At least one Super League club to lose licence in 2011

If you look at my reply it was to the silly answer that Halifax never got over 5,000 for a game back in 1998 when they did finish third.

They had over 8000 for the Bradford game and over 6000 for the visits of Hull Sharks and Wigan Warriors.

Poor average Mick

2003 2,977

2002 4,080

2001 4,824

2000 5,714

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at my reply it was to the silly answer that Halifax never got over 5,000 for a game back in 1998 when they did finish third.

They had over 8000 for the Bradford game and over 6000 for the visits of Hull Sharks and Wigan Warriors.

Mick was obviously talking about averages although one season they were 5.7k this is still well short of what we've had at our peak and this was a season we were relegated in.

And you didn't simply respond to it, you followed it up with the assertion that they have bigger potential for crowds than either Widnes or Barrow. This is nonsensical for the near future given recent history.

Jesus wept I'm not pushing for Halifax to get into Super League Paul.

I was just replying to the post from Maximus Decimus when he said that "they never got over 5k in Super League despite finishing 3rd one year"

I hope Widnes do get in for 2012, there is too many clubs in West Yorkshire and I think Castleford or Wakefield will get the chop.

Fair comment Mick

Just thought you were changing your colours ;):lol:

maybe the Bradfax Blue Blues B)

The operational rules are clear:

(iii) any overseas clubs invited to apply by the Board.

Toulouse, like Paris Stade Francais, is an overseas club.

Therefore Toulouse can be invited to join Super League and given a license.

You don't need to be a lawyer to understand this logic.

Toulouse may not be in the Championship by December 2010 (I am still seeking confirmation of this), which if true would make the on field qualifying criteria for Championship clubs irrelevant to them.

But even if they stay in the Championship, the status of overseas club may override the Championship club criteria.

Personally I hope that Toulouse leaves the Championship, to make their possible license application success unambiguous, and give Paris SF a chance to join the Championship for a couple of years.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Fair comment Mick

Just thought you were changing your colours ;):lol:

maybe the Bradfax Blue Blues B)

It was tried in 1995 and I think the name was either Bradfax Storm or Haliford Lions.

Mick was obviously talking about averages although one season they were 5.7k this is still well short of what we've had at our peak and this was a season we were relegated in.

And you didn't simply respond to it, you followed it up with the assertion that they have bigger potential for crowds than either Widnes or Barrow. This is nonsensical for the near future given recent history.

I didn't know he was talking about averages did I, where does it say in that post the word average?

Anyhow I don't have the energy to get into deep debates so I'll leave it at that.

The operational rules are clear:

(iii) any overseas clubs invited to apply by the Board.

Toulouse, like Paris Stade Francais, is an overseas club.

Therefore Toulouse can be invited to join Super League and given a license.

Toulouse may not be in the Championship by December 2010 (I am sill seeking confirmation of this), which if true would make the on field qualifying criteria for Championship clubs irrelevant to them.

I've said it all along that Toulouse will be in Super League come 2012.

I've said it all along that Toulouse will be in Super League come 2012.

If you are correct in your prediction, are you willing to lay off the referees when Toulouse plays Bradford?

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Widnes have the potential to destroy the current Castleford and Wakefield average crowds.

Well do you know what? Castleford and Wakefield have the potential to destroy the current Castleford and Wakefield average crowds as well.

Perhaps you can help yourself out by listing all the clubs who can make the same boast.

Holding on to two ideas at once can be difficult can't it.

Ahah - A club in existence 2 years and has never been in SL. Maybe you might understand now what Liquidation means. End of.

Any Building work started yet Sergovia ?

And i don't mean clearing the ground with Tonka Trucks, i mean actual building work ie Framework, Bricks & Mortar etc................

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

Obsessed. :lol:

Why don't you go away, learn how to use the quote function correctly, take a few long breaths and calm down and then if you think you've got anything interesting to say for a change come back and we'll talk.

Considering these licences are for March 2012-2015, I think Salford City Reds are safe because they say that their stadium will be completed for December 2011, and thus ready for the 2012 season.

The thing is though is that I hear of so many building projects, stadiums included, that far outlast their designated schedule, and by proposing building work to be October 2010-December 2011 with a few months contingency I still think the Reds may be cutting it tight. Certainly if their stadium is not ready for the 2012 opening match, if they are given a licence, they'll be uproar. Time will tell I suppose.

Obsessed. :lol:

Why don't you go away, learn how to use the quote function correctly, take a few long breaths and calm down and then if you think you've got anything interesting to say for a change come back and we'll talk.

No I'm OK thanks but I just wanted to point out the continuous prejudice you seem to have concerning the Reds.

Its been the same for 2 years as you have blamed Salford for Widnes missing out on the Franchise.

As my 'quote' says which I have shortened for succinct prose (do you like that?) I merely highlighted your continuing diatribe which presumably will only ever stop when Widnes succeed in their bid.

Widnes have a lot of work to do and players to contract before their credibility passes the test.

George Riley has blogged his opinion on the matter

linky

interesting comments about the Wakefield chairman meeting with the RFL - see just under the picture

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Just a little question about the Widnes fans' baiting Salford for their lack of a new stadium. Didn't Halton Council build (with EU money) your ground for you? While your club was going bust (again) spunking money up the wall on ###### players.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Well do you know what? Castleford and Wakefield have the potential to destroy the current Castleford and Wakefield average crowds as well.

Perhaps you can help yourself out by listing all the clubs who can make the same boast.

Holding on to two ideas at once can be difficult can't it.

Please explain what the hell your on about?