Favourite RL experience

My mini-tour of treiziste-land last week. Carcassonne, Limoux, Perpignan (of course) and Toulouse. Special.

Travelling 7 hours on a coach from Brussels to watch Catalans-Saints at Wembley in 2007. Awesome day.

Wembley last year.

Tonga-NZ at Wilderspool.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

My mini-tour of treiziste-land last week. Carcassonne, Limoux, Perpignan (of course) and Toulouse. Special.

Travelling 7 hours on a coach from Brussels to watch Catalans-Saints at Wembley in 2007. Awesome day.

Wembley last year.

Tonga-NZ at Wilderspool.

Tonga - NZ, Yes indeed, one of the best games i've ever seen....Wow what a match.

Jeez, so many.

Far too numerous over the years, both as a low grade amateur player and fan of Wires, and TGG as a whole.

1 special moment came when I drove a minibusload to Wigan for the final test vs NZ.

1 lad, not a full tool box came along, and as the players trooped off at HT asked my very loudly how many more halves were there after this one....?

I felt 20,000 sympathetic eyes staring at me.

My first trip to Wembley (74), Greg's try at Wembley (90), the Sportman's Dinner when I bought "Dessie's shirt" and he then denied all knowledge of it, oh ffs I could ramble for hours here.

It's not the greatest game for nothing.... B)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

When Murphy robbed us :dry:

When Bobby Wanbon strolled to the blindside if a brawl and laid out Keith Bridges, and strolled back again.

He had the video when he owned my local, and we had a "private viewing" with locked doors, curtains closed, bar open.

Happy days.

The pub was the Howley.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Dozens of fantastic memories covering more than five decades but one of the best has to be 4th November 2006, Nobby's team kicking the Aussies' ***** at Aussie Stadium.

The Leon Pryce tribute song, 'I'd rather be in Blackpool than Bondi'

Singing 'we can see you sneaking out' when 12000 miles from home.

Got p*ss wet through and couldn't have cared less. Great night.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

Watching GB win in Melbourne, great night.

Widnes v Canberra

Beating Wakey at Odsal in the 1975 semi to make Wembley for my first visit.

Any game against Warrington in the seventies or eighties was usually memorable for something that went on on the pitch or off it, or both.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

1. Winning at wembley

2. Relegating widnes in their "tin potty" stadium by beating them 60-16 in 2005.

3. Winning 10-0 at Barrow in the cup in 2002. Came home and had to call the doctor out. Heating in the house on full,3 duvet's around me but still shivering. Made to stand in a red hot shower by the doc for 30 mins to try to stop hyperthermia(thanks barrow!).

Edited by Wilderspoolmemories

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Tonga-NZ at Wilderspool.

Good call. Hearing 8 thousand locals chanting 'Tonga! Tonga!' was outstanding, and again, gave a glimpse of what the game would be like if we had a true International game.

wembley 1975 beating wire,travelled to wembley on a wire coach total silence all the way home,and all the 30 odd widnes finals during my time of being a widnes fan.the 1989 widnes team was the most exciting team i ever saw play rugby league.

widnesvikings2-1.gif

WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB