Up 'n' Under

Not my favourite film of all time and I doubt the play is much better, but here is a face that Rugby League should exploit (despite the ball in that picture).

She will undoubtedly be delighted to know that her home town of Sleaford, in Lincolnshire, is in the process of trying to launch a side.

This is a young lady who has made a career out of being famous (and good luck to her) and I'm sure something mutually beneficial could be made to work.

People called Romans they go the house

Saw the play years ago at Woking when they were touring it.

It was fantastic - don't judge it by the film, which was a pale shadow of the original

Yep. Saw the play last year at Hull Truck's new gaff. It was brilliant theatre, nothing like the film.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It was fantastic - don't judge it by the film, which was a pale shadow of the original

^^^^ What he said.

The original play is superior to the film, and fantastic fun to be in to! Its one of the few plays genuinly I wish I hadn't grown too old to be in :D

But I hope thats not the ball they are using in the production.......!

Seeing Abbi Titmus get he norks out is hardly a novelty. B)

he norks = moobs???

:O she's a he-she all along - well I never :P

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I agree. The play, when I saw it, was excellent, Neil Morrisey starring.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

It's got a good review in the Times today and I must say that Abbi Titmus looks bloody ***** wearing that tight Newcastle Knights top :D

And wouldn't she make a great face for the game?

Not a novelty but always a pleasure. :D

Nah! Her boobs aren't very nice.

Seeing as there's no mention of Rugby League in the blurb and she's holding a England Rugby Union in the picture I'm wondering if there are any references to our sport in it?

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Nah! Her boobs aren't very nice.

Seeing as there's no mention of Rugby League in the blurb and she's holding a England Rugby Union in the picture I'm wondering if there are any references to our sport in it?

I attached the Scotsman article because the picture was better.

The Guardian article gave RL plenty of mentions.

Regarding her boobs - at school she was known as Abi Titless - a late developer apparently.

Not my favourite film of all time and I doubt the play is much better, but here is a face that Rugby League should exploit (despite the ball in that picture).

She will undoubtedly be delighted to know that her home town of Sleaford, in Lincolnshire, is in the process of trying to launch a side.

This is a young lady who has made a career out of being famous (and good luck to her) and I'm sure something mutually beneficial could be made to work.

I doubt if anyone watching will even know it is about league.

It came to the Derby playhouse a few years ago with Robbie Paul guesting. And despite yours truly helping at rehearsals they still included line outs and pretend rucks and mauls on the night.

Still, it's a good piece on stage, the way six or seven people can play both sides in a game and manage to create an atmosphere is wonderful.

Still, it's a good piece on stage, the way six or seven people can play both sides in a game and manage to create an atmosphere is wonderful.

Gee thanks, I've never seen the stage play and now you spoil it for me. I bet you tell little old ladies in the queue for the Mousetrap that the copper does it. Oops :wub:

rldfsignature.jpg

I doubt if anyone watching will even know it is about league.

It came to the Derby playhouse a few years ago with Robbie Paul guesting. And despite yours truly helping at rehearsals they still included line outs and pretend rucks and mauls on the night.

Maybe they tailored it by location.

Definitely rugby league whan I saw it in Wythenshaw.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to reply to this after I'd been.

Must say, I really enjoyed it. Very nice venue, although it was a shame that there were only around 60-70 people in a 4-500 seat venue, the cast deserved much better than that, but it was one of the most expensive shows at the festival, so wouldn't perhaps pick up the casual festival-goers who just turn up for shows on the day.

Abi Titmus was actually very good I must say, and the RL scenes really were excellent, I really enjoyed how they did it, and didn't expect so many action scenes, and certainly didn't expect them to work as well as they did!

It was pretty moving in parts, but overall it was a charming, witty piece of theatre, and after watching a pretty shocking (yet excellent) version of A Clockwork Orange just a couple of days earlier, this was a very welcome light-hearted 2hrs of entertainment!

If you get chance to see it, I'd recommend you make the effort.