League Leaders Sheild! Big News

MIss_chief

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to sound negative, but will the sheild also be presented at Barrow match? I will not be able to attend the "F Factor" evening and as a supporter who has followed Rovers home and away all season I do not want to be deprived of seeing my team being presented with the sheild.

Great initiative by the club, but surely some consultation with fans before making this decision.

Edited by Darren Hill

NL2 GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2007

CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS 2010

Championship Winners 2011

Championship Champions 2011

I can see this being a source of controversy, many who attend the F factor will not have seen a game of rugby, many fans who have followed through thick and thin I don't mean me) will miss out on seeing an award given to the team.

However Miss chief 7 posts in three years ? beware of er'mischief making

Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Sorry to sound negative, but will the sheild also be presented at Barrow match?

Good question. Im not going to the f factor thing because it looks ###### and a waste of money :dry: but i want to see the presentation. Will the supportors have to watch poxy x factor cast offs and that bleeding chiko thing to see our team be pressented the league sheild ? if thiers no presentation after the barrow game this is a bad move imo :wacko:

Good question. Im not going to the f factor thing because it looks ###### and a waste of money :dry: but i want to see the presentation. Will the supportors have to watch poxy x factor cast offs and that bleeding chiko thing to see our team be pressented the league sheild ? if thiers no presentation after the barrow game this is a bad move imo :wacko:

If Lucie Jones hadn't backed out i'd argue :P I wouldn't call it a waste of time, I think its been a great idea and hope it becomes an annual thing, I know some people who are actually looking forward to it, so if quite a few people enjoy it I can't see it being called a waste of money.

Cummins Out.

If Lucie Jones hadn't backed out i'd argue :P I wouldn't call it a waste of time, I think its been a great idea and hope it becomes an annual thing, I know some people who are actually looking forward to it, so if quite a few people enjoy it I can't see it being called a waste of money.

A waste of my money in imo !! Other people in my family are going and looking forward to it. But ive been to evry game this season home and away and im going to miss the presentation :wacko:

There WILL be a presentation after the Barrow match, the co-operative want to do both which from their point of view is understandable for publicity and also from the clubs point of view. It might attract more supporters to go and those who are going to the concert but don't go to the rugby might be tempted to give it a try.

Ah! sound thinking

Cummins Out.

A waste of my money in imo !! Other people in my family are going and looking forward to it. But ive been to evry game this season home and away and im going to miss the presentation :wacko:

From what Phil said, theres going to be 2 presentations.

Cummins Out.

Top post Matt. Cracking venture this. I hope its huge.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

There WILL be a presentation after the Barrow match, the co-operative want to do both which from their point of view is understandable for publicity and also from the clubs point of view. It might attract more supporters to go and those who are going to the concert but don't go to the rugby might be tempted to give it a try.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO GET NEWSLETTERS - YOU'VE GOT MAIL! This story is genuine.

Thanks for that Phil. As I said before, great initiative by the club and hopefully it will attract new fans to Rovers.

Just got a bit (unnecessarily) worried that we would miss out on the presentation.

NL2 GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2007

CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS 2010

Championship Winners 2011

Championship Champions 2011

I am struggling here and have been in two minds whether to comment as I try to stay positive on the forum. I think this is crackers to be polite!!!

I fully understand the thinking behind the reason for presenting at the F Factor, but quite frankly our match day audience is not the same as the audience who will be there on Saturday. It really is not fair to the fans who go week in and week out, support the team through thick and thin. What a way to p**s off the supporters who aint interested in teeny bop music. (no disrespect to any of the performers, I will be there and I will enjoy it, but its not everyone's cup of tea)

On an earlier thread it says that the award will be presented at the Barrow game as well but surely that's not going to feel the same the second time around. Anyway, IMO, it should have been kept until 22nd Aug as previously announced and the loving atmosphere soaked up between all players, coaches, fans, directors together in a rugby atmosphere with dirty kits and sweaty bodies!

Edited by Stephanie Overton

I am struggling here and have been in two minds whether to comment as I try to stay positive on the forum. I think this is crackers to be polite!!!

I fully understand the thinking behind the reason for presenting at the F Factor, but quite frankly our match day audience is not the same as the audience who will be there on Saturday. It really is not fair to the fans who go week in and week out, support the team through thick and thin. What a way to p**s off the supporters who aint interested in teeny bop music. (no disrespect to any of the performers, I will be there and I will enjoy it, but its not everyone's cup of tea)

On an earlier thread it says that the award will be presented at the Barrow game as well but surely that's not going to feel the same the second time around. Anyway, IMO, it should have been kept until 22nd Aug as previously announced and the loving atmosphere soaked up between all players, coaches, fans, directors together in a rugby atmosphere with dirty kits and sweaty bodies!

Ah, Men !!

I can fully understand why the club are doing this, the F factor is a way of the club generating money and they need to sell tickets, the announcement that the Shield will be presented may just sell a few more. I dont think it will do the club any good at all if people rubbish the F Factor in public. Its events like these that allow us to sign the players that we do and if these events arnt well attended then players will have to go and that is from a good source. I cant make the F Factor and attend nearly all Rovers games but if i miss the shield presented but the F Factor is well attended then il settle for that, i dont want to go back to seeing the performances of a few years ago, no way.

Excellent, but isn't the 'Champions 2010' over doing it? the Grand Final determines the Champions...

But ill accept League Champions... :P

my opinion only, but I dont like the idea of the Grand Final determining the Champions?. Featherstone Rovers have won the league and they are the Champions ( end of ). why have a money spinning play off , it would take the shine off if you dont win the GF, what happens if half your team are injured at the end of the season ?.

( as for football for example Chelsea. Man Utd . Spurs, Arsenal etc did not play off to find out who were the Premier Champions ?)

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

my opinion only, but I dont like the idea of the Grand Final determining the Champions?. Featherstone Rovers have won the league and they are the Champions ( end of ). why have a money spinning play off , it would take the shine off if you dont win the GF, what happens if half your team are injured at the end of the season ?.

( as for football for example Chelsea. Man Utd . Spurs, Arsenal etc did not play off to find out who were the Premier Champions ?)

I know what your saying but had there been no play off and and no promotion the day we had at Batley even though a great day it was would of been it. Now with the play offs we have the potential to get to a final and take a potential 5,000 fans and hopefully keep a few for next season and keep the club on a roll

Bravo Steph Overton, I could not have put this better myself, both myself and Terry agree with you

Im Fev and im proud

I can fully understand why the club are doing this, the F factor is a way of the club generating money and they need to sell tickets, the announcement that the Shield will be presented may just sell a few more. I dont think it will do the club any good at all if people rubbish the F Factor in public. Its events like these that allow us to sign the players that we do and if these events arnt well attended then players will have to go and that is from a good source. I cant make the F Factor and attend nearly all Rovers games but if i miss the shield presented but the F Factor is well attended then il settle for that, i dont want to go back to seeing the performances of a few years ago, no way.

Bang on suggy!

I know that this is a 'free' forum for folk to post more or less, as they wish.

However, trashing functions like this serves no positives whatsoever. The club cannot function on gate money alone and need to explore all revenue streams. This is seen as a potential good earner where the club are looking to maximise their earning potential. I'm in agreement suggy. We need nights like this to be publicised and "talked up". If it's not your cup of tea, c'est la vie. We'll all live with that. But being mindful of suggy's insight here, income from this and other sources provides the BoD with the opportunities to sign the players that have delivered us the championship! I'd prefer that to continue.

Think we are the only supporters to get upset about winning something lol.

This is the club using its success to market and promote an event everyone should keep their eye on the real prize, which if you are a supporter and if the team is good enough will be presented on the 26th September at Warrington

Would love to know where people think the club get the money from to sign the players that we have, because it isnt from the crowds we generate, im pretty sure if 4,000 fans came to the Barrow game to watch the shield presentation then it wouldnt be presented at the F Factor the day before, like wise if the F Factor had been sold out the day before then the shield wouldnt have to be presented to try and sell it out. The club lost at least 50k with the postponed friendlies and what with the rail cup postponments and the Widnes game clashing with the world cup game the club has lost thousands this year, i admire the way they are trying to claw it back. After all it will be presented at the Barrow game so are we really that bothered about who sees it 1st, or would we rather be the 1st to see the shield presented but maybe lose a player. I know which i choose

Bang on suggy!

I know that this is a 'free' forum for folk to post more or less, as they wish.

However, trashing functions like this serves no positives whatsoever. The club cannot function on gate money alone and need to explore all revenue streams. This is seen as a potential good earner where the club are looking to maximise their earning potential. I'm in agreement suggy. We need nights like this to be publicised and "talked up". If it's not your cup of tea, c'est la vie. We'll all live with that. But being mindful of suggy's insight here, income from this and other sources provides the BoD with the opportunities to sign the players that have delivered us the championship! I'd prefer that to continue.

People aren't rubbishing the F Factor or other fundraising events Robin, people understand we need to diversify and generate money from as many income streams as possible. All that folk are saying (I think) is that they think the league shield should be presented first in front of the supporters who go to games i.e. at the Barrow game rather than F Factor. To me that isn't slagging the F Factor event off or being negative about it?

It was not Steph's intention to trash the F-Factor. After all, we have tickets and we will be volunteering on the day to make sure it goes well.

I think the point is though that there are two different audiences and the RL trophy is for the fans of the team, most of which will not be at F-Factor.

Let me repeat, F-Factor - Great initiative. I really hope it works and continues.

League Leaders trophy, should be presented on the field at a Rugby Game.

No trashing of the club from the Overton household, just putting a fans perspective. Should we not speak if we don't agree?

Edited by Ovo

Anything I post is a personal opinion

Of course you should Martin.

It's the terms 'wate of money', 'poxy x-factor cast offs' that I was refering to - for the reasons I give I thought it was unnecessary. But as I said, if anyone wished to make such comment and believe it won't affect the club or is ambivalent with regards to describing a club function in those terms, then fair do's - as I said, it's a 'free forum'!!

I wasn't referring to Steph's post Martin, and given the time and effort you two put in at rovers, it would bedaft for anyone to suggest so! Perhaps I should have quoted - rushed post as someone actually wanted me to do some work!!!!

Edited by Robin Evans