Halifax Attract 4795

Well done Halifax on getting an truly amazing crowd for your final home game of the season and a crowd that sees you now pass the 2500 average attendance benchmark set by the RFL, meaning you now hit the criteria for a Super League application in 2012.

The marketing being done by the club in the run up to this game should be applauded and credit to the Batley supporters who had over 600 there (I wasn't at the game but my friend was and said there could have been more there as the East and South stands were packed with the Skircoat Road stand half full also).

Nothing between the Widnes and Halifax applications in my eyes as they both have the crowds and the stadium required.

I guess this does show the RFL that Halifax are still more than capable of getting the crowds in.

It'll be interesting to see if those goal posts move between now and next year.

Edited by Tommy The C5t

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

no offence mick but in a few years time if the bulls crowds dont improve i think fax could easily take the bulls SL spot

the completion of the shay means its a very tidy ground and they are clearly the next cab off the rank after widnes

potentially leigh are the other clubs with a good sl chance

What a surprise. Fax hit the magic 2,500 mark by 10 bodies, in their last Game of the Season :rolleyes:

Also, do they run Under 18's,16's, & 15's like we do ?

RFL paid for all the staff to go so they didn't have to let Widnes in the Super League

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

What a surprise. Fax hit the magic 2,500 mark by 10 bodies, in their last Game of the Season :rolleyes:

Also, do they run Under 18's,16's, & 15's like we do ?

Everytime a thread comes on about what Fax, Fev, Barrow, Leigh have achieved, you're come on and big up how fantastic Widnes and criticise the club being mentioned.

Give credit where credit is due! That crowd is fantastic especially at our level, one that you would be proud of in actual fact.

So well done Halifax, lets hope that you can continue to grow the crowds.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Everytime a thread comes on about what Fax, Fev, Barrow, Leigh have achieved, you're come on and big up how fantastic Widnes and criticise the club being mentioned.

Give credit where credit is due! That crowd is fantastic especially at our level, one that you would be proud of in actual fact.

So well done Halifax, lets hope that you can continue to grow the crowds.

If that was the TRUE crowd, then fair play to you.

But it's a BIG coincidence you more than doubled your usual crowd when your average before this game was around 2,100.......

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

But it's a BIG coincidence you more than doubled your usual crowd when your average before this game was around 2,100.......

Maybe they just really heavily promoted this game as they knew what was at stake

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

They did heavily promote the game, as take a friend and we'll double the crowd.

They knew what was at stake with the RFL moving the goal posts once again, so by heavily marketing this game all week to the supporters, they've played the RFL at their own game.

Do they run an under 21's?

If a pro club has very successful amateur youth set-ups close by, why is an Under 15's and Under 16's necessary so long as there is a strong link? (I'm presuming that Widnes U15's and U16's is amateur?)

Also why is an U21's necessary? I would have thought it common sense for a pro club to have only ONE pro youth team at U19's or U20's level (older than that and they can be in first team squad)

You have Mr T in the wrong blue and whites...

Cummins Out.

I'm a Featherstone Fan, so it didn't double my teams crowd.

Mentioning that you have an under 15's / 16's academy et all, well so do we!

We don't go around saying we have this, you don't, we have bigger crowds than you, we won the WCC in 90's blah blah. I personally find it funny that have to stoop to that level to make Widnes look actually good. IMO you don't deserve a license, on the field you've been poor, you had a good spell, when you had your loan players from Warrington and that has been it.

I honestly don't think any team in the Championships are ready for the top division yet, a lot of off the field work has to go in and i'd probably say all of them aren't ready yet, in 2015 i'd say 2 or 3 would be.

IMO you don't deserve a license, on the field you've been poor, you had a good spell, when you had your loan players from Warrington and that has been it.

For the last time, Licencing isn't about just on the field. That was the old P&R way.

It's what happens off the field that counts, and i'm as happy as i can be with our Application.

End of.............

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

Do clubs like Fax and Widnes get any special treatement for the Thursday night SKY games where the average crowds goes down due to fans watching the game at home ?

As far as I know they get around 300 free tickets to distribute to the local junior sides/children etc.

no offence mick but in a few years time if the bulls crowds dont improve i think fax could easily take the bulls SL spot

the completion of the shay means its a very tidy ground and they are clearly the next cab off the rank after widnes

potentially leigh are the other clubs with a good sl chance

I can't see Halifax every replacing the Bulls in Super League.

But I do see them taking over from Castleford/Wakefield now that the Shay is up to the required standard.

For the last time, Licencing isn't about just on the field. That was the old P&R way.

It's what happens off the field that counts, and i'm as happy as i can be with our Application.

End of.............

Enjoy Super League, I honestly hope you get into the big time!