Trouble at Warrington end

IMO increasingly over the last few years the crowds are slowly getting spoilt by alcohol fuelled idiots. Its happening week by week at the grounds, and more so at the GF and CCF. I've seen increasing numbers of incidents at grounds and being reported on forums over the last few years, and its about time we call time on these anti-social folk who are deterring others from attending and watching good rugby league on the pitch.

I agree and a lot of these larger louts are in their late 30's and 40's, but fortunately they are a small (but sadly growing) minority. A lot of them are using RL as an excuse to get away from the wife and kids for an afternoon/evening and a day to go on the lash and also participate in other chemicals. Their interest in RL seems to be for their own team only and in big games like derbys and GF and CC finals, if that and not for the game in general. Many are ex soccer fans who have been banned from grounds for various offences and see RL as a good day out with booze available on tap throughout the match and able to drink on the terraces.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree and a lot of these larger louts are in their late 30's and 40's, but fortunately they are a small (but sadly growing) minority.

but what about the smaller louts?

and surely te larger louts are an er large minority. And if as you say they keep on growing how long before they explode?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I agree and a lot of these larger louts are in their late 30's and 40's, but fortunately they are a small (but sadly growing) minority. A lot of them are using RL as an excuse to get away from the wife and kids for an afternoon/evening and a day to go on the lash and also participate in other chemicals. Their interest in RL seems to be for their own team only and in big games like derbys and GF and CC finals, if that and not for the game in general. Many are ex soccer fans who have been banned from grounds for various offences and see RL as a good day out with booze available on tap throughout the match and able to drink on the terraces.

Apart from the bit about ex-soccer fans, you're right. I know down my street there are a few people who fit into this category, whose interest goes no further than supporting Warrington. Indeed I do know someone who refused to go to a match earlier in the season because he couldn't drink that week for medical reasons. And there are the occasional fans who go out on a Sunday afternoon in their Warrington shirts and go to the pub and listen to the game on the radio. GF night is the worst one, simply because people have had the whole afternoon drinking. It's just too easy to blame it on football fans, when really it's a problem with society at large.

Really? Thats a fact is it?
I must admit I find it a bit silly when these statements are made, and it has already been made a couple of times in this thread. It is burying our head in the sand if we refuse to acknowledge that we have dickheads watching our sport, whether they also support another sport or not.

Warrington had plenty of problems in the 80's, some games were real no-go games, and we weren't the only team. During the 90's there was a real shift in the make-up of the Warrington crowds, and it became a much more friendly place to go as more and more families and children became involved with the club, mainly through the introduction of the Wolfpack club and the

Towns like Warrington, Wigan, St Helens, Leeds, Hull, Castleford all have rough areas within them,

Why did you ignore Bradford?

I can only presume it's because the whole place is rough and doesn't actually have rough areas in it?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Okay heres the picture of the brawling for all to see, courtesy of a mate of mines excellent camera work.

DSC01696.jpg

Hey look Hannibal,a WIGAN fan bang in the middle of it all.

Case rested m'lud. :rolleyes:

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Why did you ignore Bradford?

I can only presume it's because the whole place is rough and doesn't actually have rough areas in it?

You chopped out the key phrase "happy to get involved" - nobody is happy to get involved at Bradford, troublemaking or otherwise. :dry:

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Been to the last 10 cup finals and this is the 1st time ive seen fighting in the ground

Been to 3 of the fa cup finals at wembley and not one bit of trouble in or out of the ground

IMO football as sorted it hooligans out Not saying it does not go on but with cctv at all grounds its moved elswere and thats not football problem

i herd they had been a stabbing in the greyhound pub after the game but not herd anything since

IMO football as sorted it hooligans out Not saying it does not go on but with cctv at all grounds its moved elswere and thats not football problem

Far from it.

If soccer (I take you mean Brit or English soccer) had "sorted its hooligans out", there'd be no more trouble on match day, no need for expensive extra police security or even segregation.

Simply shoving it under the carpet doesn't make the problem go away.

Far from it.

If soccer (I take you mean Brit or English soccer) had "sorted its hooligans out", there'd be no more trouble on match day, no need for expensive extra police security or even segregation.

Simply shoving it under the carpet doesn't make the problem go away.

when was the last time you saw fighting in a ground in the uk

not including west ham v millwall last season (that happens every time they play)

its now to dear to get a ticket for a prem game

my team chelsea its up too

Okay heres the picture of the brawling for all to see, courtesy of a mate of mines excellent camera work.

Gosh if thats excellent camera work there's a job lot of your fellow TRL posters posting in The Photography Thread in AOB who could go pro, they have the subject in focus and don't have blokes heads in the way and all sorts! :P

They've also probably not been drinking since 6 in the morning on coaches from Warrington to London that will also help!!!

I've followed leeds R.L and Leeds utd for many years and have to say that since the late 70's through to present day only on a few occasions have leeds utd fans attended rugby games to cause trouble. These occasions would invariably be when either leeds or hunslet would be playing wigan, there was history between leeds and wigan lads stemming from countless encounters at Blackpool during bank holiday weekends. Thankfully most of the lads involved are now in their forties and the violence is long gone. We are lucky at headingley that any nutcase that lives in Leeds is drawn to elland road like a moth to a flame leaving rugby league games a safe place for families etc to go. Considering how big the city of leeds is and how many rough estates it contains we do quite well at headingley, however, the odd idiot will find his way along to games, that's just the law of averages.

I've followed leeds R.L and Leeds utd for many years and have to say that since the late 70's through to present day only on a few occasions have leeds utd fans attended rugby games to cause trouble

Only a few??

Why even these few occasions in the first place? How bloody stupid are those alleged adults?

Only a few??

Why even these few occasions in the first place? How bloody stupid are those alleged adults?

Incredibly stupid i've no doubt about that. The point i was trying to make is that it's easy to blame football fans when there's no real substance to that argument. There's never been a link between Leeds RL and Leeds Utd when trouble occurs apart from the occasions i've mentioned, any trouble is normally down to a small number of ####### that any club unfortunately attracts who no doubt are problems for the wider society on a daily basis.

Even though the quality isn't great, I can clearly see that the refined Wiganer was purely acting as a peacemaker.

The defence rests.

The picture clearly shows the man in the wigan top being held back by the man next to him in the blue shirt. "Peacemaker"????????????? I very much doubt it on the evidence we see before us! Guilty as charged m'lud! :lol:

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

The picture clearly shows the man in the wigan top being held back by the man next to him in the blue shirt. "Peacemaker"????????????? I very much doubt it on the evidence we see before us! Guilty as charged m'lud! :lol:

I think you will find that the man in the blue shirt is pushing the Wiganer out of the way, so that he can get into the scrap.

If you enhance the photo, you can clearly see the Wiganer attempting to say "Excuse me old bean, but I really don't think this is the sort of behaviour one should be displaying at a family occasion".

If you can't see that, then surely that is not my fault.

That's the problem with you Warrington fans, you are all one-eyed.

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

... my club's better than your club, blah blah blah, yawn yawn yawn.

If you see any bother at a Rugby League match, report it to the stewards and/or the police. Let them deal with it. Threads like this achieve nowt.

Locked.