gateshead ? whats the point

gateshead last seven games conceded 60+ points, also conceded

132 points against blackpool earlier in season. speaks volumes for

rfl expansion. enough said !

Could say the same about a number of "heartland" clubs who have gone into administration recently. I won't name them all but we know who they are. Management that couldn't run an ice cream stall at the seaside, journeyman players, no development, poor community links, a few hundred fans maximum.

So much for the traditional areas. Enough said!

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Could say the same about a number of "heartland" clubs who have gone into administration recently. I won't name them all but we know who they are. Management that couldn't run an ice cream stall at the seaside, journeyman players, no development, poor community links, a few hundred fans maximum.

So much for the traditional areas. Enough said!

wakefield trinity wildcats

Whats the point of RL in the great scheme of things? It's just 26 blokes running round a field.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

whats the point in eating to stay alive. we are all going to die someday. enough said.

What's the point of spending thousands year after year going to watch the Bulls when you know the referee is going to spoil the game.

What's the point of spending thousands year after year going to watch the Bulls when you know the referee is going to spoil the game.

because like me you love your club and you love the game :D

i'm sure that the next time Gateshead play at home people will go to watch then because they love the club and love the game.

Gateshead got dumped on big time 10 yrs ago, and never recovered, but somehow never died.

The fact they are still raising a team is a credit to them, though they need to get more fans, and more backing to become competitors again.

Don't forget, they could have gone up and Leigh gone down last year, but for the (maybe half expected) financial issues.

The point is, there's a small hard core of die hards flying the flag up there, maybe one day they will be rewarded again.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

because like me you love your club and you love the game :D

i'm sure that the next time Gateshead play at home people will go to watch then because they love the club and love the game.

Like I said to a fellow Bulls supporter on Friday at Knowsley Road who was shouting abuse at the players, "I've seen much worse performances then the ones that we've seen this year and you can't expect to win everything in sight and sport is all about the ups and the downs"

Gateshead got dumped on big time 10 yrs ago, and never recovered, but somehow never died.

The fact they are still raising a team is a credit to them, though they need to get more fans, and more backing to become competitors again.

Don't forget, they could have gone up and Leigh gone down last year, but for the (maybe half expected) financial issues.

The point is, there's a small hard core of die hards flying the flag up there, maybe one day they will be rewarded again.

It's a shame what happend to them over the Hull fiasco.

But like you say Bill, it's good and very heart warming to see 300 loyal supporters still flying the flag for Rugby League in the North East and this where the RFL have missed a trick in not taking the Magic round to Newcastle.

Just shows the retarded mentality were going up against. What's the point in anything that isn't immediately successful? Let's just go back to semi-pro and play the Grand Final at Post Office Road.

You are Marvin the Paranoid Android and I claim my...oh, what's the point.

If you have to ask, you'll never understand.

Could they not try to get some sort of partnership going on with Newcastle Falcons a little bit like Leeds Rugby Ltd? I think Newcastle Falcolns could help Gateshead Thunder out financially but have Thunder anything to offer the Union club? In an idea situation a few of the Union 3rds or Academy players would be able to play the CC1 season for Thunder a month either side of the Union pre-season/end-of-season. But unfortunately that's not 'allowed' at pro/semi-pro level which seems daft.

Edited by HappyDave

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Could they not try to get some sort of partnership going on with Newcastle Falcons a little bit like Leeds Rugby Ltd? I think Newcastle Falcolns could help Gateshead Thunder out financially but have Thunder anything to offer the Union club? In an idea situation a few of the Union 3rds or Academy players would be able to play the CC1 season for Thunder a month either side of the Union pre-season/end-of-season. But unfortunately that's not 'allowed' at pro/semi-pro level which seems daft.

It's not daft because the seasons overlap and the last thing we need is pro clubs scratching

they got promoted a few years ago. that was a massive achievement. its just a bad year

Not really they had one year where they bankrupt themselves for the 4th or 5th time allegedly breaking the salary cap and now they can't bring in Aussies. Better to play in a lower league til the locals areready to step up but not sure they'll be around much longer

Edited by bowes

Not really they had one year where they bankrupt themselves for the 4th or 5th time allegedly breaking the salary cap and now they can't bring in Aussies. Better to play in a lower league til the locals areready to step up but not sure they'll be around much longer

They fell into the well trodden path of money man coming in then withdrawing himself and his money 18 months (or so) later. The people at the club are genuine rl folk that had little to do with past spending, they need and deserve our support. The club's immediate future is as the pinnacle of a local pyramid for jarrow, peterlee etc; which would not cost the earth but underpins development in the area.

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

You seem to be forgetting that the team that thrashed Gateshead (Skolars) are an expansion side. Had they been thrashed by a heartlands side then you might have a point (albeit a small one).

Also whilst it is debatable as to whether Blackpool is an expansion area, it is certainly not a heartlands one.

Had a rare trip to Skolars yesterday. No shortage of effort or desire from the Gateshead side.

Well done to the loyal 16 or so that travelled down chanting and encouraging their side from start to

finish. It made the atmosphere.

Hope someone from Quins was on hand watching Skolars Sam Gee.

Seems far to good for that level.

The club's immediate future is as the pinnacle of a local pyramid for jarrow, peterlee etc; which would not cost the earth but underpins development in the area.

I agree but what level should that team be playing at? Can't be doing them nay favours shipping 60+ points every week