Leeds Rhinos v St Helens

Who will make it to Wembley  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make it to Wembley

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens
    • Golden Point Extra Time

In Bailey's defence (not words I thought I'd ever write) Pretty sure that it was JJB who gave Moore the rub on the head. The ref called over the wrong guy for his little chat.

Nope, it was Bailey. And as expected he spent the entire next set of 6 hiding and didnt go near the ball as usual.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just watched it again, you're right. I was confused by JJB was trying to milk it to the ref right next to Bailey. I retract my defence (feel less dirty now :P )

Ryan '3rd man in' Bailey

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

Your honor, I give you the case of Wabo v Workington town.

Which according to some Hunslet fans on their forum was a perfectly fair challenge, even though March held Backhouse giving Wabo a nice target to hit.

Your honor, I give you the case of Wabo v Workington town.

Difference was Wabo was back in the mix on the next set, Bailey goes missing for next ten mins

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

To be fair to Bailey he had a very good game today

He broke two tackles today which is two more than he usually does, so il have to agree :O

Can see this being decided by the video ref in the dying seconds.

Cant choose between them, BUT if I had to bet 5p id go for for Leeds by 2

Damn, out by 2 :lol:

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

A glamour win for the new Chesire club (next season they are anyway)

Leeds 18 Saints 38

HEE HEE HEE (holds aching sides). Leeds to now play catalans in final as they beat wire 86-0.

Damn, out by 2 :lol:

How depressed was I yesterday. Very.

So it's taken me a while to come back and post. Well done Leeds you won it fair and square a few line balls for both sides so no problem there from me. Outstanding players for Leeds for me where Maguire and Old baldy Senior. The guy must be quality because he always causes problems. For Saints I thought all the players stood up to be counted. Okey Meli made an error yesterday,but I think the board should really consider a 2 year deal for him, the centre position is showing his best for in attack and he does not have to cover the high ball in defence an ideal solution for him. Foster had a few high balls to deal with and dealt with them well, that run to the half way line is just what we've missed over the last couple of years on ball returns.

Okey Wilkin made a bad call, but people must remember that neither he or Moore are half backs. Wilkin is a ball playing 2nd rower, occasional loose forward. Moore has been hooker for the last 4 or 5 years. For stand in's they did ok and kept us moving around the field. Although better half backs would have given us better territory.

Not to mention giving us a little bit more speed in attack.

Anyway good luck to Leeds, over all the game was exciting but the amount of mistakes I thought were pretty high, particularly the number of dropped balls from both sides. I can't beleive the terrible luck we've have had with half backs and Leeds this season. Both games we have looked good enough to win but just missed that killer blow in the final 5 minutes.

I think with the loss of some of our old chargers is not weakened Saints as an outfit, but it has taken away that killer instinct that made us the comeback kings about 5 seasons ago.

Hope today is just as good a game for the neutral. As for the attendance it looked alot more balance than the hype before made it out to be. Not saying it was by an means equal but 2 to 1 seamed not to be the case.

It's all about da bass

A great win yesterday and one that shows the "never say die " spirit within the camp. I always think that in the biggest of games leeds have the tenacity and belief to beat any team, the cup run so far has proved that. If we go on and win the final i think it will be the hardest route any team has taken in the modern era, possibly beating the top four to win the cup. Saints kicking game was poor due to the lack of pryce but after the injury hit season we've had it was nice to see an injury costing the opposition for once. Beating saints is all about keeping them outside your 20, i think their 5 tries totalling 5 yards summed that up today. A great advert for rugby and the best team (just) got the result.

Saints were always going to be up against it without Pryce as there's no-one else to pull the strings effectively.

Both sides played well but Leeds were always going to have the edge with Sinfield, Mcguire & Burrow on the field. I think the Rhinos also played a good guessing game in the lead up to the game - so much for Senior having to play in the pack! Was surprised to see Eastwood and Diskin back as the news was they were struggling so well played Leeds on that front.

I think Saints were naive in the tackle and consequently allowed Leeds quick play the balls which you just can't do. Leeds were much more effective at getting numbers in the tackle and slowing down the ruck area, unlike Saints who for most of the game seemed too eager to get back on their feet. I think Meli is a good call at centre and his throw away pass execepted, I thought he had another good game in the new position. I wonder whether Potter rues the decision to leave out the young half back Gaskell who had a good game the other week and might have been more effective than Wilkin in that position.

With our first choice half backs on the field it would have been a Saints victory all the way but fair play to Leeds, on the day they outwitted Saints and showed I think greater desire. Leeds v Warrington should certainly see a packed Wembley.

With our first choice half backs on the field it would have been a Saints victory all the way but fair play to Leeds, on the day they outwitted Saints and showed I think greater desire.

Did i miss something in the grand final last season or were both pryce and eastmond playing ?