Sky Sports News no longer free to view

Sky Sports News will no longer be available as a Freeview channel from today.

According to Sky, its existing subscribers with either the Sports or News & Events packs will be unaffected by the move. Those who do not have either of these will be able to view Sky Sports News as a bonus channel until February 2011.

Sky has pledged to put more reporters and production trucks on the roads in order to respond quicker to breaking news and revealed it will also be adding new presenters and programmes.

And als a HD version of the channel has been launched today.

http://www.cable.co.uk/news/sky-sports-new...view-800011369/

So will RL benefit from all this?

Probably not as its football dominated anyway.

Can't see truks on the roads to RL grounds but you never know, plus those without Sky wont have to put up with Offiah on Sundays anymore!

Don't you mean Sky sports FOOTBALL new's? For that reason I never bother to watch it anyway so I could not give a fiddlers F*** whether or not it is free or to be paid for.

Admit its a joke of a channel, it should be renamed football news!!!

Even worse though could be that now all the dole scoungers with freeview cant watch it they might start showing more elitest sports like Union!!! :D

I'd watch Soccer Saturday if I was bored and nothing else to do, usually a laugh or 2, but otherwise makes no difference whatsoever.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

When I'm in need of a laugh there's nothing better than SSN, especially that guy who used to be on Blue Peter being all sincere about what is basically trivial information, his delivery style is cringeworthy, mind you he's just the highlight but they're all terrible. Cracks me up every time I put it on, Sky News is no better.

I only have freeview and have to admit although I haven't watched it in quiet a few weeks I actually quite liked the Martin Offiah SL round-up.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

When I'm in need of a laugh there's nothing better than SSN, especially that guy who used to be on Blue Peter being all sincere about what is basically trivial information

Simon something or other? He once did a piece for Blue Peter on the 2000 RL World Cup. He went and learned to play at Hillsborough Arena. Some great shots of him playing a game with loads of kids, him wearing a Hillsborough Hawks shirt. The Ireland team were meant to turn up and be filmed, but decided to turn up really late when the light was too bad, so Blue Peter couldn't film then.

The Blue Peter producers were furious with the RFL and Ireland RL. No wonder we get shoddy coverage when we can't even take opportunities like this properly. The piece was only saved thanks to the intervention of some Sheffield Eagles players and coaches, plus all the volunteers from Hillsborough.

Sorry, as you were.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Sky soccer news. Each hour has 40m mins soccer, 15 mins ads 2 mins RU and 3 mins for everything else. Effect on RL whether on freeview or not; nil.

exactly, however il continue to watch as long as georgie thompson and charlote jackson are both on!! :D