Sticking at it in wrexham

more so that people bother posting in a thread they arent interested in

this is a healthy debate without any personal abuse.

Excuse me this proves my point just made to Maximus I have contributed to this thread and am very interested in this topic. If you looked past you"healty deabte" you would have noticed this.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one thing having a discussion and it's another thing going over the same arguement without any progress and appearing to squabble endlessly. Other posters are making points but you two seem to be overlooking most of this to continue your disagreement.

I'd like to point out that a population of approx 700,000 and no pro rugby and no league football existing in N. Wales, makes the expansion a worthwhile gamble. At the saints game I took two people, who'd never seen a live game of RL, even after losing, one has commited to being a season ticket holder for next season,the other deffo coming to the KR game. Little by little this expansionism is working, with 4000 more RL fans in N.Wales than before,and numerous schools etc starting to play the game.IMO all this makes sticking with N.Wales a positive option. As for the scorpions, many of us in wrexham hope this succeeds, and many young welsh players get their break with crus in SL. So much so that I've even contributed to sponsoring a scorpions game in S. Wales. So hopefully most negativity to this topic can be put to bed,and all get behind the RFL and make Wrexham and the Crusaders the success that RL needs.

I'd like to point out that a population of approx 700,000 and no pro rugby and no league football existing in N. Wales, makes the expansion a worthwhile gamble. At the saints game I took two people, who'd never seen a live game of RL, even after losing, one has commited to being a season ticket holder for next season,the other deffo coming to the KR game. Little by little this expansionism is working, with 4000 more RL fans in N.Wales than before,and numerous schools etc starting to play the game.IMO all this makes sticking with N.Wales a positive option. As for the scorpions, many of us in wrexham hope this succeeds, and many young welsh players get their break with crus in SL. So much so that I've even contributed to sponsoring a scorpions game in S. Wales. So hopefully most negativity to this topic can be put to bed,and all get behind the RFL and make Wrexham and the Crusaders the success that RL needs.

I'm with you all the way.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Like you, I also took mates to the game who had never been before - the reaction was the same.

I also agree with the rest of your post.

It's one thing having a discussion and it's another thing going over the same arguement without any progress and appearing to squabble endlessly. Other posters are making points but you two seem to be overlooking most of this to continue your disagreement.

I'd agree with Dally, there was no personal abuse. Simply a disagreement. Without disagreements nobody would ever go on forums.

I don't think there is much negativity on this topic. I certainly didn't aim to come across that way, I would always suggest caution with getting carried away but pretty much the whole game thinks they deserve their chance and they do. There hasn't been a single person on this thread who hasn't said that.

Handled well this could be great for RL but some of that success would have to go down to the work done and the lessons learned in Bridgend.

Maximus Decimus:

Do you honestly want the Crusaders to succeed in Wrexham? Because you disagree with the way the club was allowed into the competition or because you disagree with the way the game has been and is being developed in Wales, you would, in all honesty, prefer that the Crusaders fail. Right?

A Wrexham failure would prove that you were right all along on the way that the game ought to be organised and developed.

I thought that an average attendance of 5000 was really positive news given the circumstances back in January but obviously not!

Have you been to Wrexham to see a game? I know it's not your club but seeing that you have an interest in the club's future and seeing that it isn't far from Widnes, I'd suggest that you come along to the game against Hull KR and see for yourself that there are many fans who share the sentiments of the new supporter quoted by Jannerboyuk in his original post.

Get a life. You know nothing about me and don't try and imply that you do.

Instead of resorting to a pathetic personal attack, try and point out where I've been wrong or haven't used facts.

Excuse me this proves my point just made to Maximus I have contributed to this thread and am very interested in this topic. If you looked past you"healty deabte" you would have noticed this.

i respond to posts that interest me.

its possible for multiple people to have differing conversations on the one thread

MDs posts were of interest to me and the arguments im making

the whole well done wrexham thing was covered.

i thought it was a good case for me to discuss the further issue of expansion.

how many pages can you have of saying well done?

It's not about well done, in fact it's way too early to be saying well done. Its about taking a reasonable start to wrexhams initiation to RL and how can the rfl and the crusaders heirarchy improve on the groundwork layed down by Noble, Bridgend etc. to make this move viable, competetive and sustainable. A competetive side is required at wxm, to enable a increase in fan base to improve, but with the rules stating that quotas, must soon be adhered to, and financial restraints, I wonder how the Crus can be competetive in such a short space of time.

Get a life. You know nothing about me and don't try and imply that you do.

Instead of resorting to a pathetic personal attack, try and point out where I've been wrong or haven't used facts.

I'm sorry MD - I was out of order. Sincere apologies.