Your Clubs Out-of-Contracts

Well the Bulls contracts that I know of are Sheriffe, Worrincy, Menzies and Reardon.

I would keep one of these but which one? :P

Anyone else up at the end of the season for the Bulls and what about your own clubs?

Kopczak too, who has actually improved (or stayed at the same level while all those around have fallen).

According to RLFags:

Rikki Sheriffe

Chris Nero

Stuart Reardon

Steve Menzies

Jamie Langley

Michael Worrincy

Craig Kopczak

Steve Crossley

Andy Tate

Joe Wardle

Adam O'Brien

Danny Addy

Vinny Finigan

I'd be a bit tough and keep the highlighted ones personally.

Thought Scruton was linked with the Rhinos again? Is he still in contract?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

According to RLFags:

Rikki Sheriffe

Chris Nero

Stuart Reardon

Steve Menzies

Jamie Langley

Michael Worrincy

Craig Kopczak

Steve Crossley

Andy Tate

Joe Wardle

Adam O'Brien

Danny Addy

Vinny Finigan

are the ones I'd keep. Think sheriffe could improve under a different coach and with a better center.

big question mark for me is menzies. undoubtedly one of our best players but taking a valuable quota spot, similar situation to morrison last year, If a top nrl center or half was available then I could see menzies going to accomodate them. otherwise retain him for a year. Nero is still a decent center and better than our other options at moment and doesnt count on quota next year so retain unless we have someone better coming in.

Koppy has shown enough this year to warrant at least another year under a new coach. I'd give all the youngsters at least another year. wardle, addy and finigan have all impressed in 1st team and whilst o'brien and tate havent debuted yet I've heard good reports for both from u'20s games. plus youngsters will be relatively cheap.

What I'd like to see us do is copy rhinos policy and give the particularly promising ones long 5 yr deals on slightly higher deals than we would normally offer.

This was policy rhinos used to tie down the core of their current team on long and relatively cheap over the length of the deal contracts.

are the ones I'd keep. Think sheriffe could improve under a different coach and with a better center.

big question mark for me is menzies. undoubtedly one of our best players but taking a valuable quota spot, similar situation to morrison last year, If a top nrl center or half was available then I could see menzies going to accomodate them. otherwise retain him for a year. Nero is still a decent center and better than our other options at moment and doesnt count on quota next year so retain unless we have someone better coming in.

Koppy has shown enough this year to warrant at least another year under a new coach. I'd give all the youngsters at least another year. wardle, addy and finigan have all impressed in 1st team and whilst o'brien and tate havent debuted yet I've heard good reports for both from u'20s games. plus youngsters will be relatively cheap.

What I'd like to see us do is copy rhinos policy and give the particularly promising ones long 5 yr deals on slightly higher deals than we would normally offer.

This was policy rhinos used to tie down the core of their current team on long and relatively cheap over the length of the deal contracts.

Interesting. Nero you maybe right but what annoys me by him is that he COULD be one of the best centres in SL if he could be arsed. He's almost our top try scorer and hasn't even put the effort in consistently. Disagree about Koppy. He's classed as one of our main 4 props now and he's been nowhere apart from a couple of recent games. It's the Matt Cook syndrome, how many chances will he get to prove that he is only average at best?

Wardle is your dark horse. Not going to set the world alight but won't put a foot wrong ala James Evans for one.

As far as wings go, latest rumours is Potter will bring at least one first teamer from Saints with him and I've heard it's Gardiner.

Interesting. Nero you maybe right but what annoys me by him is that he COULD be one of the best centres in SL if he could be arsed. He's almost our top try scorer and hasn't even put the effort in consistently. Disagree about Koppy. He's classed as one of our main 4 props now and he's been nowhere apart from a couple of recent games. It's the Matt Cook syndrome, how many chances will he get to prove that he is only average at best?

Wardle is your dark horse. Not going to set the world alight but won't put a foot wrong ala James Evans for one.

As far as wings go, latest rumours is Potter will bring at least one first teamer from Saints with him and I've heard it's Gardiner.

Nero is very much an attacking centre, and must be the reason why our left wingers (Reardon and Halley) haven't been crash-hot while outside him. He invariably takes the tackle, while making metres yes, but won't look to pass except only on the odd occasion. Senior he isn't.

And Gardner? Pretty much every Saints fan on here wants to see the back of him, probably the same as our wingmen, however without a Gidley and especially with a Nero (if Gardner would be switched from right wing) he is poop. I'd stick with Reardon.

Wont be a rush to sign any of that lot up with the exception of maybe a couple of the young uns

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Assuming this isn't a Bradford thread, I think the way things are looking at Wigan, we have...

OUTS - Feca, Phelps, Pryce, Piggy, Deacon and Bailey (4 overseas)

INS - Finch, Hoffman, Lima and Hock (3 overseas)

I suspect we will play Charnley and Marsh a lot more, but may need some additional half back cover. I would like us to sign Ratchford, a good Wigan lad with some talent. Apparently we will have a quota space left over, but I am hoping we don't fill it. I am assuming we re-sign Fielden on a smaller contract. He certainly sounded happy enough with Wigan last night.

Please please please let that be true! :dry:

From what ive heard the following are out of contract at Saints:

Flannery - GET RID

Meli - GET RID

Chris Dean - GET RID

Nick Fozzard - Keep

Paul Wellens - Keep

Leon Pryce - Keep

Maurie Fa'asavalu - Signed for Quins RU

Keiron Cunningham - retired (Coach)

Matt Gidley - Retired

Matty Smith - Signed for Salford

wouldnt mind pryce if hes out of contract

least were finally getting rid of rubbish like demetriou and cooke at the end of the season

think well keep hold of leanno he looks like a monster

glesson gone

blanch gone

but jamie maloney from the new zealand warriors could be a good addition at scrum half

scott wheeldon from hull kr could also be another good singing a good young prop and then get rid of moore and im happy

Edited by nath155

koppy is probably never going to be a top class prop. he is however a decent solid one with some improvement left in him which hopefully a new coach can bring out. And he has benefits of being homegrown and relatively cheap which tips balance in his favor imo. Ideally we'd have 4 lynch/scrutons in team but financially we cant afford that.

interesting about gardner. surely meli would be a more likely target for us as he's OOC and seems a more typical bulls style winger. cant see us paying a transfer fee for gardner.

koppy is probably never going to be a top class prop. he is however a decent solid one with some improvement left in him which hopefully a new coach can bring out. And he has benefits of being homegrown and relatively cheap which tips balance in his favor imo. Ideally we'd have 4 lynch/scrutons in team but financially we cant afford that.

interesting about gardner. surely meli would be a more likely target for us as he's OOC and seems a more typical bulls style winger. cant see us paying a transfer fee for gardner.

I'd have either Meli or Gardiner to be honest. Yes Saints fans dn't like either but they are consistently top of the table and can be picky!! I didn't like Langley too much when we were in our pomp but his workrate this year has hlped us immensely. One thing we have lacked this year is a winger to come in and work. Sheriffe tries but my farts have more chance of breaking a tackle.

And to answer someone earlier in the thread it's about any club.

Please please please let that be true! :dry:

From what ive heard the following are out of contract at Saints:

Flannery - GET RID

Meli - GET RID

Chris Dean - GET RID

Nick Fozzard - Keep

Paul Wellens - Keep

Leon Pryce - Keep

Maurie Fa'asavalu - Signed for Quins RU

Keiron Cunningham - retired (Coach)

Matt Gidley - Retired

Matty Smith - Signed for Salford

Leon has another 12 months on his contract at saints

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby/2010/0...15875-22323162/

Personally I think it would be good business for the bulls to get the cheque book out and make saints an offer. We desperately need to make some signings this year that will not only strengthen the team, but will also will generate some optimism and ticket sales.

Rikki Sheriffe

Chris Nero

Stuart Reardon

Steve Menzies

Jamie Langley

Michael Worrincy

Craig Kopczak

Steve Crossley

Andy Tate

Joe Wardle

Adam O'Brien

Danny Addy

Vinny Finigan

From the list above the most important players to resign are Langley (who has been great this year when not injured) and some of the 'up and coming' youngsters like Finigan, Addy and Wardle.

I think Steve Menzies has been great for the club but both he and Nero will have to go to free up wages and quota places.

As for the rest, the questions are which ones Mick Potter thinks he can get an improvement out of, how much they want and possibly who effects the home grown player quota.

I think at least 3 more players (in addition to Menzies and Nero) will need to be released for the club to have the funds to do anything in the transfer market that will start to win back missing fans.

As far as I am aware at wires it's only Mathers out and Hodgson in.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

nero doesnt count on quota next year.

Bearing in mind this year's performances, we might not have been any lower in the table if we didnt have any overseas players at all. In my opinion: -

- Nero, Orford, Hall and LeStrange have not justified the extra expense of employing foreign players.

- Wigan, Saints, Warrington and Leeds have better players who are not getting picked every week.

If Steve Menzies is going home then, given the chance, Brett Kearney is the only one I would wish to keep. He's so much better than the rest of the back division that I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to play somewhere else ... where there would be a better chance of winning some trophies.

Assuming we keep Kearney, we need six new players for next season. Priority is an organiser for halfback. Second priority is an enthusiastic talisman player that the team can rally round. Third priority is an enforcer prop. Fourth priority is a livewire hooker. Fifth priority is a powerful centre. Sixth priority is a tackling machine second row. We've plenty of promising youngsters who can each play ten to fifteeen games through the season without getting burnt out or worn out.

We could then be really good again in 2012.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police