Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos

ckn

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leeds
    • Draw

The best team won and the ref got the Radford decision right. Radford deserves a 3 match ban for cowardice, sean mcrae summed it up nicely "Radford came in throwing 3 or 4 punches when bailey wasn't in a position to defend himself". How anyone can call Bailey a cheap shot merchant after Radfords cowardly actions makes me laugh. Leeds did enough despite Ian smith doing his best to even it up by becoming stevie Wonder whenever Hull knocked the ball on. That's hulls cup final over and their season next week when Rovers put them to bed (minus Radford)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. He probably made a wrong call on Radford, but when you punch someone three times and split their eye open you're giving the ref a reason to send you off. Hull played well, but got away with a number of knock-ons where Smith said it went backwards (the first play of the game, for one).

It was a difficult game to referee. Hull didn't lose because of the extra man, but because of the poor quality of their passing - Horne and Long threw some shockers.

Only a simpleton could claim that wasn't the deciding factor.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The best team won and the ref got the Radford decision right. Radford deserves a 3 match ban for cowardice, sean mcrae summed it up nicely "Radford came in throwing 3 or 4 punches when bailey wasn't in a position to defend himself". How anyone can call Bailey a cheap shot merchant after Radfords cowardly actions makes me laugh. Leeds did enough despite Ian smith doing his best to even it up by becoming stevie Wonder whenever Hull knocked the ball on. That's hulls cup final over and their season next week when Rovers put them to bed (minus Radford)

I have just submitted to the Oxford English Dictionary an additional definition for the word W@nk3r.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Only a simpleton could claim that wasn't the deciding factor.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but Hull had put themselves in a position to win the game in spite of it. If they had held their nerve in midfield and got a few safe kicks downfield they'd have won. Radford is pretty useless in any event.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I wouldn't mention cup finals if I were you.

Oh, and how can Radford's behaviour affect whether Bailey is a cheap shot merchant or not?, Radford can come up with as many cheap shots as possible, it doesn't negate the face that Bailey's one.

That's a rather bitter post from someone who's team won, we'll see what sort of post you produce after next week's game at the DW.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hmmmm.

Leeds v Wigan - two big names.

Saints v Wire - exciting tie and a real rivalry.

Hull v Hull KR - Dream tie for the play-offs.

Hudds v Crusaders - Easiest possible game for the expansion team finishing eighth.

I bet these are the ties that the RFL would have picked if they were in a position to engineer them.

Oh.

People called Romans they go the house

Hmmmm.

Hudds v Crusaders - Easiest possible game for the expansion team finishing eighth.

I bet these are the ties that the RFL would have picked if they were in a position to engineer them.

Oh.

My thoughts exactly during the Leeds - Hull game, the RFL / Sky and the clubs involved in the playoffs (shared revenue / receipts) benefitted most from a Hull defeat, assuming Huddersfield could then win in France. Although I disagree about Huddersfield being the easiest possible game, they are hitting form at the right time and will hammer Crusaders next weekend.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Same old usual tosh from the anti Leeds/Bailey posters. If Bailey had done what Radford did there'd be calls on here to bring back the death penalty! So Radford punches a player laying on the floor not in a position to defend himself and you say that's not a sending off offence???

Same old usual tosh from the anti Leeds/Bailey posters. If Bailey had done what Radford did there'd be calls on here to bring back the death penalty! So Radford punches a player laying on the floor not in a position to defend himself and you say that's not a sending off offence???

You seem to have overlooked the fact that Bailey elbowed Radford in the back of the head three times before he got his comeuppance.

I don't really have an issue with the sending off, if you punch a bloke several times you are asking for a red card, even a bloke as deserving as Bailey of being punched. The problem for me is that Ian Smith didn't seem to think elbowing an opponent in the head three times is also a sending off offence. Two red cards would have been about right.

Having said all that, the better side lost.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

Hmmmm.

Oh.

edit............leeds and saints, two big names of the modern era.....Wigan big name from the past now improving after a bleak 14 years....will agree with the rest of the post :P:P:P:happy::happy::happy:

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

So it was now Hull's turn to suffer at the hands of the "special reletionship." The decision to send off Radford was probably the worst call I have seen this season - an utter disgrace and yet again a Leeds player gets away scott free with foul play whilst an opponent suffers disproportionately - a situation that has come to be the signature of this season. A sin bin for both players would have been sufficient.

The relationship between the Leeds club, the RFL and its Carnegie sponsored officials is far too close, unhealthily so in fact and steps should be taken to put a greater distance between the individuals concerned with some at the RFL being removed from their positions with immediate effect.

:dry:

I have just submitted to the Oxford English Dictionary an additional definition for the word W@nk3r.

:lol::lol::lol:

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Summat else to mention about yesterday's game.

Hull FC were down to 12 players for around 70 minutes of the match, clearly had tired legs all over the park in the second half, and Jordan Turner never left the subs bench for the entire game. Now, unless there's a problem with the lad that we don't know about, the decision not to use one of our subs beggars belief.

Bravo Richard Agar.

I aren't too fussed about the red card. It could have been a yellow, but you can justify a red just as easily.

What I am p*ssed about is that Bailey got away with everything. No punishment. He was allowed to elbow someone four times in the head, then allowed to attempt to butt Sean Long (which the referee was in full view of, and even blew the whistle after seeing), then allowed to carry on like an indisciplined footballer when the ref was controlling the situation. He didn't even get a talking to. It's a disgrace.

What Radford did was worse, but he got his punishment. Bailey behaved like a moronic coward and got away with it. That's the disgrace.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg