Steve Ganson

Seems rather quiet over Bradford way...from one particular contributor anyway...perhaps it's just as well.

Not good form from the BBC if they did mention it,, but entirely expected.

I for one hope he's exonerated. Must get frustrating and tiresome for him if he did get the attention mentioned by Sparehead, but I suppose when you think about stuff just posted on here, it's bound to happen every so often, sadly.

I don't have a problem with the BBC mentioning it, I have a problem with them sweeping stuff in other sports under the carpet.

We pride ourselves on being an honest and open sport and long may we remain so.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Mr. Ganson, from what I've read, hasn't even been charged with anything, never mind found guilty.

No comment until that changes here.

Exactly right. Please remember that when you're posting about what you heard from "a friend". We won't allow idle speculation either.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Seems rather quiet over Bradford way...from one particular contributor anyway...perhaps it's just as well.

He's being treated for his injuries having taken his Mrs Doubtfire routine to a whole new level and managing to pass himself off to medical staff as an 87 year old woman! :ph34r:

To be fair to the BBC, given he was due to be the video ref today I think its fair enough of them to bring it up, if he hadn't been due to have any involvement today then I'd agree with you.

Please resist from starting new threads on this subject. One will do nicely.

sorry never new there was another thread i fort i was the 1st to no, :angry: dam im only a day late

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

You might be best served by re-visiting your post to edit some of that before the mods do.

Took them too long! Thank you though.

Please can people actually read the articles then do two things:

1. Don't speculate on things that aren't in them. For example, there's nothing in any article about Ganson hitting her, neither is there anything in them about him running her over in a tank. Until there are more facts, don't speculate on this forum. That said, a s20 assault charge is GBH.

2. Remember that regardless of what the media may think, the rule of law in Britain still has the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

Come on people... we're doing our best to try to keep this thread open for discussion as it's a valid topic but we won't do so if some people can't restrain their lynch mob attitudes.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I for one hope he's exonerated. Must get frustrating and tiresome for him if he did get the attention mentioned by Sparehead, but I suppose when you think about stuff just posted on here, it's bound to happen every so often, sadly.

I hope he's exhonerated if he's innocent, but not if he's guilty.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Mr. Ganson, from what I've read, hasn't even been charged with anything, never mind found guilty.

No comment until that changes here.

correct

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

According to the Warrington Guardian, "He was questioned by detectives at St Helens police station on suspicion of a section 20 assault (causing GBH without intent) before being bailed until a date in October."

This is going to make it difficult for his as a ref because some spectators may decide he is guilty already.

A difficult one for the RFL: Ganson bailed until October. Do they keep him out on the field or put him on gardening leave? It can't be good for his game-head if he has this hanging over him.

Permanent video ref duty might be more appropriate than gardening.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

After having my last post deleted, I can presume Ganson won't be the Wembley referee? Right booking Wembley trip now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the Final to Betham, good performance at Semi, lets hope he doesn't get invited to any parties involving 87 yr old women.....

A difficult one for the RFL: Ganson bailed until October. Do they keep him out on the field or put him on gardening leave? It can't be good for his game-head if he has this hanging over him.
The RFL need to deal with this in a serious manner.

Before people start shooting me down i know the law of the land is innocent until proven guilty.

My concern surrounds the individual who was arrested and issued with a fixed penalty notice for being drunk and disorderly last year.He is now involved in a separate supposed drink fuelled incident less than twelve months later.

The common trend here is ALCOHOL.

Alot of high profile professions would now take a stand and put him on gardening leave.

The RFL need to sit him down and give it to him straight.

Something along the lines of "You are employed by us and this is how it is going to be".

If it turns out to be true that he was steaming in the early hours of a cup semi then is it any wonder that the video ref often makes mistakes.

Lastly i think he is our best referee but he needs to take a serious rain check and think about the situations he is allowing himself to get into.