Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos

ckn

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leeds
    • Draw

His ability to stop the try has been on display once again, you're not wrong saying he's the best British winger.

I think Richards and Hicks are non-British rivals that are equal or better on current form (assuming we don't count Paddy's Irish connections).

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel sorry for Hull if this is how it ends, really hard done by. Little to fear from Leeds next week based on this and last weeks performance.

I agree, its been an absorbing game and with thirteen on the field i think Hull would have cleaned up considering how disorganised Leeds have been for most of the game.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I agree, its been an absorbing game and with thirteen on the field i think Hull would have cleaned up considering how disorganised Leeds have been for most of the game.

Agree - Hull would've won at a canter with 13. Just goes to show how one poor decision can swing a game. Only in Smith's world are three elbows to the head and an attempted head butt less serious than three punches. Sin bin for both would've been sufficient.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

So Bailey gets away with elbowing Radford three times in the back of the head then Radford gets sent off. Yellow cards for both would have been fair. The ref cost us the game today with a very poor decision , Smith just blew it . To say I am a bit p***ed off is an understatement.

Posters on here are right, Briscoe is one special player and Reece Lynn for a 17 year old had a great game too.

Edited by westhuller

Never been so infuriated by an official in my life. An absolute disgrace. I would back up Agar all the way if he had a rant about him. Absolutely appalling.

Nah. He probably made a wrong call on Radford, but when you punch someone three times and split their eye open you're giving the ref a reason to send you off. Hull played well, but got away with a number of knock-ons where Smith said it went backwards (the first play of the game, for one).

It was a difficult game to referee. Hull didn't lose because of the extra man, but because of the poor quality of their passing - Horne and Long threw some shockers.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Nah. He probably made a wrong call on Radford, but when you punch someone three times and split their eye open you're giving the ref a reason to send you off. Hull played well, but got away with a number of knock-ons where Smith said it went backwards (the first play of the game, for one).

It was a difficult game to referee. Hull didn't lose because of the extra man, but because of the poor quality of their passing - Horne and Long threw some shockers.

Pretty much as i saw it too, red for definite for me, the problem we got is some refs only give yellows there when they should be red

Lets see the outcome on tuesday, should be 1 match minimum

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Harsh decision against Radford, Smith must have missed the elbow to the head from Bailey.

agreed

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Great effort from Hull so far after the harsh Radford sending off. Really impressed, in particular with Tom Briscoe, best British winger in the league by some distance.

His ability to stop the try has been on display once again, you're not wrong saying he's the best British winger.

but but but ...he's white :O

(sorree couldn't resist)

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

due to entirely forseen circumstances, ie. Mick not turning up, i have a spare ticket for the game. I know it's a bit late but if anybody wants it, pm me.

:lol:

Only just seen this...otherwise I might not have turned up too

Awful decision by Smith.

Hull threw that away, Leeds are cack.

The one consolation is that we will be able to watch Leeds getting ripped a new one at your place next week, rather than ourselves.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Fairly fed up about this result.

Surely Sean Long has enough experience to know if you're down to 12 v 13 you use all your tackles in a set of six.

The decision to kick through on tackle three when on their line, which led to Leeds scoring in their next set was a killer.

Can't blame Lee Radford much, tbh. Like I said to Kenny Tiger earlier on, given the chance to rain a few punches on Ryan Bailey after he's given you the usual cheap shots, how many players would turn it down.

Ian Smith, in sending Radford off, highlighted the inconsistency in RL officials this season.

When Hull FC played Catalans away, David Feriol punched Danny Washbrook 6 or 7 times after playing the ball, Washbrook covered his head best he could without throwing a single punch in retaliation. Ref sends Feriol and Kirk Yeaman to the bin for ten minutes, Yeaman having been 40 yards away when the incident happened, mistaken identity. But there's the inconsitency, the ref intended to give both Feriol and Washbrook ten minutes, one player for throwing punches, the other for doing nothing.

Radford throws three, instant sending off.

If only Ian Smith had reffed the Mason v Fielden game two or three years back...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Surely Sean Long has enough experience to know if you're down to 12 v 13 you use all your tackles in a set of six.

The decision to kick through on tackle three when on their line, which led to Leeds scoring in their next set was a killer.

Can't blame Lee Radford much, tbh. Like I said to Kenny Tiger earlier on, given the chance to rain a few punches on Ryan Bailey after he's given you the usual cheap shots, how many players would turn it down.

Ian Smith, in sending Radford off, highlighted the inconsistency in RL officials this season.

When Hull FC played Catalans away, David Feriol punched Danny Washbrook 6 or 7 times after playing the ball, Washbrook covered his head best he could without throwing a single punch in retaliation. Ref sends Feriol and Kirk Yeaman to the bin for ten minutes, Yeaman having been 40 yards away when the incident happened, mistaken identity. But there's the inconsitency, the ref intended to give both Feriol and Washbrook ten minutes, one player for throwing punches, the other for doing nothing.

If only Ian Smith had reffed the Mason v Fielden game two or three years back...

How about this for a laugh, Wellens elbows a player 3/4 times in the head while defenceless and on his back gets............

A penalty against him and a slap on the wrist from the ref.

dexterue2.png

Never been so infuriated by an official in my life. An absolute disgrace. I would back up Agar all the way if he had a rant about him. Absolutely appalling.

I'm not normally a ref basher, in case anyone hadn't notied, but in my opinion Smith got this one completely wrong. Yellow yes, red never.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

How about this for a laugh, Wellens elbows a player 3/4 times in the head while defenceless and on his back gets............

A penalty against him and a slap on the wrist from the ref.

Same thing occurred to me Gaz.

Funny old game innit?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Not at all, just a pity he wasn't allowed to go on and finish the job.

The best team won and the ref got the Radford decision right. Radford deserves a 3 match ban for cowardice, sean mcrae summed it up nicely "Radford came in throwing 3 or 4 punches when bailey wasn't in a position to defend himself". How anyone can call Bailey a cheap shot merchant after Radfords cowardly actions makes me laugh. Leeds did enough despite Ian smith doing his best to even it up by becoming stevie Wonder whenever Hull knocked the ball on. That's hulls cup final over and their season next week when Rovers put them to bed (minus Radford)