kingston
    • Featherstone

I was in a pub once and overheard a conversation about Super League teams full of Aussies, ###### grounds and clubs over

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Who would that be Roy? :unsure:

Well, it wasn't Billy the Fish. He plays for Fulchester Rovers. B)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

i remember watching an old episode of citizen smith from the seventees and hull kingston rovers got a mention on there,so they are pretty famous

Fev got a mention most days on Radio one breakfast show to 8 million people every day not so long ago

Who would that be Roy? :unsure:

I'm taking the 5th under grounds that I might incriminate myself!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I would say Hull KR are possibly the most famous Rovers team, even more so than any soccer teams.

But ultimately it's the actual phrase 'It was real 'Roy of The Rovers stuff' that is probably more famouser.

So its possibly Melchester.

What rubbish, featherstone are way more famous, them lot cant even talk reyt

Featherstone Rowvers 'the' rovers feature in the paul routledge column in today's daily mirror

when did rervers last make it into the national press?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Well, it wasn't Billy the Fish. He plays for Fulchester Rovers. B)

[pedant mode]

Fulchester Utd, actually

[/pedant mode]

;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

[pedant mode]

Fulchester Utd, actually

[/pedant mode]

;)

I knew that. But it wouldn't have been relevant to the thread. Ahem!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Fev are quite famous, mainly from the Eddie Waring days but overall I would say Hull KR are a name most people of a certain age are aware of, even if they don't know much else.

Waring had been retired for three years when Fev beat Hull at Wembley in one of the biggest upsets for years in 1983. Hull were such hot favourites the bookies had stopped taking bets on them. Waring had been retired for twelve years when Bradford bought Newlove for a then world record transfer fee from Fev.

Waring had been retired for 15 years when Fev last appeared in a CC Semi final. Since then of course we've had dooper league with Fev excluded so their expoits are confined to the past.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.