Well done Hunslet

stuart56

Well done to The Hawks on gaining automatic promotion.

I don't know whose signed for next year but I look foward to seeing a selection of Steve Dooler, Tommy Haughey, Waine Pryce, Stuart Kain, James Houston, Wayne McHugh, Nathan Larvin, Richard Chapman and Neil Lowe, playing in another Local Derby next year.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

well done hunslet always a good game when we face them

however unless they do some smart recruitment and get in the gym they face a skid back down

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

well done hunslet always a good game when we face them

however unless they do some smart recruitment and get in the gym they face a skid back down

Our current squad is capable of competing in the Championship and with planned recruitment's we should be well equipped for the coming season. Looking forward to the Fev games there always crackers.

hunslethawks.gif

Of what was on show last week on Sky, I wouldn't expect them to be too competitive in the Championship and let's remember most of the ex-rovers players are ex for a reason.

As a club, are they going to offer more than Keighley or Whitehaven in terms of an away following and therefore raise the atmosphere, finances and occasion at all the grounds they travel too? Is there place any more enjoyable to visit for us fans? (Other than being a bit nearer than Whitehaven & Keighley and without the stupid stewards that Whitehaven have!) If we are heading towards two leagues as some would suggest, would you put Hunslet in ahead of Oldham or York for example?

Of what was on show last week on Sky, I wouldn't expect them to be too competitive in the Championship and let's remember most of the ex-rovers players are ex for a reason.

As a club, are they going to offer more than Keighley or Whitehaven in terms of an away following and therefore raise the atmosphere, finances and occasion at all the grounds they travel too? Is there place any more enjoyable to visit for us fans? (Other than being a bit nearer than Whitehaven & Keighley and without the stupid stewards that Whitehaven have!) If we are heading towards two leagues as some would suggest, would you put Hunslet in ahead of Oldham or York for example?

Yes because they have won promotion fair and square.

They have won their league fair and square, no doubt and they should be applauded for this, we know how tough this is to achieve, just not sure they will 'add' to the competition.

That's one of the arguments for abolishing P&R and denying the likes of Fev a pop at SL!!

You win, you're in! End of - well that's how it should be in my book! B)

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Dont worry about us, we will be fine ive no problems about this squad holding its own in the Championship, with a couple of more planned additions to the squad i would make us mid table at worst.Everyone judges us on one TV game against Worky when tbh we played poor, i just wish the cameras would have seen us the day we put 60 past Oldham or over 40 at Halifax to beat them in the Nat Rail Cup.

Don't get brainwashed by the Franchise Fascists, Hunslet came first, if Oldham or York could add to the competition they'd have finished 1st.

Cummins Out.

Are you for real?

hunslethawks.gif

I think that Hunslet have shown remarkable fortitude to come back from a nearly going out of business. Well Done to all concerned and I for one don't mind who now plays for them, but I do look forward to meeting " old" friends again. The players who won the title are Hunslet hawks players, not Featherstone Rovers discards, and very proud of their success they must feel. we as a club, can claim no credit for their victory, but as rugby league fans we should congratulate them.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

I think that Hunslet have shown remarkable fortitude to come back from a nearly going out of business. Well Done to all concerned and I for one don't mind who now plays for them, but I do look forward to meeting " old" friends again. The players who won the title are Hunslet hawks players, not Featherstone Rovers discards, and very proud of their success they must feel. we as a club, can claim no credit for their victory, but as rugby league fans we should congratulate them.

HERE,HERE

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).

ROVERS ROVERS

Thanks for the plaudits and all the helpful advice. Unfortunately our TV game was probably our worst display of the season.

Our sucess is down to our coach Paul March, and

the club for giving him the players he wanted, -- they may be all ex York, and ex Rovers but they wanted to come and play for him.

We know it will be hard next season but thats what we are in the game for.

Today it's good to see Featherstone and Hunslet at the top of the two Championship Divisions.

Yes we will offer more than both Keighley and Whitehaven,

1 Local Derby for you

2 We will bring 300 to post office road like we always have

3 Our ground has some of the best facilities in the division

4 Our History

5 The fact we WON our league

5 The fact we DESERVE to be in the Championship next season

I wonder how you will respond when Cas and Wakey ask the same questions about Fev?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

They have won their league fair and square, no doubt and they should be applauded for this, we know how tough this is to achieve, just not sure they will 'add' to the competition.

It is exactly comments like yours from super league fans why i have no interest in the game, what do you mean will they add to the competition, Hunslet have a far greater history than even ours, they got kicked in the teeth once by Gary Hetherington because he didnt want them going up diluting Leeds Rhinos support. Hunslet have every right to progress and have earned the right, they will add just as much to the championship as Rovers or any other club for that matter

For the life of me ill never understand the comment '<5th place team> will add more to the Super League/ Championship than <champions> because of their ground/location etc', it just doesn't make sense.

People in the Rugby League fraternity have lost sight of what sport actually is, its performed on grass, not the board room or how many empty plastic seats you can offer.

Cummins Out.

For the life of me ill never understand the comment '<5th place team> will add more to the Super League/ Championship than <champions> because of their ground/location etc', it just doesn't make sense.

People in the Rugby League fraternity have lost sight of what sport actually is, its performed on grass, not the board room or how many empty plastic seats you can offer.

Spot on Matt, at times i hate this sport. If it wasn't for FEV i wouldn't give a toss about it. And comments like those from Rovers2010 just make it worse. And before someone reminds me they are allowed their opinion, i know they are, doesn't stop it being UTTER RUBBISH.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

i remember going down to post office road to watch a challenge cup game between Sharlston Rovers and Dewsbury i certainly know what that game added to the competition a gate of 2000 a great game of rugby league and a great result for the underdog so get off your high horse and lets here it for the underdog the Hunslet Hawks Champions in their own right.

chappy

i remember going down to post office road to watch a challenge cup game between Sharlston Rovers and Dewsbury i certainly know what that game added to the competition a gate of 2000 a great game of rugby league and a great result for the underdog so get off your high horse and lets here it for the underdog the Hunslet Hawks Champions in their own right.

chappy

Yes we will offer more than both Keighley and Whitehaven,

1 Local Derby for you

2 We will bring 300 to post office road like we always have

3 Our ground has some of the best facilities in the division

4 Our History

5 The fact we WON our league

5 The fact we DESERVE to be in the Championship next season

I wonder how you will respond when Cas and Wakey ask the same questions about Fev?

Asolutely right, don't tar all Featherstone fans with the same brush. What a team needs to 'bring to the competition' is finishing top and thus earning the right to promotion, nothing more, nothing less. This appalling 'management-speak' which has crept into our sport is, quite frankly, sickening.

Asolutely right, don't tar all Featherstone fans with the same brush. What a team needs to 'bring to the competition' is finishing top and thus earning the right to promotion, nothing more, nothing less. This appalling 'management-speak' which has crept into our sport is, quite frankly, sickening.

Well said Steve, bring back the good old days when you were judged on how good your team was over a league season!

Like i always, say if its good enough for the English football Premiership its god enough for Rugby League, Blackpool FC would have never have been given the chance they have this season if they were playing our sport and that cant be right, look at there first league game at Wigan, they went there and won 3-0, they might not win an other game but they have been given the opportunity and the club and its supporters lived the dream for that one day! That will never happen to any of us and it makes me sick and drives the average fan away from the clubs and the sport! Why shouldn't Fev, Hunslet or any other club in our sport be given that same opportunity of living the dream for one season and maybe going to Headingley or the Jungle and pulling off an upset?

YOU KILL THE DREAM , YOU KILL THE CLUBS!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"