Bostock and Powell

Robin  Evans

On the Dews forum that it is now reported in their local paper that Bostock and Powell will now be Rovers from next season!

Well that's 2 now out in the open!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

On the Dews forum that it is now reported in their local paper that Bostock and Powell will now be Rovers from next season!

Well that's 2 now out in the open!!

After reading DP in league express about wanting young players surely powell at 31 falls outside this criteria?

I couldn't understand Liam Finn's signature last season.

Nor could I understand dropping Kain to the bench this season!!!

Given his success this season, I'm more than happy enough to accept that Daryl will stuff in a player that I don't!

Given 3-4 months with Downsy on his case, I reckon he'll be fit enough for impact on this team!

But the approaches in recent weeks to their players by other Co-operative Championship clubs have annoyed Dewsbury, particularly as such moves are not supposed to be made before September 1.

Jowitt added: "I won't let us become a feeder club for such as Featherstone Rovers. The others need to be like us and put in the hard work to develop their own players and the approach to James Lockwood was out of order.

"James came to me and said he thought he had made a massive mistake in initially agreeing to leave and I said I'd sort it out. He has re-signed and will be staying here next year and I'm delighted.

Rams chairman Mark Sawyer said that one player who is definately leaving will be second row man Andy Bostock.

"We are aware of three of our players being approached at a time when clubs are not allowed to speak to players from other clubs and we are looking into this matter.

"It's a bit disappointing the other clubs didn't get in touch with us and seek permission to approach them.

The three players being Powell, Bostock and Lockwood and one club being Featherstone.

Good to see Darryl Powell ignoring the rules, let's hope Fev get a fine for illegal approaches. Discuss.

Good to see Darryl Powell ignoring the rules, let's hope Fev get a fine for illegal approaches. Discuss.

Join the club pal, Kirmond signed for Huddersfield in similar circumstances, the contract will start 1st December or whatever and it'll all be fine and dandy.

Cummins Out.

Sounds like sour grapes to me

I dont think its an illegal approach - If they are coming to the end of contracts you are allowed to discuss, nothing has been said its a done deal officially from either club all i can see from what has been posted in the local rag is that Bostock has said he is leaving for another club, not that he has signed for anyone, as usual the papers take it one step further and twist it to create a media story

No one knows the severity of the approach either, they couldve bumped into one another in the supermarket for all we know

If its a done deal then yes we are lucky we are currently in a good financial posistion and able to offer players from other teams good terms, obviously more than what Dewsbury are offering, plus the opportunity to play for a top team club (at the minute) and we are local so family and homelife isnt going to be disrupted, what would you do?

I would also like to add I dont see anyone from fev shouting from the rooftops about any new signings - all the noises are coming from the Dewsbury end

Edited by elppaxr2i

You either need the permission of the club or wait until 1st September, otherwise you can't approach players about joining your club - supermarket or anywhere else. At least our Chairman and coach seem to know the rules.

And why do you think Fev haven't announced the signings? Because if they did they'd be admitting illegal approaches!

Bryn Powell has been excellent and Bostock is very good but has had some injury problems. If he's fit he'll be great.

I'm looking forward to next season, once the successful SL applicant is announced, I reckon some of the sugar daddies (not Fev) will be pulling out, which should level the playing field quite a bit. We beat Leigh, Halifax and Barrow in the last few games, so should be pretty competitive.

You either need the permission of the club or wait until 1st September, otherwise you can't approach players about joining your club - supermarket or anywhere else. At least our Chairman and coach seem to know the rules.

And Bambi's mother shouldn't have been shot, but it goes on.

Cummins Out.

But the approaches in recent weeks to their players by other Co-operative Championship clubs have annoyed Dewsbury, particularly as such moves are not supposed to be made before September 1.

Jowitt added: "I won't let us become a feeder club for such as Featherstone Rovers. The others need to be like us and put in the hard work to develop their own players and the approach to James Lockwood was out of order.

"James came to me and said he thought he had made a massive mistake in initially agreeing to leave and I said I'd sort it out. He has re-signed and will be staying here next year and I'm delighted.

Rams chairman Mark Sawyer said that one player who is definately leaving will be second row man Andy Bostock.

"We are aware of three of our players being approached at a time when clubs are not allowed to speak to players from other clubs and we are looking into this matter.

"It's a bit disappointing the other clubs didn't get in touch with us and seek permission to approach them.

The three players being Powell, Bostock and Lockwood and one club being Featherstone.

warren Jowitt talks a load of shiiiite most of the time if you ask me, some of the interviews he gives are fair embarrasing, when they lose its always the refs fault, i can tell you for a fact most of the players that are leaving are going because they have no time for him

I think that the statement of a club chairman, that the playing budget would amount to just

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

One thing sums this up AGENTS. Agents are Hawking players around well before the season is finished.

My guess is that the rams will have offered, Bostock, Powell and Lockwood terms and they will have then instructed their agents to see if they could get better elsewhere. That is just how it works these days.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

Discuss?? Why?? Can't be @rsed to be honest. They've left. Move on! Sh_It happens.