Carl Ablett.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as a Wigan fan 3 matches does nothing for us, I'd rather he got 10 minutes in the bin and been free to play against Saints, Castleford and Catalans. As a rugby fan 3 matches is about right.

Still think we need to do something so that those offended against get some benefit, such as the player being banned for 2 matches plus the next time he faces the opponents he committed the offence.

I like that idea. Downfall is if another team sign him that would punish his new team or if the team he commited the foul against sign him :wacko:

The problem lies with the referee and the influence that the Rhinos carry at headquarters.

If Ganson had done his job and sent Ablett off then this discussion would not even be taking place.

Ganson is notoriously strict on serious foul play except when it involves serious foul play against Wigan players committed by Leeds players, when he is notoriously lenient, a serial offender in fact.

Salford had Boyle sent off the other week for much less than Ablett's challenge on Tomkins - when this got to the disciplinary Boyle got 1 match. Ablett's offence has warranted a 3 match ban yet he stayed on the field.

The problem lies with the referees, the man that controls them and in this case specifically with Ganson.

Ganson is notoriously strict on serious foul play except when it involves serious foul play against Wigan players committed by Leeds players, when he is notoriously lenient, a serial offender in fact.

You'll have 4 or 5 instances then off top of your head ?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

The problem lies with the referee and the influence that the Rhinos carry at headquarters.

If Ganson had done his job and sent Ablett off then this discussion would not even be taking place.

Salford had Boyle sent off the other week for much less than Ablett's challenge on Tomkins - when this got to the disciplinary Boyle got 1 match. Ablett's offence has warranted a 3 match ban yet he stayed on the field.

The problem lies with the referees, the man that controls them and in this case specifically with Ganson.

is this like when you just made up stuff about a certain ref a few months ago...?

foxes or poor people?

I like that idea. Downfall is if another team sign him that would punish his new team or if the team he commited the foul against sign him :wacko:

Well I'll concede its not a faultless plan but its an improvement.

The player would still be penalised even if at a new club and chances are if he's switched clubs it'll be a regular season game and not a final/cup game which softens the blow.

If the team he signs for the team he committed the foul against, well they can just sort it out in training!!! :P

Why not? He would still have had an appointment with the disciplinary committee.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Still think we need to do something so that those offended against get some benefit, such as the player being banned for 2 matches plus the next time he faces the opponents he committed the offence.

Worrabout sending the bleeder off in the first place for gawd's sake!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

when gareth hock got 5 matches for man-handling the ref the ban finished just before the play-offs. the sooner we start giving totally disproportionate bans for stuff like the ablett 'tackle' the better. a couple of 15-20 match bans will sort this sort of thing out. 3 matches is nothing short of a disgrace.

In the 1980s the RFL had a spell of handing out 10 and 12 match bans, it made not one jot of difference, players were still being hauled up on a regular basis.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

You'll have 4 or 5 instances then off top of your head ?

I could give you 3 off the top of my head:

1) Friday's challenge by Ablett on Tomkins.

2) When Lee Smith stamped on a Wigan player's head in a game at Headingley a couple of years ago - Ganson actually said to Smith "That is totally unacceptable" and then didn't send him off.

3) In the same game Keith Senior came running in from 30 yards away to get involved in a tete-a-tete that was going on - this offence had seen more than one sending-off in other games at the time but did Keith go? Did he fcuk.

If I can remember any more I'll get back to you.

In the 1980s the RFL had a spell of handing out 10 and 12 match bans, it made not one jot of difference, players were still being hauled up on a regular basis.

Aye, but we didn't see Brian Hogan play that often when they did that.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

then increase it to a full season then. the game is already violent enough without f*ckwits like ablett trying to take other players heads off. we can also increase the fines too. fine the bloody coaches as well.

foxes or poor people?

If I can remember any more I'll get back to you.

Lovely, since 3 over the course of 14 years is hardly serial

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

I suppose we'll have to hope Ablett or whoever does it a bit harder next time.

If Tomkins can't take the heat, perhaps he needs to stop being such a niggle cheat himself. Tomkins went down like a sack of shot and milked it for all it was worth.

Cos you can bet your bottom dollar that Ablett won't be the last person to take offence at Tomkins over-inflated ego & delusions of grandeur.

Poor Wigan, getting the excuses in early. Boo hoo.

PHOTO_6267313_7691_3768222_ap_320X240.jpg

3 seems fair to me. The only point I would like to know the answer to is whether the video ref is entitled to tell the ref that the tackle deserved a sending off. I simply can't see how Ganson could have seen it properly from where he was and not sent him off, and I have never known Ganson be shy about reaching for a red card.

I suppose we'll have to hope Ablett or whoever does it a bit harder next time.

If Tomkins can't take the heat, perhaps he needs to stop being such a niggle cheat himself. Tomkins went down like a sack of shot and milked it for all it was worth.

Cos you can bet your bottom dollar that Ablett won't be the last person to take offence at Tomkins over-inflated ego & delusions of grandeur.

Poor Wigan, getting the excuses in early. Boo hoo.

I bet you loved all the sky sports replays sat on your linda barker signature sofa didn't you :happy:

then increase it to a full season then. the game is already violent enough without f*ckwits like ablett trying to take other players heads off. we can also increase the fines too. fine the bloody coaches as well.

:rolleyes:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.