RFL select Bramall Lane to host Cup final replay

SHEFFIELD UNITED'S Bramall Lane ground will host the Carnegie Challenge Cup final replay if Leeds and Warrington end all-square on Saturday.

The Yorkshire Post understands Bramall Lane, which has acted as home to 1998 Challenge Cup victors Sheffield Eagles for the first time this season and has a 32,700 capacity, is set to be the venue if that does occur on Wednesday, September 8.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/rugby-leagu...e-to.6490836.jp

Good choice for a replay, it would be a shame if we didnt have a winner on Saturday but this venue is a decent one and would be ideal.

Though the 32,700 capacity would be tested with all the hordes from Wire coming over the pennines! :rolleyes:

For all the Wire hangers on!

More hangers on than an Indian railway carriage.

listen to her :D

From club tickets sales only, Wires have sold more than you, so there :P

Out of interest, Do you think its big enough???

(could be another early morning for you :lol: , doubt it though, you know my prediction ;) )

listen to her :D

From club tickets sales only, Wires have sold more than you, so there :P

Out of interest, Do you think its big enough???

(could be another early morning for you :lol: , doubt it though, you know my prediction ;) )

It will be big enough, due to the fact that only Leeds and Wire fans will be there,unlike Wembley.

With predictions like yours, I hope you don't do the lottery , you'll be dissapointed every week, just like you will be on Saturday :P

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

It will be big enough, due to the fact that only Leeds and Wire fans will be there,unlike Wembley.

With predictions like yours, I hope you don't do the lottery , you'll be dissapointed every week, just like you will be on Saturday :P

PMSL.... your a funny guy!!

PS. I am doing the lottery this week for the first time in months ;)

Good, glad this has been announced. I was quite excited when I got told about it last week :D

The atmosphere there for a big RL game with a full house would be awesome. It's a terrific stadium.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

SHEFFIELD UNITED'S Bramall Lane ground will host the Carnegie Challenge Cup final replay if Leeds and Warrington end all-square on Saturday.

The Yorkshire Post understands Bramall Lane, which has acted as home to 1998 Challenge Cup victors Sheffield Eagles for the first time this season and has a 32,700 capacity, is set to be the venue if that does occur on Wednesday, September 8.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/rugby-leagu...e-to.6490836.jp

Good choice for a replay, it would be a shame if we didnt have a winner on Saturday but this venue is a decent one and would be ideal.

Though the 32,700 capacity would be tested with all the hordes from Wire coming over the pennines! :rolleyes:

Where were all the Wire hordes when the Rovers came to town in the earlier round?, we showed you how to really support a team

Where were all the Wire hordes when the Rovers came to town in the earlier round?, we showed you how to really support a team

Ah yes the flat cappers did you proud that day we had a good crack with em, trashing a pub in the process!!! :rolleyes:

As for Bramhall Lane I think its the right size for a final replay. A lot of fans will be skint so many may just watch it on BBC2 or whatever obscure channel we get to show it!!!! :D

A replay is highly unlikely but the RFL couldn't have chosen a better venue.

Exactly. Hopefully a sign that the RFL are keen to use Bramall Lane as a venue for big games in future - hopefully Four Nations and World Cup games. England v Aus there would be awesome. Much better than Elland Road!

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Exactly. Hopefully a sign that the RFL are keen to use Bramall Lane as a venue for big games in future - hopefully Four Nations and World Cup games. England v Aus there would be awesome. Much better than Elland Road!

with its location in the city as well if it had big games there it would make people stand up and take notice in the city, it also would have good advertising around a very sporty city (in its attitude not in its success!)

Isn't the pitch about 15 metres short though? Makes it difficult to take a test match there.

It certainly looked short when Fax played there earlier this season. Having said that, i would imagine if full it would be a great venue for RL games, as everyone is virtually on top of the pitch.