League Leaders Sheild! Big News

MIss_chief

im not convinced it will bring in anymore fans to watch Rovers next season

But, as the saying goes; nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The F-factor could not be any less my cup of tea, but that being said the people responsible for putting it together deserve a massive congratulations for what is a truly ambitious event for the club to host. The acts topping this bill are household names all across the UK and if this event doesn't pull some people in then it looks like nothing will.

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondered how Rhinos fans would react if a trophy of theirs was presented to team at Leeds Fest and what impact would that have for instance.?

Im Fev and im proud

i think the whole thinkin behind presententing it at the f factor as well is because there hopeing to have alot of press there giving us more publicaty for it

lets face it theres only going to be rugby papers at the barrow game and people who know rugby alredi know wot we have done this season

and everyones going to get to see it the full presentation as ive been told is going to be at barrow game its oni trophy being giving over this time out at barrow theres the full presentation of medals and trophy and full celebration so i dont see whats the matter tbh

when im cut i dont bleed red i bleed blue and white

Just wondered how Rhinos fans would react if a trophy of theirs was presented to team at Leeds Fest and what impact would that have for instance.?

Maureen the Rhinos attract 17,000 fans, we attract 2,000 on a good day you cant compare us with them.

We are at the standard we are because of a couple of people putting a lot of there own money into the club, they have spotted an opportunity to maybe attract some more fans / income for the club so maybe they dont have to dip into there own pockets as much. They then get criticised for doing so, if i was 1 of them i would think sod it and leave my money in my pocket that way the standard of player we sign will drop, so this problem wont happen again as we will never win another shield.

Edited by LOWFIELD

We were all complaining that we have not been given much media coverage for our success and now the club has cleverly grabbed a marketing opportunity to give us maximum exposure in the media people moan more.

At the end of the day if this venture gets us just 50 extra fans per game next season then I would say it was well worth it. Yes I would love to see the boys lift the shield the first time round but hey ho I cant make it till next sunday and seeing the lads celebrate then wont take any shine off the occassion as far as I am concerned.

The good men who have put their hands in their own pockets are taking us forward and I for one want to ride this train that they have made available. Excellent marketing decision making use of the F Factor. These fellas are clearly good eggs and have backed their words with actions. So I for one am more then happy to trust their judgement in the best ways to develop our club.

I am thankful we are in this position. What a nice problem to have eh?? One game left and been able to worry about when and where we first see the shield for topping the league.

UP THE ROVERS! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

The good men who have put their hands in their own pockets are taking us forward and I for one want to ride this train that they have made available. Excellent marketing decision making use of the F Factor. These fellas are clearly good eggs and have backed their words with actions. So I for one am more then happy to trust their judgement in the best ways to develop our club.

They know what there doing mate, they have done ok by us so far,

Edited by Maureen T-k
Text speak yet again

They know what there doing m8, they have done ok by us so far,

Exactly mate we haven't been disapointed so far and they have helped us finish top of the pile for the 1st time in 17 years. The last three years have seen huge steps in every department and who knows what the next three years will serve up. Widnes maybe front runners for the next franchise but hell we aren't half going some to get recognised ourselves. :D

It's a good job the likes of ANdy and Mark are made of different stuff to me, cos I might well be inclined to say sod it after reading this thread. Then we wouldn't be having this argument cos there'd be no league leaders sheild coming our way!!

The amount of money put into the club by those two makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up - it's frightening - well it is to me, and trust me, money stuff has frightened this sh_it out of me lately.

They are putting an event on like this to raise the clubs profile and get some more cash in, trying every trick in the book to address the issues re lost revenue from circumstances well beyond the clubs control ovder the season.

Without their efforts our club is nowhere!

I really just don't get this! We get to see the lads presented with the shield regardless!! What's that gripe???

I really just don't understand the mind set, particularly in these days when the @rse has fallen out of the worlds finances!!! We should explore every possible opportunity to maximise income generation. Some will succeed, some won't, but for the life of me I can't see what the fuss is about.

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

It's a good job the likes of ANdy and Mark are made of different stuff to me, cos I might well be inclined to say sod it after reading this thread. Then we wouldn't be having this argument cos there'd be no league leaders sheild coming our way!!

The amount of money put into the club by those two makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up - it's frightening - well it is to me, and trust me, money stuff has frightened this sh_it out of me lately.

They are putting an event on like this to raise the clubs profile and get some more cash in, trying every trick in the book to address the issues re lost revenue from circumstances well beyond the clubs control ovder the season.

Without their efforts our club is nowhere!

I really just don't get this! We get to see the lads presented with the shield regardless!! What's that gripe???

I really just don't understand the mind set, particularly in these days when the @rse has fallen out of the worlds finances!!! We should explore every possible opportunity to maximise income generation. Some will succeed, some won't, but for the life of me I can't see what the fuss is about.

ditto.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

When I 1st heard the news I was on my high horse until later realising the sheild would be re-presented at the Barrow game. Yes if its for the benefit of the club then I'm all for it, but with not attending the x-factor concert I'm still tinge'd with a bit of jealousy although I'll get my chance after the game next week.

(I wonder if they'd have been as much hype if the x-factor would have been the week after the Barrow game)??

I guess not :D

Featherstone Rovers RLFC Cahirman, Mark Campbell, has asked me to post that he will be doing the Hog Roast and BBQ at the F Factor tonight and that he will be available should anyone wish to discuss the plans for tonights events, including the timing of presentation of the shield!

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Featherstone Rovers RLFC Cahirman, Mark Campbell, has asked me to post that he will be doing the Hog Roast and BBQ at the F Factor tonight and that he will be available should anyone wish to discuss the plans for tonights events, including the timing of presentation of the shield!

i wouldn't like to be the one trying to grill Mark Campbell at the BBQ.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

This thread has totally gone OTT.

If the original poster had made it clear that there will be two presentations, I think that reactions would have been different, I originally questioned it because all there was, was a link to an article on the website and no reference to a presentation at the Barrow game.

F Factor will be a great event for the club, and I hope there will be more events in the future to bring in funds for Rovers.

Mark and Andy have brought this club on in leaps and bounds, with ever increasing obstacles being presented by the RFL. The fact we have won the league and speculation about top players coming to the club is testament to their efforts.

All we need now is clearer and better communication between the club and the supporters.

NL2 GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2007

CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS 2010

Championship Winners 2011

Championship Champions 2011

This whole thread was started by someone throwing a wobbly and assuming that the F. Factor was going to take pride of place regarding the shield presentation. Let's get real. I don't mind who we display it to, prior to the Barrow game. It's a proud moment and I would not have objected if someone had decided to take it from pub to pub just to show the Club's achievment.

The more the merrier I say.

Edited by Bob Crowther

the misses has just been chatting with DP in the VIP lounge and there is only him, Stu dickens and morrison there, he said he has gave the team a few days off, so it seems the big presentation will be after Barrow game. Although i dont see a problem really with advertising the Fact we have won the league to 1000's who dont normally visit post office road. Maybe they will see what they are missing out on :)

About one thousand

That's a cracking turnout in my opinion. I'd been wondering how many would turn out, coz though I've no desire to be there tonight, I'd love to see that sort of event making good money for the club and opening the door to potential new fans and/or sponsors.

Back to the original post, I can't say I ever viewed it as us fans not being able to see the team collect the trophy, and hope that a good crowd will see the boys pick up the trophy, hopefully after a good win against Barrow.

Irrespective of how the rest of the season goes, as far as I am concerned all expectations have been exceeded, so a big thank you to all the support staff, coaches and directors for all the support, but most of all the players for a fantastic season. :D

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

That's a cracking turnout in my opinion. I'd been wondering how many would turn out, coz though I've no desire to be there tonight, I'd love to see that sort of event making good money for the club and opening the door to potential new fans and/or sponsors.

Back to the original post, I can't say I ever viewed it as us fans not being able to see the team collect the trophy, and hope that a good crowd will see the boys pick up the trophy, hopefully after a good win against Barrow.

Irrespective of how the rest of the season goes, as far as I am concerned all expectations have been exceeded, so a big thank you to all the support staff, coaches and directors for all the support, but most of all the players for a fantastic season. :D

Out of those 1000 people tonight 100 might give it a go at watching Fev; Well done Mark campbell and co;

A lot of the folk there had travelled with the finalists of the competition, whilst others were young girls who had come to scream at Lloyd Daniels, or just come for a good day out (which it was), the rest were Fev fans, and like i sais before, i dont think there were any potential fans going to be there. Darryl Powell had given the players time off, so naturally they wanted to spend it with their respective families, the ones that did turn up were, Stu Dickins, Iain Morrison and Liam Welham, so a big thank you to them.They even had Rob the groundsman up on stage along side Darryl and Peter Fox.

Im Fev and im proud