League Leaders Sheild! Big News

MIss_chief

My opinion is that we need to save celebrations until we have won the Grand Final. Its nice finishing top of the league, but as with the Super League and the NRL the Champions are those which win the Grand Final.

I can't stand the X factor type music, but hope that plenty of people turn up to raise a few quid for the club..

Steven Ashton

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you should Martin.

It's the terms 'wate of money', 'poxy x-factor cast offs' that I was refering to - for the reasons I give I thought it was unnecessary. But as I said, if anyone wished to make such comment and believe it won't affect the club or is ambivalent with regards to describing a club function in those terms, then fair do's - as I said, it's a 'free forum'!!

I wasn't referring to Steph's post Martin, and given the time and effort you two put in at rovers, it would bedaft for anyone to suggest so! Perhaps I should have quoted - rushed post as someone actually wanted me to do some work!!!!

Fair points mate... agree about the negative comments relating to the event itself.

It might be a bit weird for the team actually.... much of the crowd probably will not be that excited to see the trophy presentation. It is hard to predict the reaction.

Anything I post is a personal opinion

I've worked at most of these events - party on the pitch, etc - and for the most part they are attended by FEV fans and Featherstone people so why not give the event an extra boost? I hope it's a roasting hot day and lots of people turn up and have a great time spending all their money on booze and food. Having been at most of them, it's not only about the music, most people used it as an excuse to have a picnic and a get together with friends and family. It also represents a good opportunity for ROVERS to get some much needed income.

For me the job of winning the league is done and it's time to turn our attention to the next challenge which is the play-offs. Then it will be time to look towards next season. As the great Ellery Hanley once said. "Once you've done the job it's history and time to look to the next challenge".

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I too want the F factor show to be a huge sucess and after all the hard work, it certainly deserves to be. I also want the hard working and loyal fans to have their part in following the team/club all season recognised. We DO need the type of show which is being put on on Saturday, it is NEITHER pointless nor a waste of space, it is , as many have remarked, another way od generating income for the club, a vital one at that too. To keep generating income is part and parcel of the new "rules" for applying for Super League, so it all ties in. I don't particularly like the fact that the "Trophy" is being presented to an audience which may not be representative of our club, but that audience will bring in much needed income streams to help the club go forward. The main thing is, We've achieved 50% of what we started out to do, the biggest fight is now on after the 22nd August, that's to reach the Grand Final and hopefully win it. Let's put our energies into that, let's show the RFL that we mean business, let's show the rugby league World, that Featherstone Rovers are here and we are not going away. As for the shield ? who cares ? the record books show we won it that's what really matters.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

It was not Steph's intention to trash the F-Factor. After all, we have tickets and we will be volunteering on the day to make sure it goes well.

I think the point is though that there are two different audiences and the RL trophy is for the fans of the team, most of which will not be at F-Factor.

Let me repeat, F-Factor - Great initiative. I really hope it works and continues.

League Leaders trophy, should be presented on the field at a Rugby Game.

No trashing of the club from the Overton household, just putting a fans perspective. Should we not speak if we don't agree?

Fev kid trashed it Martin saying "###### and waste of money" Course you should speak if you dont agree otherwise theres no point having a fans forum, i respect both you and Stephs views just dont agree this time, but that doesnt mean im right

the more i think about this the worse it get

it really seems like the club is giving a big two fingers and a tounge out to the fans who have spent hundreds of pounds this year following the Rovers. Surely we deserve to see the trophy lifted first....

thge club is effectivly saying if you wanna see it pay.....i feel hurt and insulted or the first time at the hands of the cub.

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

I've worked at most of these events - party on the pitch, etc - and for the most part they are attended by FEV fans and Featherstone people so why not give the event an extra boost? I hope it's a roasting hot day and lots of people turn up and have a great time spending all their money on booze and food. Having been at most of them, it's not only about the music, most people used it as an excuse to have a picnic and a get together with friends and family. It also represents a good opportunity for ROVERS to get some much needed income.

For me the job of winning the league is done and it's time to turn our attention to the next challenge which is the play-offs. Then it will be time to look towards next season. As the great Ellery Hanley once said. "Once you've done the job it's history and time to look to the next challenge".

The Concert is a bit different from the POTP as it is a standing concert with a Stage towards the POR end with bars and refreshments around the ground and pitchside towards the Railway End which will have a bit of a sit down area. Not quite Glastonbury but a start.... own food and drink is not allowed. A good day and night for the Club and those coming down. F Factor Finals in the afternoon with some top quality artistes along with fun activities for the kids.

Storm in a teacup or what!!

What does it really matter to any of us how the club wish to promote it's success, yes we do spend hundreds of pounds following but that doesnt give us the right to dictate anything to the club, the club is run by professional people who know the game they are playing and are just capitalising on the success of the team, a team that some of them invest many many thousands of pounds into! They could present it forty times wherever they like if it benefits the club, so long as i see the lads holding it aloft on the 22nd then whats the problem? I will still cheer this fantastic group of guys just as loud, guys who have brought me endless thrills throughout the season!! We won the League!!! Up the Rovers and all who sail in her!!

We have all moaned about the lack of publicity the club's efforts have attracted, I am not in favour of Trophies won throughout the season being awared at events which do not include the loyal fans. However, if the club can attract the publicity and demeanour through it, then we can focus on our sponsorships for next season, for our income streams for next season and for the long term future of the club. Now taking that into consideration which suits better showing the trophy to guests on Saturday first or attracting more income for next season? That's what it is all about, I don't feel snubbed, I feel that the club are looking after the future of the club, let's clear our minds and support them as we have done all year and thank God we have good people working hard to make us a sucess. Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

the more i think about this the worse it get

it really seems like the club is giving a big two fingers and a tounge out to the fans who have spent hundreds of pounds this year following the Rovers. Surely we deserve to see the trophy lifted first....

thge club is effectivly saying if you wanna see it pay.....i feel hurt and insulted or the first time at the hands of the cub.

Your allowed your opinion mate but it's an over-reaction to what as Mick H says is a storm in a tea-cup.

To say the club is putting two fingers up to it's fans is rubbish. How can you feel hurt and insulted by the club when they are just trying to get as much publicity as they can out of the situation. It's not that long ago people on this forum were complaining that we didn't get enough publicity

The main presentation will be on the 22nd and i'll be chuffed to bits to see it. I hope those at the F Factor enjoy it too.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

the club comes up with 2 big occasions for all to see and enjoy our long awaited success, and all some people do is moan ! ,if your not going to f factor which hopefully will be a great money spinner and chance to show new faces what we as a club are all about and how ambitious we are ,then like me a regular fan you get another big occasion v barrow to see a full presentation , your entitled to your opinions but what more do you want for gods sake

I will be drinking beer and cheering very loudly after the Barrow game. win lose or draw :D hopefully a good game tonight the first a team game i am able to attend this season

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

GARYS.gif

I can fully understand why the club are doing this, the F factor is a way of the club generating money and they need to sell tickets, the announcement that the Shield will be presented may just sell a few more. I dont think it will do the club any good at all if people rubbish the F Factor in public. Its events like these that allow us to sign the players that we do and if these events arnt well attended then players will have to go and that is from a good source. I cant make the F Factor and attend nearly all Rovers games but if i miss the shield presented but the F Factor is well attended then il settle for that, i dont want to go back to seeing the performances of a few years ago, no way.

Well posted and justified

Why are people nit picking on where and when the trophy should be paraded. I bet they'd all be stood in Station lane if was to be done on a open top bus. Why grumble? Go to both if you are that worried of missing out. Like someone said earlier ,most peopla attending F factor will be locals. Possibly a few Cas and Wakey fans might attend and won't they be envious. Lets stop moaning and being selfish and let the club have the day OR days that it richly deserves.

I will be drinking beer and cheering very loudly after the Barrow game. win lose or draw :D hopefully a good game tonight the first a team game i am able to attend this season

Yes, hopefully the bar will take record takings as people get goosed celebrating being league leaders. I will as usual be making my own contribution to the takings!

The players will get their medals and the proper presentation will be after the Barrow match.

So storm over?

Didnt know you received medals for winning the league leaders trophy. Cant remember Barrow receiving them last year when Des received the trophy.

Didnt know you received medals for winning the league leaders trophy. Cant remember Barrow receiving them last year when Des received the trophy.

No medals presented to Barrow...you will have to wait for your GF runners up medals :lol::lol::lol:

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

shall we make a night of it and end up in ponte carlo ?

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

shall we make a night of it and end up in ponte carlo ?

Will have to see what happens could end up face down at p.o.road :D:D

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

GARYS.gif

I cant see what all the fuss is about. Why are people so selfish they dont want to share the clubs success with anyone else in the community. I for one think this is great. I wasn't going to the F-Factor but now I am for 3 reasons,

1. To see the Champs

2. Putting money into the club

3. Will be nice to see Fev sign up a few more fans.

Milk it all you can thats what i say. Im just happy I celebrated after the Batley game, ill be celebrating after F-Factor, after Barrow game and fingers crossed the GF and the trophy home bringing.

If you want to be selfish then so be it but dont try making the club feel guilty because of it.

The real celebration will begin on 22nd of august, as that is when the season is over and there are no more games for any club to play. This is when we have won the league.

just my opinion.

I cant see what all the fuss is about. Why are people so selfish they dont want to share the clubs success with anyone else in the community. I for one think this is great. I wasn't going to the F-Factor but now I am for 3 reasons,

1. To see the Champs

Milk it all you can thats what i say. Im just happy I celebrated after the Batley game, ill be celebrating after F-Factor, after Barrow game and fingers crossed the GF and the trophy home bringing.

If you want to be selfish then so be it but dont try making the club feel guilty because of it.

The real celebration will begin on 22nd of august, as that is when the season is over and there are no more games for any club to play. This is when we have won the league.

just my opinion.

Someone speaking sense.

1. To see the Champs

just my opinion.

Im going to the F-Factor, at first i was going as a spectator, but now as a volunteer on the day as jobs need to be done, but im not really happy about the presentation of the shield been done there, and to be honest im not convinced it will bring in anymore fans to watch Rovers next season, but thats just my opinion, which ever way you look at it someone is not going to be happy whatever you do!

Im Fev and im proud