The business end of the season.

Its all very well hammering Salford and getting all excited about beating a top 3 side, but for all the Wigan and Warrington fans getting all bigheaded, wetting their knickers and reckon their sides are becoming superstars overnight remember this:

You've won f-all until, October.

The Mickey Mouse Cup is nothing but a novelty distraction.

The Hubcap is something only Saints used to get excited by.

Until you've got to Old Trafford and beaten the best, you're nothing.

PS - Even then, you've 3 in a row to beat.

PHOTO_6267313_7691_3768222_ap_320X240.jpg

Its all very well hammering Salford and getting all excited about beating a top 3 side, but for all the Wigan and Warrington fans getting all bigheaded, wetting their knickers and reckon their sides are becoming superstars overnight remember this:

Did Leeds get beaten at home this evening by a team previously labelled as big game bottlers by any chance? and will all those injuries to blame it on as well ;)

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Did Leeds get beaten at home this evening by a team previously labelled as big game bottlers by any chance? and will all those injuries to blame it on as well ;)

Tonight matttered not one jot and certainly wasnt a 'big' game.

The tombola prize is already Wigan's - has been for weeks.

Lets see what happens when the push comes to the shove.

Edited by Northern Exposure

You really are trying too hard. :lol:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

What was interesting for me was that Leeds put so much into the game, picked their strongest side, talked up its significance, had a numerical advantage for reasons unclear to the rugby watching world....

... and still lost. That's 9 defeats and a draw already.

I thought that Leeds would walk away with everything this year, and had been discounting all their defeats because it was likely to be alright on the night, but they are just not all that. Not sure why a team should go off the boil so much and so quickly - maybe they just kept the same players together too long, but Saints could well blow them off the park next week, finishing 5th is a distinct possibility, and all of the other 3 best teams this year will relish playing them in the play offs.

Leeds' "stability", which has been such a strength, means that the group of players in decline will be together for another year. With so many of their core players with so many miles on the clock, those Leeds-Bradford games could be closer than I thought.

Last night was the business end of the season according to Leeds themselves. It wasn't even close enough to be tense in the end.

What was interesting for me was that Leeds put so much into the game, picked their strongest side, talked up its significance, had a numerical advantage for reasons unclear to the rugby watching world....

I thought that Leeds would walk away with everything this year, and had been discounting all their defeats because it was likely to be alright on the night, but they are just not all that. Not sure why a team should go off the boil so much and so quickly - maybe they just kept the same players together too long, but Saints could well blow them off the park next week, finishing 5th is a distinct possibility, and all of the other 3 best teams this year will relish playing them in the play offs.

Leeds' "stability", which has been such a strength, means that the group of players in decline will be together for another year. With so many of their core players with so many miles on the clock, those Leeds-Bradford games could be closer than I thought.

Last night was the business end of the season according to Leeds themselves. It wasn't even close enough to be tense in the end.

Well wrote and well put.

I didn't think about it such a way, but your right, Leeds / Bradford may actually be fighting for the 8th Spot next year ;):lol:B)

So long as we finish in the top 4-5 after the awful season we've had, i'll be happy.

If anyone can win it from there, its us.

You can't win every game...

As usual, you are talking out of the business end of your @rse.

After that abject performance last night I reckon our season is OVER, no pace, no aggression taking the ball up, forever running across the field, big changes need to be made, some of the players that have just had contract extensions certainly didn't deserve them after last nights performance.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

So long as we finish in the top 4-5 after the awful season we've had, i'll be happy.

If anyone can win it from there, its us.

You can't win every game...

...and Leeds showed they can't either.

Going to an interesting last few weeks, and anyone in the top 4 could still do the double.

Depending which 2 you then count.

Still anyone's.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010