Trouble at Warrington end

Big fight in Warrington end. Looked like there was a block of Leeds fans in there. Lots of punches thrown and fans fighting stewards.

Sad to say some corporate types sat near us left in disgust.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big fight in Warrington end. Looked like there was a block of Leeds fans in there. Lots of punches thrown and fans fighting stewards.

Sad to say some corporate types sat near us left in disgust.

Nice.

Biggest day in the RL calendar ruined by the usual suspects.

:rolleyes:

It was just before the disallowed Warrington try in the second half. I did not see much of this as I was in Row 33 of the Upper Tier on the half way line but as with every schoolyard fight everyone was standing up to view.

Did not last long though.

Unfortunately in an 85,000 crowd (though a lot of empty blocks of seats on view) both clubs have a problem in that the more successful they get the more knobends they get. The langaage between the fans - and this was not banter- was also pretty ripe where I was. and if it was a closer game could have kicked off.

Not a good advert for the family game :angry2:

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

It was just before the disallowed Warrington try in the second half. I did not see much of this as I was in Row 33 of the Upper Tier on the half way line but as with every schoolyard fight everyone was standing up to view.

Did not last long though.

Unfortunately in an 85,000 crowd (though a lot of empty blocks of seats on view) both clubs have a problem in that the more successful they get the more knobends they get. The langaage between the fans - and this was not banter- was also pretty ripe where I was. and if it was a closer game could have kicked off.

Not a good advert for the family game :angry2:

Wire fans are just like that anyway, and always have been.

Leeds fans get a bit giddy when they leave Leeds. For the games best supported club, their away following is pathetic.

RL is a family sport, where fans of all clubs mingle, exchange banter and congratulate each other on a great game played in true sporting spirit by players who respect each other without exception.

There has never been fighting, bad behavior , obscene language or trouble of any kind at any RL game. Never ever!

:lol:

Edited by Manx RL

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Behave, Hanners, no side is totally clear of it.

I know we have a few we don't really need, most sides do.

The seats I had, via"the punt" were very mixed, mainly Wires, but Widnes, Halifax, Wigan and others were there, as well as a few Leeds fans.

NO hassle, it's the very tiny minority who taint the decent fans with that 1 brush.

No doubt, once released, Wezza will give full details of what happened.....

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I had a pretty good view of the trouble and to be honest it was a bit of handbags at dawn really. Not what we want at rugby league but it was something and nothing and was probably related to too much beer! Can't blame either side's fans and to be fair all fans, both sides, shamed the troublemakers with the booing.

Well done Warrington, it was a good win for them but I have to say it was a very disappointing game and I think that was largely to do with Leeds losing Peacock and Burgess and then failing to implement an expansive game.

Rugby league now needs a great Grand Final.

I had a pretty good view of the trouble and to be honest it was a bit of handbags at dawn really. Not what we want at rugby league but it was something and nothing and was probably related to too much beer! Can't blame either side's fans and to be fair all fans, both sides, shamed the troublemakers with the booing.

Agree about the booing. It was pretty resounding, but sad that such an incident needed it at a cup final.

I hope those that were involved were just boozed up kids on a day out with their home town club and have had such a ###### experience at Wembley that they never consider attending again. We don't need them.

Had a great day otherwise. Well done Wire - and commiserations Leeds - I was rooting for you to put up more of a fight, but it didn't seem to be your day.

All clubs at every level have a few fans who can't handle a few bevvies and like to wind up the opposition. Bigger the crowd, proportionatley the more there is. Shame, but such is life.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I was near what happened and what I could see, for what was pretty much the whole game before it kicked off, was a core of about 6 Leeds fans who seemed to spend their time yelling abuse at the Warrington fans, throwing obscene gestures and generally behaving like a group of yobs

Unfortunately, one of the Warrington fans who was egging them on decided to go and take them on, which kicked off the trouble. Three of the Leeds "fans" got ejected, with the one who'd spent the most time gesturing and being a moron was being led towards the cells

The response from the stadium staff was quick, but I do think it was sad that a few people behaved like imbeciles and, most likely, under the influence of a lot of alcohol

Nice.

Biggest day in the RL calendar ruined by the usual suspects.

:rolleyes:

And as has now been commented on,the trouble was started by Leeds fans,with one being led to the cells. The cup winners await your unreseved aploogy.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

I was near what happened and what I could see, for what was pretty much the whole game before it kicked off, was a core of about 6 Leeds fans who seemed to spend their time yelling abuse at the Warrington fans, throwing obscene gestures and generally behaving like a group of yobs

Maybe they thought it was a soccer match?

What a pack of buttnuggets.

And as has now been commented on,the trouble was started by Leeds fans,with one being led to the cells. The cup winners await your unreseved aploogy.

It's never Wire fans that start trouble though is it?

Hull, Wigan, Saints, all clubs that have been to the HJ Torturedome in recent years, and started trouble with the angelic Wire fans.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Warrington is a loathsome place to watch RL, and judging by the behaviour of "fans" with 4 year old kids on their shoulders at the match, we have generations of it to come.

I've been going to both Wilderspool and the HJ stadium, standing on the touchline terrace whenever possible. I'm a fairly vociferous spectator, but have never had any problems with the Warrington fans. I think it would be different if I stood behind the sticks, but that's the case for several away grounds.

The most obnoxious fans I've come across in over thirty years of watching were pre-Superleague ... at the Boulevard, Clarence Road and Post Office Road.

NB: I just had to look up the name of the former York ground, having forgotten it was called Clarence Road. Aptly, it was built on land originally leased from the York Lunatic Asylum.

:D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

No doubt, once released, Wezza will give full details of what happened.....

A classic comment,well done Bill! :D

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

It's never Wire fans that start trouble though is it?

Not on the scale that you seem to enjoy claiming we do,no. All clubs have a few idiots which the club concerned and genuine fans would prefer did not attend. I have been offered a fight by a 15 year old Wigan fan in Wigan because I dared to walk past him on my way to the ground where Wigan pay Wigan Pathetic FC rent to let them play. He held a can of 2.5% ASDA lager in his hand,swayed from side to side and said "come on wire lad,tha won't know what's f@@@@@g hit thee!" I laughed and replied "there's one thing son,it won't be you" at which point he ran off! Did I tarnish all other Wigan fans with the same brush this neanderthal had used to paint his picture of Wigan and it's fans? No. You really do need to take a very big drink from the bottle labelled "growing up medicine."