10.Graham

11.Ellis

12.Westwood

13.Burgess

INT Fielden

INT McCarthy-Scarsbrook

INT Tomkins

INT Pryce or McGuire

Rest of Squad; Shenton, Cudjoe, Flanagan, Tickle, Yeaman, Crabtree, Lunt, Myler, Widdop plus 1or2 more props

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some short memories here on O'Loughlins contributions to England and previously G/B also.

I do not suppose his knockers care to recall the tri-nations games in the S/Hemi, when in the game lost narrowly to the Kiwi's his tackle count was in the high thirties to forties and he also provided a try making pass along with a better than average number of carries.

V Australia, the one we won in Sydney, he again topped the defence list and his game overall was quite outstanding, that was according to the Aussie commentators.

The next game V Oz in the final O'Loughlin was missing, injured, we got mopped! His defensive input was missed enormously, not to mention his other efforts for the team. Brian Noble the G/B coach made comment upon that very fact.

O'Loughlin makes a very good contribution to any side he is in Rep or domestic and goes on and on in matches, when a lot of other stars/players are more conspicuous by their absence.

Why does England have so few Goal Kickers and GOOD tactical kickers.

In the recent past the kicker just boots it to Slater or the Winger only to see them shred the defense in broken play running.

Kevin Sinfield? Kyle Eastmond? Sam Tomkins?

Is Briers the best tactical kicker in SL? Is he too old for International level now? Has he retired from Internationals? Or does he classify himself as Welsh?

Edited by HappyDave

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

we have been weak in the full back position and tompkins is for me like for like for billy slater, ideally briers would be 6, eastmond 7, o'loughlin 13 and sinfield 9, we couldnt do better than tha. other than that i'd have maguire at 6 when briers say no.

waddell

Tompkins Widdop

Hall K Pryce

Senior Shenton

Gleeson Bridge

Briscoe Riley

McGuire Brown

Eastmond Myler

Morley Lynch

Sinfield Roby

Graham LMS

Ellis J Tompkins

Burgess Flannagan

O'loughlin Wilkin

Fielden Crabtree

Westwood Wood

Pryce Cudjoe

Lunt Higham

One for now and a list of players I would be happy to draft up.

"Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nk*rs"

Laurie Dailey

I see no-one has mentioned Kirk Yeaman in the centres. I've not seen him much this season, but he has played at centre for one of the leagues top teams, has stats similar, if not better than Shenton and on a par with Bridge. The last time he played for GB he was one of the better players.

Surely he would be in with a shout?

And I think Martin Gleeson should be a shoe in for one of the centre spots.

i did B)

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

1. Richie Mathers

2. Kevin Penny

3. Michael Platt

4. Lee Smith

5. Keith Dixon

6. Paul Sykes

7. Danny Brough

8. Danny Sculthorpe

9. Wayne Godwin

10. Craig Huby

11. Ian Sibbit

12. Matt Cook

13. Paul Cooke

14. John Roby

15. Maurie Faasavalu

16. Danny Ward

17. Stuart Reardon

I'm Welsh

:D;)

did u mean kirk dixon? :huh:

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

Tompkins Widdop

Hall K Pryce

Senior Shenton

Gleeson Bridge

Briscoe Riley

McGuire Brown

Eastmond Myler

Morley Lynch

Sinfield Roby

Graham LMS

Ellis J Tompkins

Burgess Flannagan

O'loughlin Wilkin

Fielden Crabtree

Westwood Wood

Pryce Cudjoe

Lunt Higham

One for now and a list of players I would be happy to draft up.

I like that squad but would Mac be able to convince Senior to come back into the fold? Seeing how good Westward's form has been this season shouldn't he be a second choice Second Row? Plus which is Sam Tomkins best position at present? Should he be starting at FB or HB?

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

I like that squad but would Mac be able to convince Senior to come back into the fold? Seeing how good Westward's form has been this season shouldn't he be a second choice Second Row? Plus which is Sam Tomkins best position at present? Should he be starting at FB or HB?

As much as I hate to admit it Maguire is on fire on should be a shoe in- but its imperative we get Tomkins and Eastmond on the pitch at the same time too- for me Eastmond@ , Maguire@6 and Tomkins@ FB.

A few suggestions barring injury-

Props- Morley, Graham, Fielden, Carvell

Hookers- Sinfield*, Roby/ Lunt

2nd Rows- Ellis, Joel Tomkins

Loose Fwd- Burgess

Centres- Ryan Atkins,

Wingers- Ryan Hall, Peter Fox

Squad- Flanagan/ Heighington/ Wellens/ Burrow

Sinfield found his International position last Autumn and for me should start there.

wouldnt put tomkins at FB against aussies as less chance of having an open field as you do in SL.

Smith

Hall

Gleeson

Yeaman

Briscoe

Tomkins

Eastmond

Graham

Roby

Morley

Westwood

Ellis

Burgess

Sinfield

Lynch

Fielden

Tickle

As much as I hate to admit it Maguire is on fire on should be a shoe in- but its imperative we get Tomkins and Eastmond on the pitch at the same time too- for me Eastmond@ , Maguire@6 and Tomkins@ FB.

A few suggestions barring injury-

Props- Morley, Graham, Fielden, Carvell

Hookers- Sinfield*, Roby/ Lunt

2nd Rows- Ellis, Joel Tomkins

Loose Fwd- Burgess

Centres- Ryan Atkins,

Wingers- Ryan Hall, Peter Fox

You forgot what number you would put Eastmond at. :D

Sinfield found his International position last Autumn and for me should start there.

Agreed.

wouldnt put tomkins at FB against aussies as less chance of having an open field as you do in SL.

Smith

Hall

Gleeson

Yeaman

Briscoe

Tomkins

Eastmond

Graham

Roby

Morley

Westwood

Ellis

Burgess

Sinfield

Lynch

Fielden

Tickle

Lee Smith as England FB???

I would definitely have Sinfield as the starting Hooker, as the England captain.