24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington
    • Catalans

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone for Wire, but I think it will be close. Les Cats are a tough team to beat, especially now they are getting their players back from injury.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I've gone for Wire, but I think it will be close. Les Cats are a tough team to beat, especially now they are getting their players back from injury.

Agree with this, as a Wire fan I want us to win comfortably but we've not been playing at our best and Catalan's have improved dramtically over the past few weeks with some good victories as players and most importnatly confidence has returned . I still think that we will have enough to beat them but it may be very close. I'm not expecting a tremendously entertaining game but if we win I won't care.

Catalans don't usually travel well, but:

They beat us at the Halliwell a couple of years back.

They have a 100% record in semi-finals.

They beat us 2 weeks ago, and won away last week.

However, for Wires, this game could well end our season if we lose it, and think we'll make what will feel like a home game count.

Wires by 7-10 points.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

The Stobart Stadium will be turned Primrose and Blue on Sunday as thousands of Warrington fans make the trip to Widnes for the Carnegie Challenge Cup semi-final.

The Wolves have sold 9,500 tickets to date. This amazing following is the highest away attendance in 40 years (excluding Wembley and Old Trafford).

Last year's semi-final against Wigan created a great buzz at the stadium in Widnes and this weekend's clash is set to do the same.

http://www.warringtonwolves.org/magical-10000-3601

I have no doubts with three days to go that we will get the magical 10,0000.

Just shows what great support the Wire have and the RFL decision to play at Widnes was the right one this time.

I feel suitably underwhelmed, 10,000 for a semi-final down the road is hardly ground breaking stuff!

Precisely. Show's that Wire have got quite a long way to go before they can class themselves as sitting at Super League's top table.

People called Romans they go the house

Last but not least, to this weekend's Challenge Cup semi-finals, and a couple of potential crackers. From a financial point of view, Warrington-Leeds would be the dream final, guaranteeing a full Wembley and a colourful sea of primrose, amber and blue. Warrington-Saints would be a cracking story, as the Wolves aim to end their wretched run against their local rivals on the grandest stage of all. But with apologies to the Catalans Dragons, we really could do without a repeat of the first final at the new Wembley, when they were comfortably beaten by St Helens at their most dominant in 2007.

Wilson is right here. But as a Wire I would love a Wire v Saints final.

Catalans getting to Wembley would be a bad blow for the game.

Last but not least, to this weekend's Challenge Cup semi-finals, and a couple of potential crackers. From a financial point of view, Warrington-Leeds would be the dream final, guaranteeing a full Wembley and a colourful sea of primrose, amber and blue. Warrington-Saints would be a cracking story, as the Wolves aim to end their wretched run against their local rivals on the grandest stage of all. But with apologies to the Catalans Dragons, we really could do without a repeat of the first final at the new Wembley, when they were comfortably beaten by St Helens at their most dominant in 2007.

Wilson is right here. But as a Wire I would love a Wire v Saints final.

Catalans getting to Wembley would be a bad blow for the game.

It wouldn't. It really wouldn't. Catalans would be a boost for the game in many ways not least for strengthening the game in South of France and shattering the public perception of a sport which has not progressed from the original clubs who split away in 1895.

I'd love it if Catalans won.

I feel suitably underwhelmed, 10,000 for a semi-final down the road is hardly ground breaking stuff!

How underwhelmed were you this time last year when Wigan didn't even sell their allocation at the same stadium and the seats were given to Warrington? ;)