Catalans Dragons v Harlequins RL

ckn

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans
    • Harlequins
    • Draw

Looking forward to it as ever. Through adversity etc....

Anyone coming over from Blighty, come and say bonjour and buy me a beer!

Hope to see a bounce back from last week's game against the Wire, and hopefully Kevin Walters to give some of the young French lads a run out. Doubtless the ever combative Monsieur Guasch will have been on the case since Sunday.

Looking forward to it as ever. Through adversity etc....

Anyone coming over from Blighty, come and say bonjour and buy me a beer!

Hope to see a bounce back from last week's game against the Wire, and hopefully Kevin Walters to give some of the young French lads a run out. Doubtless the ever combative Monsieur Guasch will have been on the case since Sunday.

Look out for my friend Nicola who is going over with some Harlequins supporters for this one.

I guess the thought of going to Knowsley Road was too much of a turn-off B)

Fingers crossed Harlequins can get the win, but it'll be a hard one with the Dragons still hurting following the semi-final last week.

Les Catalans gagner par une forte marge dans leur dernier match contre les Harlequins. Mauvaises nouvelles pour le vouloir en anglais pour voir un jeu concurrentiel

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I don't know about "rightful place". Whoever wins will leapfrog over Salford, won't they? Each team just needs one win from their last three games to finish off the bottom of the pile. Is that incentive enough?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I don't know about "rightful place". Whoever wins will leapfrog over Salford, won't they? Each team just needs one win from their last three games to finish off the bottom of the pile. Is that incentive enough?

I appreciate what you are saying Tony but I really dont see a win here bearing in mind all that has gone before.

We have only won a handful of the last twenty or so I believe at home and our record in Perpy is hardly brilliant.

Also as Timtum says Bernard Guasch will have read them the riot act and unless they really have lost it since last weeks cup defeat can only see a comfortable home win.

Add to that almost certain defeats at Cas and without doubt at home to Warrington and that confirms the wooden spoon.

Double Post.

Edited by Spicer

I am more confident than seemingly anyone that Quins will win. They may lack the Cats' talent, but they are a driven, professional team who nearly beat an in form Crusaders last week. The Catalans are certainly capable of no longer caring after last week's deflating defeat, a coach on his way and numerous players winding down. I think Quins will win and win well.

I am more confident than seemingly anyone that Quins will win. They may lack the Cats' talent, but they are a driven, professional team who nearly beat an in form Crusaders last week. The Catalans are certainly capable of no longer caring after last week's deflating defeat, a coach on his way and numerous players winding down. I think Quins will win and win well.

You were half right. Harlequins won but they did not win well. They won 16-12. :O

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

I know it was tragic circumstances for Walters but he should have stayed in Australia. I'm afraid his appointment has, sadly, set the Dragons back 2 years.

I don't think Walters has set them back two years in the sense that it will take them two years to return to their best potential. Walters certainly lost them two years.

In 2009 they only made the finals because of Greg Bird and the anger of the Chairman one afternoon.

M. Guasch needs to think long and hard about who advised him to hire Walters in the first place. Then he needs to tell that fool or those fools never to call him again.

A good coach can restore and maximise the team's potential. But it will take at least the retention of Clint Greenshields, along with the French pack, Dimitri Pelo, and Thomas Bosc, to bring them back to their rightful place -- in the playoffs at a minimum, and probably in the top five (alongside Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens).

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

I don't think Walters has set them back two years in the sense that it will take them two years to return to their best potential. Walters certainly lost them two years.

In 2009 they only made the finals because of Greg Bird and the anger of the Chairman one afternoon.

M. Guasch needs to think long and hard about who advised him to hire Walters in the first place. Then he needs to tell that fool or those fools never to call him again.

A good coach can restore that potential. But it will take at least the retention of Clint Greenshields, along with the French pack nad Thomas Bosc, to bring them back to their rightful place -- in the playoffs at a minimum, and probably in the top five (alongside Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens).

Robinson is a huge gamble though PS and the scrum half he's signed from Newcastle is not very inspring.

Robinson is a huge gamble though PS and the scrum half he's signed from Newcastle is not very inspring.

Robinson is a gamble for sure, as is any new coach who has not been tested as head coach at the professional level. But whether it is huge or not I don't know because I don't know who recommended him.

Robinson apparently has some special technical skills. The issue though is whether he can inspire the team psychologically, as well as train them in the technical sense. Few coaches are good at both. Obviously Tony Smith, Michael McGuire and Justin Morgan are exemplars. Robinson's advantage over not only Walters but also Potter is that he speaks French and has lived in France for several years. He should have a good impact on the French players. But we will have to wait and see.

As for Scott Dureau I have not seen him play so I know nothing about him.

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

Hey, Spicer! What was that you were saying? All it needs now is for Cats to scrape a win from somewhere (mind you - God knows where!) and it's us at the bottom. Rightful place? Hands off it, mate! It's ours. :D :D :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Hey, Spicer! What was that you were saying? All it needs now is for Cats to scrape a win from somewhere (mind you - God knows where!) and it's us at the bottom. Rightful place? Hands off it, mate! It's ours. :D :D :D

:D :D Reckon you will be safe now from the spoon Tony. Cats will no doubt get it now Quins have managed to

scrape this victory. Look forward to wins at Cas and versus Wire now Quins are on the crest of a ripple. ;)

Clearly Mac must stay now. :P

Edited by Spicer