Whitehaven into Administration....

The people running the two clubs in West Cumbria need to take this as an opportunity to re-evaluate where they are, how they got there, where they want to be, and how they plan to get there. From the outside they look as if they are only heading in one direction, and it's not going to be pretty.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

The people running the two clubs in West Cumbria need to take this as an opportunity to re-evaluate where they are, how they got there, where they want to be, and how they plan to get there. From the outside they look as if they are only heading in one direction, and it's not going to be pretty.

very sad,we know how the there club and fans feel,hope everything turns around for them.but alas this will not be the last club to struggle to survive.

widnesvikings2-1.gif

WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB

A real shame for Haven fans.

But I have to pick up on the report saying that the current Chairman and some directors want to buy the club back! :O

If the RFL allow this it is a disgrace. The people who failed to run the club properly in the first place must not be allowed to come back in charge again. I know the RFL cannot dictate who buys the club but they can say who they are willing to accept as owners. This Raiz bloke must be told to go take a running jump.

PS. This should apply to all clubs and owners/directors by the way.

But I have to pick up on the report saying that the current Chairman and some directors want to buy the club back! :O

If the RFL allow this it is a disgrace. The people who failed to run the club properly in the first place must not be allowed to come back in charge again. I know the RFL cannot dictate who buys the club but they can say who they are willing to accept as owners. This Raiz bloke must be told to go take a running jump.

In fairness to the current board it was not them who ran up the debts. The club was already in serious financial trouble when they took over and quite honestly I'm amazed that they managed to stave off administration for so long. The club had a huge legacy tax bill accrued by the previous board which has been crippling the club as they have been making large monthly payments against these arrears to avoid being wound up by HMRC. The dramatic drop in crowds, and hence income, this year has finally tipped them over the edge unfortunately.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

At this particular stage (without specific details) I have no sympathy, except for the creditors of the club who stand to lose money. The way clubs spend money they don't have and then wipe off the debts in one stroke is completely immoral in my book. This is nothing to do with P&R, it's to do with spending what you don't have.

I speak from direct experience, having had one family member 'robbed' of tens of thousands of pounds in two different RL situations.

The club is a limited company and the law allows the proposed takeover to take place; believe it or not the RFL isn't above the law of the land. Whether they choose to grant them a licence to participate in the CC1 is another matter but I don't believe there is any real precedent that would tempt them to take this action.

Let's see what happens when/if a SL club enters administration. :rolleyes:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't be pathetic, how would a bankrupt club having the ability to go up to SL help them? Lunatic

I think mr manx was indulging in role play B)

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I think mr manx was indulging in role play B)

Okay sorry to him then.

Both relegated clubs these years are in a bad financial state so maybe needed to go down, but can't imagine the promoted sides will be in good finances, though the Oldham situation appears to be under control (assuming they go up)

Its probably due to them chasing automatic promotion a couple of years ago thats the main cause of this.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Sad news, but won't be the last. Expect more clubs to get into this state soon - and not just in the Championship.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Sad news, but won't be the last. Expect more clubs to get into this state soon - and not just in the Championship.

Expect Championship licensing to be pushed through from 2012 as a result of this, plus Keighley and all the other teams (Gateshead, Doncaster etc.). About time too.

Expect Championship licensing to be pushed through from 2012 as a result of this, plus Keighley and all the other teams (Gateshead, Doncaster etc.). About time too.

There are a few Super League clubs strggling badly, too.

The game's finances are like a house of cards.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Sounds like time for Workington & Whitehaven to bury the hatchet and merge (yes I hate that word too :angry2: ) and become West Cumbria. I still don't see a SL license though.

Alex Murphy in RLW said he hated playing at Whitehaven as the changing rooms were outside the grond and he would have to pass the crowd who would have digs at him on the way on/off the pitch. Sounds like a good place to base WCRLFC then.

Edited by Bleep1673

Sounds like time for Workington & Whitehaven to bury the hatchet and merge (yes I hate that word too :angry2: ) and become West Cumbria. I still don't see a SL license though.

Alex Murphy in RLW said he hated playing at Whitehaven as the changing rooms were outside the grond and he would have to pass the crowd who would have digs at him on the way on/off the pitch. Sounds like a good place to base WCRLFC then.

He might have hated playing at Whitehaven, but he rarely played at Workington. Mysteriously seemed to get injured a few days before the game, mainly because Brian Edgar used to tear him apart.

There are a few Super League clubs strggling badly, too.

The game's finances are like a house of cards.

Yeah Harlequins are finished barring a move outside of London and some other clubs are looking shaky. We missed a trick not reducing to 12 teams IMO

Though not just the pro game this year, lots of problems in the RLC this year obviously we're affectively left with 4 clubs in our division from the 10 that were supposed to start last season. 4 good sides yes but only 4. Not just us, most divisions are like that.

Does'nt seem to much of a panic down at Haven... looks like it's a move planned to rescue / save the club.

Even with the club looking at going into administration the council are keen to move ahead with the stadium development.

"Haven

Does'nt seem to much of a panic down at Haven... looks like it's a move planned to rescue / save the club.

Even with the club looking at going into administration the council are keen to move ahead with the stadium development.

"Haven

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.