James Robys Try

Was a disgrace of a decision, when you think about the try that Crusaders had dissalowed that was marginally offside.

And its cost Wire 2nd spot! :(

Yes it did cost wire 2nd spot, the game was in the balance up till that decision. As for Roby saying he deserved the benefit of the doubt............yeah course you did you clown.

Yes it did cost wire 2nd spot, the game was in the balance up till that decision. As for Roby saying he deserved the benefit of the doubt............yeah course you did you clown.

After hearing him say that I think I nearly despise Roby as much as I do Wellens, who was constantly waving his arms at the ref after every Crusaders try.

As and ex saints and wires player Alex Murphy used to say, it will be in the paper in the morning :D

was a bad call, but sure warrington MUST have had some in their favour at times. ;) ..like when a Bevan , NON TRY,knocked saints out of a semi a few years back.

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

As and ex saints and wires player Alex Murphy used to say, it will be in the paper in the morning :D

was a bad call, but sure warrington MUST have had some in their favour at times. ;) ..like when a Bevan , NON TRY,knocked saints out of a semi a few years back.

Bloody hell that was some time ago!!! 70's 80's???

Bloody hell that was some time ago!!! 70's 80's???

been around a while wendall..seen bad and good calls, and had to accept them

was at central park wendell, no videos then, just a newspaper photo with his hand a foot above the ball, but still given..bloody refs, they know nowt..lol :rolleyes:

Yeah you must be from the old skool mate! :rolleyes: Thats true we all get bad and good calls.

i am mate, remember Murphs first game...trouble is its made me lose most of my hair..lol..but ive said it was a bad call tonight and knocked crusaders for six, they lost heart after it

was at central park wendell, no videos then, just a newspaper photo with his hand a foot above the ball, but still given..bloody refs, they know nowt..lol :rolleyes:

It's a bit like Dessie Drummond on 101 tries and a kick when he flew through the air for Leigh and bounced in basketball style!!!

Glad to see some of the old skool on this forum!

It's a bit like Dessie Drummond on 101 tries and a kick when he flew through the air for Leigh and bounced in basketball style!!!

Glad to see some of the old skool on this forum!

thanks Wendall..like to see the bright side of life, its only a game after all, but not for some it seems.

oh, and 77 isnt old, it just seems it at times..lo,

What, you mean this was as bad as the Scott Moore try against Salford? Ahh! It was Saints! Must have been a try then!

Definitely "benefit of the doubt" call. :D

Edited by tonyXIII

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Can't remember us ever beating skints in a semi, Frank, unless it was a Brian Bevan effort that still riles you.

When we did play Skints in a semi at Central Park, John Bevan was pulled back for a forward pass which would have won it, and if thrown by Skints would have been given.

We lost 12-8, I think.

However, refs see the game from 1 angle, full speed, it's the way it was.

Video calls, however, surely they can't get so many apparently wrong?

If there's a serious doubt, I'll say they should deny the try now, benefit the defence for something.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

aye but this is saints, so it wasnt, that was wolves,so it was,in the eyes of SOME fans :D:D:D For anyone in outer mongolia, saints are now second :P:P:P

I've not had a chance to see the incident yet but from what I've read I haven't seen anyone seriously think it WAS a try. By the sound of it there wasn't any doubt about it so how can there be a benefit of something that's not even there? :huh:

Edited by deluded pom?

rldfsignature.jpg

Saints get the benefit of the doubt most weeks with their forward passes and their short 10 metres. refs seem frightened to penalise them.

saints are now second :P:P:P

Behind Wigan. :D

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I didn't think Roby's effort was a try, but on the flip side I think Emmitt's should have been given under the benefit of the doubt rule as there was no conclusive proof to show he didn't get the ball down. So they evened themselves out in the end.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally