Wigan Warriors v Huddersfield Giants

ckn

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan
    • Huddersfield
    • Draw

Mason stood on Fielden's ankle - big deal. Fielden chose to act like a big prima donna mouthing off, he wasn't injured was he? He threw the first punch and ended up getting sin-binned. Victim of his own indiscipline. And then all the posing about on the touchline. Laughable.

Should every player who gets tackled round the head/neck by Sean O'Loughlin (practically every tackle) carry on like Fielden? No it's not football it's rugby, get up and get on with it.

Wonder how Fielden would react if it was Willie Mason who'd stood on his ankle......

Think Huddersfield just showed more variety and invention in their play despite Wigan's territorial dominance. Seems Wigan's tactics are to steamroller the opposition, but if that doesn't work out there's no plan B.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a grip man, leave that stuff to the BOAB Apart from the stamp from Mason it was pretty even.

Mason could have been shown red for the stamp.

I hope these two teams face each other in the play-offs because Fielden vs Mason part two will be worth it.

Mason stood on his ankle, he didn't stamp on him, there's a big difference. Fielden was not injured at all by it, he stood up straight away.

O'Loughlin's head/neck tackling is a disgrace, Coley threw some cheap shots..all as bad, should they be sent off as well?

just waiting a little longer for the league leaders hubcap, which will be the only thing they will win this term..seem to be bottling at the wrong time..Saints/Leeds final anyone :P:P:P

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

just waiting a little longer for the league leaders hubcap, which will be the only thing they will win this term..seem to be bottling at the wrong time..Saints/Leeds final anyone :P:P:P

You do know which side they are lifting it against don't you :O:O:D

I ain't heard no fat lady.

It's a long shot but there are still 2 games to go.

Points difference of 106

Hull Kr to beat Wigan by 2, and Bradford to have Christmas come early and create a miracle.

Ok I'm kidding myself, but still hope springs eternal, we just have to apply the pressure by beating Crusaders and Castleford by 60 ish, no points in reply.

Oh come on I can dream of the hubcap can't I.

It's all about da bass

I found it rather irritating that the Sky team gave the impression that Wigan were somehow awesome, and that Hudds were there just to make up the numbers. I don't think Clarky was too happy at having to explain 'how Huddersfield won it'.

I can't see Wigan going on to take the big prize.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Huddersfield deserved the win in the end, wanted it more and took their chances - Wigan bombed too many opportunities first half and were made to pay. Hopefully the kick up the butt that Wigan need - if we lose the next two games then we wouldn't deserve to finish top anyway.

Hardly going to worry, I've not got a memory like a goldfish like some - funny how one poor performance makes us bottlers and can erase from some people's memories the two dominant away victories to playoff sides in the previous two rounds. We'll be there or thereabouts in the playoffs, but I still think that its a year too early for us to go all the way. Hope I'm wrong.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Congratulations to Huddersfield for winning the award for the biggest shiwer of shithouses to turn up at the JJB for ages.

Late tackles, tackling without the ball, laying on, lying offside, and that's without even mentioning Mason.

Oh, and their fans stared a fight in the East Stand for good measure.

A ###### disgrace.

Well done.

I missed the fight. Who won?

An interesting game.

One team missing a few players, against a team with a few players returning from injury. In the end, it was a victory for guts, composure, brute force and and brain. Wigan played some good stuff but struggled at times when game intelligence was required, particularly in the second half, when Hudds had more ball than in the first forty.

Some of the HRLFC players looked rusty and a bit off the pace, especially in the first half, or should that be the first "stanza." I thought Hudds poor kicking put them under pressure at first and they did well to make the tackles required by the imbalance in territory and possession.

I doubt that the intelligent Wigan fans will be too concerned about some of the physical stuff and desperate measures from Hudds, as they will be familiar over the years with their own players having such a keenness to win and being competitive in the tackle and ruck area and being forceful when they are under pressure.

Great stuff from Sam Tompkins going forward. It's good to see him playing at full back and influencing the game as an extra half-back. Food for thought for S McNamara. He could learn a lot from Brett Hodgson about passing in key areas, although he has a bit more pace!

S Fielden seemed to get a bit upset about Mason's foul play. He needs to avoid people called Mason. Perhaps he should eschew involvement with his local trouser lifting lodge. Mason deserves a ban. Fielden has been playing well, although he will need to be a bit calmer than tonight, if he is to play in the Four Nations, otherwise he will be a target for the opposition hard men. It was gracious of N Brown to pay tribute to S Fielden after the game.

Overall, one of the most entertaining and intense games of the season, if very scrappy at times. It's good to see the underdogs win in these encounters, when many have predicted a comfortable home victory. Having said that, the result at the Galpharm, when Hudds were going through a bad patch, perhaps indicated they the Fartowners were likely to be competitive tonight.

I like Phil Clarke, but he seems to have expected a stroll for the men in the famous Cherry and White hoops tonight and he made this very clear at times. I suppose that he has plenty to learn as a broadcaster, albeit he referred in the first half to the variety of attacking moves and kicks that Hudds use when they manage to have the ball for any length of time, but he became a bit quiet towards the end of the game.

Anyway, given Wigan's remaining fixtures, they should be able to finish top of the table. Well deserved.

mason is a disgrace and should be banned he stood on both of fieldens ankles deliberately, i am all for good legal hard play but that was cheap, just because there was no damage doesn't mean he should get off.

wigan should have been out of sight in the first half, and would have been but for two shocking pieces of foul play on tomkins.

Edited by my missus

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

sp: sight, doesn't.

If my auntie was my uncle we'd go bowling. As it is, she's my auntie so she bakes cake. Good cake. PM me, I'll sort you some, it might take the edge off those grapes.

thanks for the spelling lesson, you don't get out much do you?

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

thanks for the spelling lesson, you don't get out much do you?

Im guessing hes had a great night :lol:

As for both ankles, where were you looking, clearly one but both, give up

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

yep i have just watched again and he shtands on both ankles abshdefinately.............................

Look thru both eyes, masons right leg onto fieldens left ankle

Either way, not called for

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Well done to Huddersfield. They looked pretty good to me. Wigan were pretty weak in the 3/4s, esp when Carmont went off, and the opposition exploited it well. We could do with McIllorum and Prescott fit, as well as Gleeson and Goulding and Roberts back - all of them are pretty close. That line up won't win at OT, but we will get some of our 10 injured players back in time.

The league table remains a source of considerable comfort.

Be interesting to see whether the Giants can improve on their abject displays in the play offs last year. They could upset someone in round 2.

Leeds must be feeling pretty confident of the double just now I'd say.

Mason stood on his ankle, he didn't stamp on him, there's a big difference. Fielden was not injured at all by it, he stood up straight away.

O'Loughlin's head/neck tackling is a disgrace, Coley threw some cheap shots..all as bad, should they be sent off as well?

Another person who has fallen headlong into the "Lockers can only tackle around the head" trap.

Open both eyes, watch the game, and form your own opinions, not those of your mates.

Ultimately this result won't stop Wigan winning the hubcap, but what it will do is put a bit of doubt into their minds and show other teams that they need not fear going to the pie dome in the play off's.

As for Mason, standing on the ankle of another player is a cheap shot and he should get a ban for that but it acheieved exactly what he set out to do which was completely put Fielden off his game

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions