Harlequins should move here

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst enjoying this fantasy island thread, what about some Union Grounds that could be bought and done up

The Richmond Athetic Association Ground (home of Richmond FC and London Scottish)

http://www.the-raa.co.uk/index.php?option=...2&Itemid=53

Blackhealth RFC's rectory field

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/blackheath/?...ondary=location

Rosslyn Park RFC

http://www.rosslynpark.co.uk/information/directions/

The Richmond Athletic Association Ground is the best appointed and easiest to get to but would be I fear a bit to RAA..RAA for most of you....

Sorry.. Tattoo tells me there are more guests arriving....

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Hayes & Yeading is an absolute toilet. And so is the football ground. I suppose you could build something around it, like a huge wall.

How about Woking? Not in London, but only 25 mins from Waterloo, ground capacity 6036. It would cut my travelling time down by half, and all the RFL developement staff could then be centred around Guildford.

One very prime site, almost touched upon above, is Fisher Athletic's former home ground on Salter Road, Rotherhithe. They had planning permission to redevelop with a small stadium and housing. You could probably fit 8,000 or so alongside the residential units. Big problem would be the, erm, interesting characters that own the site now that the club play in Dulwich. Cracking location if you could get it though.

that would have been my choice a few years back.. mainly becuase of its location on the tube etc.. but as you say at the moment not sure if this is as possible as it may have been.. would be great to snap it up then you may be able ot get a more City of London style team there that could really build in the centre..

If a move were to happen Oxford would be the most likely I'd have thought given the Ian Lenaghan connection, unless he can shift on his holding in Quins to someone else.

There was a piece on the radio this morning about the new Olympic stadium, annual running costs are expected to be

Whilst enjoying this fantasy island thread, what about some Union Grounds that could be bought and done up

The Richmond Athetic Association Ground (home of Richmond FC and London Scottish)

http://www.the-raa.co.uk/index.php?option=...2&Itemid=53

Blackhealth RFC's rectory field

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/blackheath/?...ondary=location

Rosslyn Park RFC

http://www.rosslynpark.co.uk/information/directions/

The Richmond Athletic Association Ground is the best appointed and easiest to get to but would be I fear a bit to RAA..RAA for most of you....

Sorry.. Tattoo tells me there are more guests arriving....

Last night on Boots'n'all Brian Mac was giving an interview which was filmed at Quins training facilities on the West side of Wimbledon Common along the East side of the A3. This is also part of Kingston Uni's sports facilities I think

I've noticed that on the opposite side of the A3 are some grown over rugby pitches which belonged (I guess) to some defunct or otherwise RU club. perhaps this is free?

I've noticed that on the opposite side of the A3 are some grown over rugby pitches which belonged (I guess) to some defunct or otherwise RU club. perhaps this is free?

This sounds ideal.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Old Bevonian rfc .... ??????

Last night on Boots'n'all Brian Mac was giving an interview which was filmed at Quins training facilities on the West side of Wimbledon Common along the East side of the A3. This is also part of Kingston Uni's sports facilities I think

If they could get the RFL to fund the building/development of grounds then just getting some land would be a good way to go IMO.. it also means that as an investment there is always one way to get some money back even if the club goes fttt.. and thats the land..

I thought I recognised that. Is that the old Wimbledon FC training ground?

There's no dignity in plastic seats

If they could get the RFL to fund the building/development of grounds then just getting some land would be a good way to go IMO.. it also means that as an investment there is always one way to get some money back even if the club goes fttt.. and thats the land..

Interestingly I've seen it mentioned that the owner of Quins RL has put millions into the club over the years. If that is true why did he not do just that in the first place and acquire land and/or a stadium for the club to build upwards, rather than wasting his money

How about Woking? Not in London, but only 25 mins from Waterloo, ground capacity 6036. It would cut my travelling time down by half, and all the RFL developement staff could then be centred around Guildford.

yes - only 30 mins by train from Hook (Hampshire)

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Interestingly I've seen it mentioned that the owner of Quins RL has put millions into the club over the years. If that is true why did he not do just that in the first place and acquire land and/or a stadium for the club to build upwards, rather than wasting his money

because its not either/or.. that money needed to be spent to keep the club going and thye would have had to be there or at another gournd whilst the purchase of hte land and the building was done so either way he woul dhave had to spend shed loads (maybe not as much but still a lot) to keep it up and running while spending another shed loads on the ground

The ground that Fulham/Crusaders used to play at - the Polytechnic ground?

The pitch and the concrete stand are still there because it's listed, but a health club has been built alongside it. Plus, public transport is awful.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

that would have been my choice a few years back.. mainly becuase of its location on the tube etc.. but as you say at the moment not sure if this is as possible as it may have been.. would be great to snap it up then you may be able ot get a more City of London style team there that could really build in the centre..

It woud be a cracking location. Excellent transport links right across London, nice size for 8,000 or so capacity, and with the added bonus that if the club was pushing the limit then Millwall is just down the road for one or two bigger games.

The land, afaik, is in the hands of two Italian brothers who were involved with Fisher Athletic before winding the club up and keeping the land. The whole thing was a bit dodgy because the council sold tha land to the club specifically so that they could redevelop it with residential units alongside a new ground. Now the club is gone, the fans have set up a new version playing in Dulwich, and presumably the requirement for a new stadium is no longer there. Leaves more room for residentials, of course.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Missing stadiums from the list to be filled in:

Tooting and Mitcham

Kingstonian

Carshalton

Don't fill them in, build houses instead.

Actually, I remember going and seeing London v Salford in a cup game at Kinstonian, they couldn't fill that either.

Edited by Bleep1673

Kingstonian's ground is owned by AFC Wimbledon, although the Dons do have longer term ambitions to move back into Merton/Wimbledon.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.