Featherstone Rovers vs Halifax RLFC

Is it just me who is looking forward to this play-off game on Thursday the 9th of September at Post Office Road after Halifax's win at the Shay today over Batley confirmed them to finish no lower than second?

I think if this fixture is promoted to the hilt then there could very well be a crowd of around 4,500/5,000 at the game.

The only problem I forsee is that both Featherstone and Halifax will not have played a game for nearly three weeks by the time this Grand Final Qualifier takes place under the Sky Sports cameras.

So it's going to be key just how both sides keep their match fitness up to scratch with such a long layoff.

I guess the positive is that it allows both sides to get the players that are out injured, back in time for this important fixtutre but the negative has to be that both sides could be pretty rusty.

I won't make any predictions for this game other than that I see this as a Grand Final dress rehearsal.

Is it just me who is looking forward to this play-off game on Thursday the 9th of September at Post Office Road after Halifax's win at the Shay today over Batley confirmed them to finish no lower than second?

I think if this fixture is promoted to the hilt then there could very well be a crowd of around 4,500/5,000 at the game.

The only problem I forsee is that both Featherstone and Halifax will not have played a game for nearly three weeks by the time this Grand Final Qualifier takes place under the Sky Sports cameras.

So it's going to be key just how both sides keep their match fitness up to scratch with such a long layoff.

I guess the positive is that it allows both sides to get the players that are out injured, back in time for this important fixtutre but the negative has to be that both sides could be pretty rusty.

I won't make any predictions for this game other than that I see this as a Grand Final dress rehearsal.

All pay, Thursday night, there will be 2,500 there tops. However, it should be a great game.

All pay, Thursday night, there will be 2,500 there tops. However, it should be a great game.

I don't think it'll be that low mate.

Halifax took over around 700 last year to the Sky live Thursday fixture and the crowd was 2,800 so you have to say that the crowd for this will be better.

Anyhow here is to a truly great game of Rugby League, I'll wear my Bradford Northern top again so you can find me at the club bar.

I don't think it'll be that low mate.

Halifax took over around 700 last year to the Sky live Thursday fixture and the crowd was 2,800 so you have to say that the crowd for this will be better.

Anyhow here is to a truly great game of Rugby League, I'll wear my Bradford Northern top again so you can find me at the club bar.

Rovers took over 700 to the semi at Halifax last year and the gate was given as just over 2k but then again the semi is a shared gate, what comes round goes round and i reckon there will be 1,500 there. But as you say should be a great game, Rovers should be favourites but i have watched them far too long and had too many heart aches to be over confident

Fax are short of numbers and lost another player today for the season in Goddard (snapped Achilles). Beswick is not looking good with a suspected broken Ankle today as well. Haley, Gleeson, Greenwood, Rudd are all out for the season as well. Tamghart maybe back for Toulouse game. Fev will be major favourites

Fax are short of numbers and lost another player today for the season in Goddard (snapped Achilles). Beswick is not looking good with a suspected broken Ankle today as well. Haley, Gleeson, Greenwood, Rudd are all out for the season as well. Tamghart maybe back for Toulouse game. Fev will be major favourites

Oh no you don't! you're not playing those games here! Fax are heavy favourites :P

Cummins Out.