Wigan Warriors v Bradford Bulls

ckn

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan
    • Bradford
    • Draw

Definatly one of easiest wins of season, didn't need get out of first gear. Looked like we were just tryin save everyone for playoffs

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect the usual suspects to have a pop at the number of fans we take. Understandably valid in years gone by, and I've always tried to go to Wigan, but this is a nothing match as mentioned so expect even fewer Bulls speccies.

And then let rip with whinging.

I really didn't want to do this, but I just have too.

I remember the days, not that long ago, when Bradford fans would swarm into the North Stand in their thousands. It really makes me sad to see that this once proud club has now been bracketed with other poorly supported clubs such as Harlequins, and Catalan. To walk into the ground last night, and see the North Stand closed was sad.

I remember the days, not that long ago, when Bradford fans would swarm into the North Stand in their thousands. It really makes me sad to see that this once proud club has now been bracketed with other poorly supported clubs such as Harlequins, and Catalan. To walk into the ground last night, and see the North Stand closed was sad.

I used to enjoy the Bradford supporters coming to town, they tended to create a good atmosphere. The now famous "forward" night always springs to mind when we play Bradford.

I have to agree that last night it was sad to see the North stand closed, hats off to those Bradford supporters who did make the effort.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On that point, that's why we as RL fans have got to hope that this Pledge thing works out for them. I agree Bradford used to be one of the biggest games of the year, and it is a shame it is now a bog-standard game. Hopefully they can get the fans signed up and get them hooked again and travelling to away games.

Cracking crowd last night, must have been reasonably close to capacity for the evening, given the closure of the north stand and reductions for stands with unallocated seating etc.

Made even better given that it was a dead rubber, few travelling fans and up against the football, which won't have put many off but would have given the floating fan the perfect excuse not to bother and save there cash for the play-offs as us rugby fans are often accused of doing!

Oh I agree, but I just meant for this game, it's 'understandable' if we took few to Wigan. In seasons gone, when I've also travelled, and the away support has been poor, then any negativity was justified.

All things considered, I think that Mr Childs performance on Friday night was the worst that I have seen from any official this season and highlighted perfectly the problems that Wigan are set to encounter in the upcoming play-offs. Also it went some way to spoiling the evening for the 17,000+ that turned out to see the biggest night for The Warriors for many-a-season. I guess the RFL and its Carnegie-sponsored officials just couldn't stomach Wiganers picking up a trophy (however humble it may be) and enjoying themselves at the same time. Still, it was nice to see James enjoying a brotherly clinch with Kieron on Saturday night - Childs looked a lot more at home at Knowsely Road then he did at the DW so no surprises there then.

:dry: