Carl Ablett.

3 game ban and

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not long enough for me. It was nearly as bad as Newton's cheap shot on Longy. Should have been 6 matches for me

Wouldn't have been surprised to see another match or two on there, but these days 3 is a pretty big ban, so can't really complain.

Wouldn't have been surprised to see another match or two on there, but these days 3 is a pretty big ban, so can't really complain.

Another match would have ruled him out of the Challenge Cup Final should Leeds get there.

Perhaps that was taken into account. It would have made it a very harsh punishment. I'm sure plenty of people will say that would have been tough luck, but I think the disciplinary got this about right.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Another match would have ruled him out of the Challenge Cup Final should Leeds get there.

Perhaps that was taken into account. It would have made it a very harsh punishment. I'm sure plenty of people will say that would have been tough luck, but I think the disciplinary got this about right.

when gareth hock got 5 matches for man-handling the ref the ban finished just before the play-offs. the sooner we start giving totally disproportionate bans for stuff like the ablett 'tackle' the better. a couple of 15-20 match bans will sort this sort of thing out. 3 matches is nothing short of a disgrace.

foxes or poor people?

Bah, disgracefully lenient.

More evidence, if it were needed, of the unhealthy relationship that exists between the Rhinos and their Carnegie-sponsored chums at the Leeds-based RFL.

Ablett should have been finished for the season - his challenge was in the same league as that of Newton on Long, it was just that Tomkins was a bit luckier in not picking up a serious injury.

:dry:

I give you the case of O'loughlin v Robinson and Tomkins(J) v Myler, your honor :O

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

So the best time to decapitate an opponent is a couple of weeks before your team plays in a big final. Sounds good to me.

Give over - neither of those challenges were of the same order as Ablett's.

Sorry forgot no one can touch little darling Sammy can they.

As usual mate you can find no wrong in your team,3 matches is the penalty for this offence, that's what he got, what did your boys get for their late challenges, don't come on here banging on about "special relationships" when I have cited 2 cases where wigan players got naff all.

As usual mate you can find no wrong in your team,3 matches is the penalty for this offence, that's what he got, what did your boys get for their late challenges, don't come on here banging on about "special relationships" when I have cited 2 cases where wigan players got naff all.

I'm no Wigan fan but having seen it I think he was lucky he didn't end up in Armley!

Just because it's on a football field doesn't stop it being GBH - ask David Bishop.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

WIGAN = Special.

I'm no Wigan fan but having seen it I think he was lucky he didn't end up in Armley!

Just because it's on a football field doesn't stop it being GBH - ask David Bishop.

Hardly GBH a bit of an over-reaction don't you think.If the referee had deemed it to more dangerous he would have been sent off, amazing that when a Leeds player is involved he is a mad axe wielding murderer but for other clubs he's just an enforcer doing his bit for the team.

In the modern era I think three matches is about right. It is/should be an indefensible act to use your elbow on a guy who is basically defenceless in the act of catching a kick. But Ablett does not have the same history as some of his team mates/fellow professionals so he is entitled to have that considered.

It is bizare how Bailey gets on report so often and yet nothing ever happens. I reckon he is overdue a ban and leading with your knee in that manner really ought to have kopped for one.

To be honest, I don't really rate Tomkins, he has it all to prove.

As regards touching Tomkins, when he is on the field any opponent can touch him with impunity providing the manner of any such touching is within the rules - Ablett's clearly was not.

The last time I saw a challenge of this nature in the Superleague the player was banned for months.

Ablett was very fortunate on Friday night, Ganson's handling of the situation was a disgrace but par for the course if you look at his handling of similar situations in Leeds v Wigan games.

Ablett has continued to be lucky with the disciplinary.

If that challenge had been inflicted on a Leeds player by a player from any other club then the ban would have been much longer and the media bleating about it, much louder.

As for O'Loughlin and Tomkins, the reason they got naff all was that the challenges in question were naff all.

To be honest, I don't really rate Tomkins, he has it all to prove.

As regards touching Tomkins, when he is on the field any opponent can touch him with impunity providing the manner of any such touching is within the rules - Ablett's clearly was not.

The last time I saw a challenge of this nature in the Superleague the player was banned for months.

Ablett was very fortunate on Friday night, Ganson's handling of the situation was a disgrace but par for the course if you look at his handling of similar situations in Leeds v Wigan games.

Ablett has continued to be lucky with the disciplinary.

If that challenge had been inflicted on a Leeds player by a player from any other club then the ban would have been much longer and the media bleating about it, much louder.

As for O'Loughlin and Tomkins, the reason they got naff all was that the challenges in question were naff all.

Come on, even you've still got one eye to have seen those challenges.

You really do have an inferiority complex about Leeds don't you, or is it just a giant chip on BOTH shoulders.

Speaking as a Wigan fan 3 matches does nothing for us, I'd rather he got 10 minutes in the bin and been free to play against Saints, Castleford and Catalans. As a rugby fan 3 matches is about right.

Still think we need to do something so that those offended against get some benefit, such as the player being banned for 2 matches plus the next time he faces the opponents he committed the offence.

So the best time to decapitate an opponent is a couple of weeks before your team plays in a big final. Sounds good to me.

Couple of weeks might be pushing it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.