England's 4 Nations Chances

Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong forum, but thought it relates to the English game,

Looks certain now that Australia will be without Lockyer, Thurston, Folau and Inglis for the 4 Nations.

Does this fill the English supporters with renewed optimism for the upcoming tournament?

As an Aussie, I think it will certainly blunt our attacking strength.

Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong forum, but thought it relates to the English game,

Looks certain now that Australia will be without Lockyer, Thurston, Folau and Inglis for the 4 Nations.

Does this fill the English supporters with renewed optimism for the upcoming tournament?

As an Aussie, I think it will certainly blunt our attacking strength.

It will certainly affect the Aussies, although they do have plenty of strength in depth, maybe not with the flair of the above players though.

The important thing is that the England team continue to play with the confidence that they did last year. In the two games against the Aussies we were the better team for probably 100 of the 180 minutes, but the Aussies blew us away and were ruthless during their purple patches. If we can learn from this, and learn to deal with the difficult conditions, then there is no reason why we can't go and challenge.

I think we could do with the likes of Eastmond and Tomkins on top form and full fitness, and due to a lower level of strength in depth, I think it would be harder for us to replace 4 major players like the Aussies.

Unless you've read something I haven't, I wouldn't quite draw a line through Lockyer and Thurston yet. Lockyer in particular sounds like he'd be fit to play by the time the tournament begins. Slot Cooper Cronk inside him and we don't lose much in the halves at all. Even if Lockyer is ruled out, there's always Prince or perhaps even Carney.

Folau hasn't come into calculations since he signed with you know who, so that doesn't matter. Inglis is certainly a loss, but really, against England, all we need is someone better than his opposite, which we have in spades. It's the Kiwis who we might lose more significant ground to there.

Unless you've read something I haven't, I wouldn't quite draw a line through Lockyer and Thurston yet. Lockyer in particular sounds like he'd be fit to play by the time the tournament begins. Slot Cooper Cronk inside him and we don't lose much in the halves at all. Even if Lockyer is ruled out, there's always Prince or perhaps even Carney.

Folau hasn't come into calculations since he signed with you know who, so that doesn't matter. Inglis is certainly a loss, but really, against England, all we need is someone better than his opposite, which we have in spades. It's the Kiwis who we might lose more significant ground to there.

I was going through the players I thought may be representing the Kiwis in the 4 Nations comp, that is even before I read of the omission of Inglis and possibly Thurston and Lockyer also.

Being quite honest the team that NZ can put to the field is not at all going to overawed by a full strength OZ let alone one without those players named.

Even at full strength the Aussies would have their work cut out containing the present full strength Kiwi one.

To be honest I have already highlighted the fact that we could suffer from the kicks for the wingers and to the line in general and the thought of Prince or Cronk, who are probably at present the two best at that in the NRL completely fills me with dread. Prince is playing superbly and would give us quite a few headaches should he gain selection.

you could'nt drag me back to newcastle for love nor money....though the "hotdogs for the homeless" where alright were'nt they ben...lol

Ah, just worked out who you are.. How's it going?

Sat outside that club, free hot dogs and sex pest! Cheered me up no end.