mind games

jamescolin

Did you see Bootsnall. Clarke was going into raptures about performance of players after some mind improvement sessions. Rovers don't spend money going down that road. I have been there took the courses and will take sessions for expenses. As Emile Coue used to say:'Day by day in every way I get better and better.' It is not hypnotism but mind reorganisation and reprogramming. Improves confidence and gets rid of negative thoughts. Consultation times............. See you Col.

Did you see Bootsnall. Clarke was going into raptures about performance of players after some mind improvement sessions. Rovers don't spend money going down that road. I have been there took the courses and will take sessions for expenses. As Emile Coue used to say:'Day by day in every way I get better and better.' It is not hypnotism but mind reorganisation and reprogramming. Improves confidence and gets rid of negative thoughts. Consultation times............. See you Col.

I'd rather keep taking the tablets!

Im Fev and im proud

as long as its not the same person who tried it with wildcats......the next game after.. they got hammered 58-6 at the giants....must have seen some easy money!!!

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

Best way to improve the mindset of players is to have someone pushing for their place then if they don't perform they're dropped.

Please don't think I am recommending it. But according to Clarkie some clubs are doing it already and seeing big improvements. I just didn't want silly money being paid out. Not that we would, but some clubs seem to be going down that road. Controversial.

Neuro linguistic programming is a better option, tranceformation by bandler and grinder is a great read

Nice one Lorne. Self awareness and effective communication. But insufficient empirical evidence. Blows your mind, but I guess somebody will get a bob or two out of the 'latest' idea for advancement of RL. NLP been around since 1970's. Like I said they are saying it is all new, but it isn't.

positive mental attitude, thats all ya need, or any other buzz words you can think of. was told a story by an ex fev player once of peter foxs team talk at cas, he held a shirt up said this is what you're playing for and walked out of the room , pure class

Let's be clear about this. It is not about determination or spirit or positive mental attitude. It is about visualisation and reprogramming of the mind. The way it works is that if improvement is wanted by a player in a particular area the player concerned visualises the way he wants to do a particular thing in a relaxed state. Eventually after reprogramming his mind his passes in theory become longer and more accurate (if that is what he visualises) his tackles become stronger, his side step becomes more effective. Whatever he visualises become better. That is the theory, it is about changing the sub consciuos so that it effects the consciousness into making changes in to the way the player operates in a particular way. You do of course have to totally accept and believe it will alter your performance. If you go into it in a non positive way it will not work. That's the trheory anyway. It will work for some others it wont.

Let's be clear about this. It is not about determination or spirit or positive mental attitude. It is about visualisation and reprogramming of the mind. The way it works is that if improvement is wanted by a player in a particular area the player concerned visualises the way he wants to do a particular thing in a relaxed state. Eventually after reprogramming his mind his passes in theory become longer and more accurate (if that is what he visualises) his tackles become stronger, his side step becomes more effective. Whatever he visualises become better. That is the theory, it is about changing the sub consciuos so that it effects the consciousness into making changes in to the way the player operates in a particular way. You do of course have to totally accept and believe it will alter your performance. If you go into it in a non positive way it will not work. That's the trheory anyway. It will work for some others it wont.

When i was playing, only amateur mind, the only mental preperation i needed was half an hour on the toilet. It was a standard joke in our house, seriously if i got a good clear out i always had a good game, if i didnt i never played as good. Must of been all in the mind

When i was playing, only amateur mind, the only mental preperation i needed was half an hour on the toilet. It was a standard joke in our house, seriously if i got a good clear out i always had a good game, if i didnt i never played as good. Must of been all in the mind

suggy, senokot isn't on the list of banned substances. you wasted 29 minutes clearing your mind there mate.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

If a player requires a psychiatrist before a match, he shouldn't be on the field to start with.

We were told, "Tha either bucks up, or tha not laking next week". End of story.

Still, it provides employment for the "jobsworth"

I believe it depends on individuals as to how they deal with things. One aspect I used to teach is "distraction" techniques. These are used by people who have painful and chronic conditions. The idea is to substitute the feeling of pain by differential thinking. It is too complicated to go into on a forum here, but does it work ? The answer is Yes because I have to live with a chronic condition everyday and without it I couldn't manage. It's not about me, it's just an example that it might work for some , but not for others. Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.