Luke Burgess

hear hear

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Oh dear.

Hope all is well.

And a speedy recovery from what looks like a horrible collision.

Agree with that - good luck to the fella

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Broken jaw and out for the season according to Sam Burgess on Twitter.

Get well soon Luke.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I am no doctor but that is a broken jaw! Thats how it goes in RL, am sure McGuire & Sinfield can give him some words of encouragement regarding missing out of CC final.

Didn't like the young kid who put shot on jumping about after he dropped him, getting beat by 32, 2 mins left???????? But guess he is young and will learn that the game is hard enough without resorting to WWF showboating....... What goes around comes around.

Unlucky Biffa, lets hope Kobe do protein shakes for next few weeks............

post-20627-1281742764_thumb.jpg

I am no doctor but that is a broken jaw! Thats how it goes in RL, am sure McGuire & Sinfield can give him some words of encouragement regarding missing out of CC final.

Didn't like the young kid who put shot on jumping about after he dropped him, getting beat by 32, 2 mins left???????? But guess he is young and will learn that the game is hard enough without resorting to WWF showboating....... What goes around comes around.

Disagree with you tbh. Every shot should count, whether you are 30 up or 30 down.

He put a great hit in and it deserved celebrating. Once they realised there was an injury they behaved impecably.

Was just going to post about the reaction to the Burgess injury when I spotted your offering.

Walkers reaction was absolutely pathetic, and totally unprofessional. It wasn't even like it was a deliberate 'hit', simply an accidental collision. We don't want players jumping around and whooping like Rick Flair when an opposition player goes down with what might be a serious injury.

I expect that sort of behaviour in CMS Yorkshire League Division 4, not at the highest level of British RL.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Was just going to post about the reaction to the Burgess injury when I spotted your offering.

Walkers reaction was absolutely pathetic, and totally unprofessional. It wasn't even like it was a deliberate 'hit', simply an accidental collision. We don't want players jumping around and whooping like Rick Flair when an opposition player goes down with what might be a serious injury.

I expect that sort of behaviour in CMS Yorkshire League Division 4, not at the highest level of British RL.

Remember Walker is only 19 and has a lot to learn. Maybe he did not realise how badly burgess was hurt initially? When everyone realised he was badly hurt,no one was celebrating. It was an accidental collision,an attempt at a big hit that went wrong. Sad to see burgess will miss the cup final. As a wire fan I hope nothing similar happens to any of our players over the next fortnight.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Disagree with you tbh. Every shot should count, whether you are 30 up or 30 down.

He put a great hit in and it deserved celebrating. Once they realised there was an injury they behaved impecably.

100% agreed

as far as walker is concerned hes gone for a big hit and flattened a player in front of his home crowd for all he new burgess stayed down because of the shoulder charge, there is no better feeling for a prop than that. its like a winger scoring a full lengther or a kicker scoring a last min goal from touchline to win game. as soon as walker realised burgess was badly hurt he stopped celebrating

Edited by jackknife

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

100% agreed

a kicker scoring a last min goal from touchline to win game.

Were you at the KC last night??? ;)

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Watch again - he very very soon altered his behaviour when he saw the injury.

Stop being so pathetic

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Can I just say well done Student Ram and the other medical staff on the scene for their professionalism in dealing with Luke.

I hope Luke is up and about soon.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Can I just say well done Student Ram and the other medical staff on the scene for their professionalism in dealing with Luke.

I hope Luke is up and about soon.

Good to know one of our brethren was on hand - well done that man (bout time he changed his user name ;) )

Echo your words Chris - is there a doctor in the house is an old stage comedy line, but we all hope there is when things like this happen

Judging by Lukes posts on twitter he's up and about this morning, having broken his jaw in two places

Thanks for all ur messages guys...over 300 mentions and from fans of all different clubs,thats why our sport is one of the best in the world

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

It was a horrific looking injury. The pic about looks awful. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I'm with those not overly pleased by the kid's 'big hit' show-boating. If they want to do that sort of thing in the NRL then it's out of the way so the can make themselves look dumb. It needs to stay in the NRL. I hope it doesn't creep into RL in the UK. Patting your teammate on the back if they cause an opponant to spill the ball ('pop the pill'?) then that's fair enough but you don't need to jump about.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Hope he gets well quickly. A young player getting something like that can be a confidence nocker but he should be back stronger for it.

As to all this 'Walker is an idiot' ######, grow up. Noones complaining about Leeds bouncing up and down slapping each others backs about try saving tackles or putting someone in touch or whatever. Its a prop doing his job if just a little sloppy. How many times has Morley or Crabtree or another big Prop dropped someone and postured after it. At least he had the class to behave himself after it turned out the Injury was a bad one. The number of Leeds fans ive had to talk to today calling for the kids head after his dirty 'high shoulder shot' is rediculous. They cant even accept it was an accident nevermind the posing afterwards.

Hope he gets well quickly. A young player getting something like that can be a confidence nocker but he should be back stronger for it.

As to all this 'Walker is an idiot' ######, grow up. Noones complaining about Leeds bouncing up and down slapping each others backs about try saving tackles or putting someone in touch or whatever. Its a prop doing his job if just a little sloppy. How many times has Morley or Crabtree or another big Prop dropped someone and postured after it. At least he had the class to behave himself after it turned out the Injury was a bad one. The number of Leeds fans ive had to talk to today calling for the kids head after his dirty 'high shoulder shot' is rediculous. They cant even accept it was an accident nevermind the posing afterwards.

Try saving tackles or putting someone into touch is slightly different.Yes he did bounce up and down like he was Ali, yes it was an accidental clash of heads and EVERY fellow Leeds fan I have spoken to know it was an accidental clash of heads.The posing was a bit OTT but he soon stopped when he realised the seriousness of it.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

According to Luke on his twitter 8 hours ago

The op went well,the surgeon was a legend and he said he was really happy with how my jaw came back together.another nite in hospital tho!

He has another picture posted on there this morning, of the xray if you're inclined to have a look

Feels a bit strange taking info from there but it is in the public domain