Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington
    • Catalans

How underwhelmed were you this time last year when Wigan didn't even sell their allocation at the same stadium and the seats were given to Warrington? ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

spot on, i was just about to quote Shrek's post when i read this one.

as the kids would say............ punk'd out mate.......

some Pies never learn

Padge, Hanners, Giwildogo and EW you need to educate your dim wits ;):P ...( and your team did take a beating LMFAO)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last but not least, to this weekend's Challenge Cup semi-finals, and a couple of potential crackers. From a financial point of view, Warrington-Leeds would be the dream final, guaranteeing a full Wembley and a colourful sea of primrose, amber and blue. Warrington-Saints would be a cracking story, as the Wolves aim to end their wretched run against their local rivals on the grandest stage of all. But with apologies to the Catalans Dragons, we really could do without a repeat of the first final at the new Wembley, when they were comfortably beaten by St Helens at their most dominant in 2007.

Wilson is right here. But as a Wire I would love a Wire v Saints final.

Catalans getting to Wembley would be a bad blow for the game.

No it wouldn't. Bulletproof is correct for the reasons he stated. In addition in 2007 when Les Catalans Dragons played there a Frenchman with a Muslim name scored a try, which gave the game a more international flavour.

Moreover last time Les Catalans played at Wembley they got around 84,000 spectators (I was one of them) which is more than many of the "M62 only" CC finals have attracted.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

No it wouldn't. Bulletproof is correct for the reasons he stated. In addition in 2007 when Les Catalans Dragons played there a Frenchman with a Muslim name scored a try, which gave the game a more international flavour.

Moreover last time Les Catalans played at Wembley they got around 84,000 spectators (I was one of them) which is more than many of the "M62 only" CC finals have attracted.

Whilst I completely disagree with Wendall's point, the 80,000+ crowd at that game was not due to Catalans being a draw, it was due to it being the first RL game at the new Wembley.

And Wendall wasn't? A Warrington fan saying his team getting to the finals would be better for the game than a French team :lol:

I am talking about selling the game out and having a close, competitive final.

The last thing we need is empty seats and a one sided game, right?

The positives of Catalans making it would far outweigh those two negatives.

And :lol: One sided game? let's hope Warrington wins then because if the team that BEATS them makes the final they won't stand a chance. You're basically saying "the winner of this game will go on to lose the final... unless ofcourse it's Warrington" :P

The game will probably not sell out even if it is without Les Catalans.

As for closeness, don't underestimate the Wembley "lift." Most of the Les Catalans pack will have been at Wembley in 2007, and desirous of reversing that outcome. If Greenshields, Bosc, Pelo, McGuire, Ferriol, Fakir, Elima, Carlaw and Guisset are fit, then Les Catalans have a chance.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

The game will probably not sell out even if it is without Les Catalans.

As for closeness, don't underestimate the Wembley "lift." Most of the Les Catalans pack will have been at Wembley in 2007, and desirous of reversing that outcome. If Greenshields, Bosc, Pelo, McGuire, Ferriol, Fakir, Elima, Carlaw and Guisset are fit, then Les Catalans have a chance.

Congrats Paris, you state the obvious

2 teams contest a final and they both have a chance ;)

Just ask Sheffield Eagles :P:lol:

The final won't sell-out until there's a big interest final and the Club Wembley seats are available to us.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

The final won't sell-out until there's a big interest final and the Club Wembley seats are available to us.

Correct.

the last BIG wembley final was Wigan and Hull in 85, Just short of 100K, since then the crowds have been up and down. (25 years ago)

I want the passion of the CC to come back, SL GF has killed it for me.

Correct.

the last BIG wembley final was Wigan and Hull in 85, Just short of 100K, since then the crowds have been up and down. (25 years ago)

I want the passion of the CC to come back, SL GF has killed it for me.

###### Paul 1996 Bradford vs St Helens 77,000 sell out.

###### Paul 1996 Bradford vs St Helens 77,000 sell out.

Quote pre-new Wembley sell-outs, when the pre-allseater ground held 100k, it got filled a good few times.

RFL don't sell "restricted view" tickets where they can avoid it, which explains 77k in an 80k ground.

That final you quote Mick was the first in "our new summer golden age", and Skints and Dulls hit the ground running and served up 74 tackle free points.

I turned it off, bored, with 20 to go, who-ever had the ball scored.

Might as well have been basketball.

Anyway, anyone see where the Cats v Wires thread went?

Getting nervous, but still think we can just do it.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

And Wendall wasn't? A Warrington fan saying his team getting to the finals would be better for the game than a French team :lol:

But that has nothing whatsoever to do with mine or PMJ's post. Jesus Christ, I think some people are really special.

But that has nothing whatsoever to do with mine or PMJ's post. Jesus Christ, I think some people are really special.

Cats to shade hopefully

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

On that showing, I'm happy at the prospect of facing Leeds.

If we win.

Catalan will be full strength, for the 1st time this season.

WE still have the play-offs, they have "nothing else to play for", and we got to be 100% focussed.

As with Leeds, the cup is Catalans' season in 1 game.

We still, in theory, have the Grand Final in our sights.

I'd rather we viewed it as having the double in our sights, and go for that.

It wouldn't. It really wouldn't. Catalans would be a boost for the game in many ways not least for strengthening the game in South of France and shattering the public perception of a sport which has not progressed from the original clubs who split away in 1895.

I'd love it if Catalans won.

You can always trust a Widnes fan to see the "bigger picture". :D

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.